WHO IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED OR SEEN?

RANDY SAVAGE

Amen. I was going to say the same thing. Probably the only football team I have ever seen that could line up in the fullhouse-T or go 5 wide and be just as effective out of either. And that defense.......oh man. And for a Memphis team, they were very well coached. If there has ever been a Tennessee team that could beat them, I would like to see it.

I saw that 96 Melrose team as well and they have to be the best team that I've ever seen. The Milan 99 team that moved up to 3A and won the ship after winning it in 2A the year before is close.

The best team(s) I've ever played agianst has to be a tie between the 95 Humboldt team and the 94 JCM team.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1994 south pittsburg pirates had 8 players get scholorships, and won A champions.. and 1994 jasper team.. with eric westmorland... state champions as well. first time 2 state champions from the same county ever....

Which 8 players from that team received scholarships, and from where?

Im not all sure where to ... I used to know . but ya know how old age is... but the Killer b's banks brothers... brandon price , brandon chance..perry hutchon's... corey tipton.... Macho green was drafted by the Braves... Jarrad cardon, i still think im missing someone... maybe th eOld Pirate can elaberate better than I can.. I know he knew that team well also....

Edited by Geno

I remember the 1996 Memphis Melrose team that Tyner played in the state championship team as being by far the fastest team I have ever seen. They were loaded with speed and size on both sides of the ball. They were tough to defend with all of the misdirection plays they ran. After that year I remember Tyner began to run alot of the same misdirection plays and still do today.

That 1996 Melrose team was really good and is definitely up there. Another real good team is '93 Cleveland with the Cobb Brothers (off the chain!!!) Others are '89 Alcoa, '92 & '94 Marion County, '94 Riverdale, '95-'96 Brentwood Academy, and '97 & '98 Pearl-Cohn. I will never forget '92 Marion County in their come-from-behind win over Brentwood Academy and BA leaving their runner-up trophy on the sideline after the game. And of course, I have to represent '93 Springfield.

Edited by bellgo

one that has not been brought up would have been the dickson county team of 1990. they went undefeated and won the state over a very good oakland team. along the way they defeated many good teams including shelton quarrels(tampa bay=whites creek grad), and dewayne dotson(tennessee then ole miss transfer=hendersonville grad). i remember jeffery vaughn, mr football 5a knocking quarrells helment off on a punt coverage when quarrells was tryin to block for the returner. if i remember correctly the ambulance came out to the sidelines and took quarrels off. vaughn was a unique star player but like others got involved in the wrong things and wasted his talent.

Dickson County won the state title and went undefeated in Class AAA in 1988; and they did beat Oakland. Lincoln County won in 1990 and beat Germantown in the Class AAA title game. No one has mentioned '91 Oak Ridge. They won the Class AAA state title by embarrassing Gallatin 30-0. That was the year they had Shawn Summers, and they were really good!

Edited by bellgo

Im not all sure where to ... I used to know . but ya know how old age is... but the Killer b's banks brothers... brandon price , brandon chance..perry hutchon's... corey tipton.... Macho green was drafted by the Braves... Jarrad cardon, i still think im missing someone... maybe th eOld Pirate can elaberate better than I can.. I know he knew that team well also....

I think Cory Tipton, the running back, played at West Georgia at least for a year or two, and one of the linemen played at maybe Sewanee. I didn'tremember anyone else.