9AA

hschoolfan101

I agree that CPA should not be overlooked, and may be bringing in more talent with the hiring of Maddox.

FRA may have some starters left from last year, but what does that mean. None of the are all that athletic, and a system can only go so far. Without a gamechanger or someone that can create something by himself, there is no hope in this district.

I never said anything about FRA finishing ahead of DL, MLK, Hume Fogg, or Pearl Cohn, and because of that, I don't see how CPA or Ezell are more athletic or have the gamechanger you speak of. I really don't wanna have to say this, but i'm assuming you mean FRA isn't athletic because they don't have black people. Because if you don't mean that, then you have no idea what you are talking about. They might not be flashy, but it's not like their players have 10 inch vertical leaps and can't run with anybody. And also, having starters is important because they have been in close games before and won't be shocked by the "athleticism" of the other teams that you speak of. It's really not that hard of a concept to understand.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just guessing.

1. MLK

2. Pearl -Cohn

3. Lipscomb

4. CPA

5. Hume-Fogg

6. Ezell-Harding

7. FRA

2 and 3 can flip flop bases on how well Slater plays. I saw him in the sectional and I was really impressed.

4 and 5 can flip flop based on how well H-F's younger players develop.

Wow.....No I did not say that they are unathletic, because they do not have any black people....Come on now. I have played against them a couple of times, and know from experience that they do not have the team speed of other teams in this district. The only way they can win is by slowing the game down and running a system.....which is very hard to do in this district without someone that is able to break people down one on one a few times a game.

CoachF.....I really like your rankings, especially the pick of CPA at 4. I think that if Zeke plays this year, then they will get a lot better. I don't know about the top 3, but that is what the season is played for.

Back to the other situation.....You obviously do not know much about CPA. They had a down year last year, but they have a lot of players that played in some big AAU games this year. Plus they have a 6-6 Sophomore transfer (Zeke Mason) that is ranked in the top 5 in the state in his class. That will be there game changer. Ezell, I don't know, you can flip flop them with Ezell and maybe Hume Fogg if the younger players do not develop...But I don't see FRA having any chance of getting the fourth spot and making it to Region.

Back to the other situation.....You obviously do not know much about CPA. They had a down year last year, but they have a lot of players that played in some big AAU games this year. Plus they have a 6-6 Sophomore transfer (Zeke Mason) that is ranked in the top 5 in the state in his class. That will be there game changer. Ezell, I don't know, you can flip flop them with Ezell and maybe Hume Fogg if the younger players do not develop...But I don't see FRA having any chance of getting the fourth spot and making it to Region.

Yet again, I never said they would finish top 4. But I have seen Zeke play, and I am very unimpressed. Talented, but extremely lazy and gets in foul trouble. Also, FRA played in a lot of AAU games this summer, so don't act like that is some kind of advantage for CPA.

Wow.....No I did not say that they are unathletic, because they do not have any black people....Come on now. I have played against them a couple of times, and know from experience that they do not have the team speed of other teams in this district. The only way they can win is by slowing the game down and running a system.....which is very hard to do in this district without someone that is able to break people down one on one a few times a game.

CoachF.....I really like your rankings, especially the pick of CPA at 4. I think that if Zeke plays this year, then they will get a lot better. I don't know about the top 3, but that is what the season is played for.

fra has plenty of team speed. come on they have sub-2:00 800m runner kyle patterson. they just don't have enough players to play with the big guns like mlk, lipscomb, and pearl cohn. it doesnt help that their school has about a third of the students. the private school multiplier killed them basically

fra has plenty of team speed. come on they have sub-2:00 800m runner kyle patterson. they just don't have enough players to play with the big guns like mlk, lipscomb, and pearl cohn. it doesnt help that their school has about a third of the students. the private school multiplier killed them basically

The multiplier did hurt them. I do not put them in the same category that I do with other private schools. They have good coaches and they will play hard. My predictions were not meant as an insult. They could be motivation.

I THINK THAT LIPSCOMB WILL HAVE THE BEST STARTING FIVE PALYERS IN THE DISTRICT. SLATER AND CLAYTON AT GUARDS, HUNT AT FORWARD, MACPHERSON AT CENTER, AND 3 OR 4 VERY TALENTED PLAYERS TO CHOOSE FROM TO FILL OUT THE STARTING FIVE. ALTHOUGHT THERE IS A LOT OF TALENT IN THE DISTRICT...IT WILL BE HARD TO BEAT THIS TEAM.