9AA

hschoolfan101

What is this district looking like this upcoming season? With the likes of Gerald Robinson (TSU) of MLK Josh Slater (Lipscomb) of Lipscomb and Rashad Mason of Pearl Cohn, this should be a tough district. Last year Lipscomb and Hume Fogg made it to substate and lost to two very good teams in Bolivar and the state champs in Liberty Tech. However, I think Hume Fogg is a little down this year, and will be replaced by MLK.

My predictions

1) Lipscomb (Slater and Clayton and Hunt will lead the way. Well coached)

2) MLK (Robinson and company will always be in it with Doc Shelton)

3) Pearl Cohn (Rashad Mason and other athletes will be strong)

4) Hume Fogg (New talent and upcoming seniors will have to step up to get to region. Loss of big senior class will hurt. Will battle with Ezell for final spot)

5) Ezell Harding (Loss of Gettis (transfer) hurts. Will struggle with consistancy)

6) CPA (Loss of Carroll...But lots of rising sophomores. Not athletic enough)

7) FRA (No stars. Only a system and no athletes. Maybe they can overachieve)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this district looking like this upcoming season? With the likes of Gerald Robinson (TSU) of MLK Josh Slater (Lipscomb) of Lipscomb and Rashad Mason of Pearl Cohn, this should be a tough district. Last year Lipscomb and Hume Fogg made it to substate and lost to two very good teams in Bolivar and the state champs in Liberty Tech. However, I think Hume Fogg is a little down this year, and will be replaced by MLK.

My predictions

4) Hume Fogg (New talent and upcoming seniors will have to step up to get to region. Loss of big senior class will hurt. Will battle with Ezell for final spot)

5) Ezell Harding (Loss of Gettis (transfer) hurts. Will struggle with consistancy)

very good rankings, i would only switch lipscomb and mlk, and fra and cpa. lipscomb is good and may be better than mlk but mlk always seems to win district no matter what so its hard to bet against them, even though that doesnt mean they will make it to substate. they will probably win the district like always then choke at region just like last year

I think you guys are selling CPA short. They graduated most of their tallent the year before last and played with mostly freshmen last year. They may not have a legitimate shot at 1-3 this year but they will be right in the thick of things for number 4. Coach Brooks deserved better than what he got from the school too.

I think you guys are selling CPA short. They graduated most of their tallent the year before last and played with mostly freshmen last year. They may not have a legitimate shot at 1-3 this year but they will be right in the thick of things for number 4. Coach Brooks deserved better than what he got from the school too.

they may have a shot at 5th but i think the region qualifiers are pretty much gonna be the same as last year. most of the key players for all of the top 4 are coming back

My predictions

There are three very capable teams here. Lipscomb and MLK have proven their worthiness time and time again over the past few years. They'll both be good again this year. Pearl Cohn really jumped up and got my attention under Wharton last year. They beat Lipscomb in the postseason and I'd expect them to challenge again this upcoming season.

PC has the most talent. MLK has the best coach and probably the best player. Lipscomb has the best system and the second best player if not the best but a new coach that might be a question.

i agree with all of that except i think slator is number 3 in the district, i think mason is 2, not because mason is better, just because there is no one left in the district that can stop someone that big now that clarence smith is gone. smith's little brother, a junior this year, is good he's just not quite as tall as clarence was so even though he will be one of the best big men in the district he still can't really do anything about mason who has 3 or 4 inches on him

I think that the top 3 are a given and they will have to battle it out at region. (Lipscomb, MLK, and Pearl Cohn). However the 4th spot is up for grab. Hume Fogg lost a lot of players (Kirtiss Brown, Jamesen Hendersen, Todd Zimmerman, Sam Douglas, and Erin Wright)...so all 5 starters. Their players are talented but very inexperienced.....So the 4th spot is up for grabs......About the best players....I think that Gerald Robinson has the most potential hands down....However, I think that the best high school player is Josh Slater....He is able to take over the game easy, and he is the first player to make Lipscomb change their offense. Normally it is only about their system, but they really allow him to take over the game. Rashad Mason is very good (and the only "real" big man in the league), but his game is raw....very raw. He has developed a nice midrange game, and he can snag bowrds on everybody, but he has limited post moves. I still expect him to dominate, but MLK (even without Hopson and Smith) and Lipscomb are too well coached to lose to them at tournament time. I know that Pearl Cohn beat Lipscomb last year in the district, but Lipscomb is very talented this year (Hunt, Slater, McPherson, Clayton, Prady). Also, Hume Fogg beat Pearl Cohn in Regionals, and that was not because of a system. Hume Fogg basically played street ball with them and won so..........I fully expect two of these three teams to make it to Substate and battle with the mighty Liberty Tech and Bolivar.

My predictions

Elaborate on FRA being 7th... They came in, I believe, 5th last year.

Edited by Commander Salamander

I placed FRA at 7th, because of their lack of athleticism. In this district athletes are needed, so I do not see them competing for the top three....However, the 4th spot is up for grabs for anybody. I placed Hume Fogg up at 4th, because they have the most athleticism of the teams remaining....Next I put Ezell, because they are able to get up and down with other teams as well. I only put CPA ahead of FRA, because they have a lot of decent younger players, plus Drew Maddux (who can coach). FRA lost a couple players, and really lack team quickness. They also lost their coach, and even though Piere should step in nicely, I expect them to take a few years to rebuild....However, as I said the 4th spot can be taken by any team...and I mean any team in the bottom four. It all depends on who wants it the most.