WHO IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED OR SEEN?

RANDY SAVAGE

Then I played against you to! That 94 team was something else. I played at Sevier Co and we came down there and gave you all a pretty good game some how. I think that Tito was hurt that game but there was plenty more tallent to take up the slack! That was by far the funnest game I ever played or coached in again one of the best ever and probably the most tallented I have ever seen! :thumb:

Yeah, it was a good game - you guys were one our better games that year, I think Matthews was yall's quarterback? He was pretty good. We a little bit of talent with Tito, Kemp, Biggers, Atkins, Mikki Allen (UT), Richard Land (the real UT - Texas), Kirk Johnson (QB for Illinois), etc. They were better the next two years when all those guys came back - we lost to Haywood that year in the semis 7-3, who lost to Cleveland in the clinic bowl.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right that AE was unbelievable, I cried when they beat BA in the Clinic Bowl that year in 86, I was 9. I played with Tito and Austin, they were sophs when I was a sr.I grew up watching those BA teams in the 80's. Saw many a game at Vandy and in the playoffs against Alcoa and AE. Here's a good memory - in 88 I remember watching your friends brother - Jason Patrick beat Pascagoula (sp?) MS with Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley at Pascagoula - BA wins 6-0, JP burning Buckley on a go route for the only score of the game - pass was from Jeff Brothers (vandy and current JPII coach). Unbelievable. Those were the real days of TN high school football.

Boy Matt you do remember! I remember "smacking" Jason around in the basement of his family's home in Brentwood, ha, ha. First time this kid had been exposed to the little town of Brentwood. Boy have times changed. I do remember when Jason caught that pass. I think his Dad still relishes that moment. I also knew Jason Cook when he was a little punk too. He was an Overton boy if my memory is correct. Thanks for the memories. Oh, you should here Jason Patrick tell the story about crack blocking Shannon Mitchell in the 88 State Championship.......Shannon was a Jr. Very funny and expressive story!

Boy Matt you do remember! I remember "smacking" Jason around in the basement of his family's home in Brentwood, ha, ha. First time this kid had been exposed to the little town of Brentwood. Boy have times changed. I do remember when Jason caught that pass. I think his Dad still relishes that moment. I also knew Jason Cook when he was a little punk too. He was an Overton boy if my memory is correct. Thanks for the memories. Oh, you should here Jason Patrick tell the story about crack blocking Shannon Mitchell in the 88 State Championship.......Shannon was a Jr. Very funny and expressive story!

I have about 1,000 more of those memories. I think I actually remember that block vaguely (remember I was 9), because it was one of those were the whole crowd let out a OOOOOHHH, and if I remember correctly that block sprung either Joe Paisley or Jason Cook for one of BA's td's. Yeah you're right, now brentwood is huge now, nothing compared to what it was growing up. I wore Jason's (Patrick) number when I played for BA because I idolized him as a kid, he could be the best all around athlete BA ever produced - BIG 8 decathalon champ in college, pretty impressive.

I have about 1,000 more of those memories. I think I actually remember that block vaguely (remember I was 9), because it was one of those were the whole crowd let out a OOOOOHHH, and if I remember correctly that block sprung either Joe Paisley or Jason Cook for one of BA's td's. Yeah you're right, now brentwood is huge now, nothing compared to what it was growing up. I wore Jason's (Patrick) number when I played for BA because I idolized him as a kid, he could be the best all around athlete BA ever produced - BIG 8 decathalon champ in college, pretty impressive.

Actually this crack back block ended differently. Evidentally Shannon saw him coming and let him "have it!" I think he said it felt like running into a wall. Remember Shannon played at Georgia and the Chargers in the NFL. I cannot tell the story as good as he can....if you know what I mean. He used some different adjectives. By the way, he is doing great. He is a Vice-Pres with Coca Cola in Seattle. He was a great athlete and that BA team honestly had some great kids including Bubba Miller who also was a Jr. in that game. The next year, if you will remember, they faced the same Alcoa team in the coldest Blue Cross game I can ever remember.

one that has not been brought up would have been the dickson county team of 1990. they went undefeated and won the state over a very good oakland team. along the way they defeated many good teams including shelton quarrels(tampa bay=whites creek grad), and dewayne dotson(tennessee then ole miss transfer=hendersonville grad). i remember jeffery vaughn, mr football 5a knocking quarrells helment off on a punt coverage when quarrells was tryin to block for the returner. if i remember correctly the ambulance came out to the sidelines and took quarrels off. vaughn was a unique star player but like others got involved in the wrong things and wasted his talent.

Edited by wreaking havoc

1994 south pittsburg pirates had 8 players get scholorships, and won A champions.. and 1994 jasper team.. with eric westmorland... state champions as well. first time 2 state champions from the same county ever....

HUH????????????? Alcoa and Maryville first did it in 1978, and have done it in 2000, 2004 and 2005. They both played in the championship game in 1977 and 1979 also with Alcoa winning and Maryville losing their games.

Actually this crack back block ended differently. Evidentally Shannon saw him coming and let him "have it!" I think he said it felt like running into a wall. Remember Shannon played at Georgia and the Chargers in the NFL. I cannot tell the story as good as he can....if you know what I mean. He used some different adjectives. By the way, he is doing great. He is a Vice-Pres with Coca Cola in Seattle. He was a great athlete and that BA team honestly had some great kids including Bubba Miller who also was a Jr. in that game. The next year, if you will remember, they faced the same Alcoa team in the coldest Blue Cross game I can ever remember.

You're right, I have so many of them they all run together. You're right again, the next year was the coldest game I've ever been to. Ice everywhere. I could name about 50 more guys off that team that were not only great players but great people as well - Matt McIntyre, Al Allen, Joe Paisley, Brian Byrd, Scott Holmes, Jeff Brothers, Grey Pointer, just to name a few. Those were some rivalries/games - BA, Alcoa, and Austin East, whoa, they were all good.