Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

Okay here we go:

Lets see who everyone thinks will meet at the end of the year. This is not a Top 8 of all of Single A. Tell me who you think will come out of each sub state to meet in Murfreesboro & then rank those 8 accordingly.

1. Union City - In my book they are the champions until their first loss to another A team. After that, we'll see.

2. Lake County - loads of returning talent from team that has been on the verge for 2 years.

3. Temple - return everyone of importance: how will new coach work out?

4. Nashville Christian - 4 starters return plus Montessori transfer will help take load off of Frasier (rich get richer)

5. Pickett County - everyone back from sub state team: weak region helps.

6. Cascade - Returns everyone off of solid squad: Hall is a beast!

7. Oliver Springs - lots returning: young, good, energetic coach.

8. Cosby - best in the east last year, will make return trip.

My own personal opinion: Finals will be Lake County & Temple if they aren't on same side of bracket.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here we go:

Lets see who everyone thinks will meet at the end of the year. This is not a Top 8 of all of Single A. Tell me who you think will come out of each sub state to meet in Murfreesboro & then rank those 8 accordingly.

1. Union City - In my book they are the champions until their first loss to another A team. After that, we'll see.

2. Lake County - loads of returning talent from team that has been on the verge for 2 years.

4. Nashville Christian - 4 starters return plus Montessori transfer will help take load off of Frasier (rich get richer)

My own personal opinion: Finals will be Lake County & Temple if they aren't on same side of bracket.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I don't see Oliver Springs making it past the region semi-finals...

I think the Golden Eagles need an Honorable Mention. This team will suprise tons of people, but not me.

Grace Academy (last year's runner up to Union City) should be a very interesting team to keep an eye on. I think they make it back to the Boro, mainly b/c the region they are matched up with is really weak this year. They will be VERY young, but talented, and have two of the top underclass big men in the state on the same team. Those two 6-9 big guys are going to be tough to match up, and McMasters is a stud. However, their guards will be very young, which will be big trouble against teams like Temple, Lake County, etc. I honestly think they have the largest collection of talent of any A team in the state, but they are just so young.

As for Temple, they should be the preseason favorite to win it all. Entire team comes back, great players, easy transition with coaching since Skogen takes over, etc. The Grace-Temple games should be very entertaining this year. Watch out for Lake Co. out west- they are tough as well.

Okay here we go:

This is a good top eight. I know in west tennessee it is a dog fight just to get to the state playoff. I know it also competitive everywhere else. I'm looking foward to the season opener with Lake County.

I don't see Grace doing that much this year. I saw them play over the summer at UTC and they are really lacking an outside game. Mcasters down low is all they really have, their guard play is down alot from last year. When their faced with a team with great quickness and some sharp shooters I don't think they'll stand a chance b/c everyone knows about the big kid and their going to key on him and make the unexperienced guards beat them.

My top eight will be something like this

1. Union City-- Even be a Lake County fan i've got to go with a team that won state in the district. But repeating will be even tougher with some inexperience players in the post. Will really miss the x-man and Quis. But MJ Brown is a star in the making.

2.Lake County-- Seen them in summer leagues and some of the players on the aau travin teams. Lots of size and tons of athleticism. Brandon and Channing might be the best two wing players in the state in single a.

3.Temple-- Alwayes seems to find thereselfs at the campus of mtsu. Got upset in substate but i expect a showing in this tournment.

4.Culleoko-- I'm not sold on this team. Has the easyest road to mtsu but got upset in the substate. Having a player like demario and still cant get to state going trough competition like what was at the campus of middle tn. is a disgrace. But for the easyest road i've have to rank yall 4 by the fault. Yall should be the only sure thing going to state.

5.Grace-- With some experence at guard would help. But having the second best post player in the state will repesent yall as the 5th best team in the state.

6.Humboldt-- Lack of deph. at guard will doom this team from making it to mtsu. But are they big inside. Derek Sain is goin to have a huge year and Ej. is a strong moster inside with the ugliest free throw shot i've ever witness in my short life. (Maybe someone can show him to shoot granny style. it couldnt hurt.)

7.Cosby-- Ran into a buss saw in the tournment. But this team does a good job of possition themselves to make a run to the tournment every year.

8.Halls-- This team is short on deph. but Demarkas Patrick can carry this team in streches. C. harris is a beast inside and rebounds and playes with alot of heart. But the lack of deph. at point and post will doom this team.

And i think that Lake Co. will play Union City in the title game to see who will win it all.