Smith County vs. Westmoreland

SCHS FAN

let me tell u somethin about those two games twan. the loss to macon was stolen from us with about ten seconds left on the clock on a one hop touchdown pass. the loss to gordonsville we just gave that one away. however we scored on the last play to go back ahead but the refs some how called a block in the back inside the tackle box on a pass play. u cant call that inside the tackle box like that. so in my point of view we should be undefeated.

Whaaaaaaaaa....whaaaaaaaaaaa....there's your excuses. Heck...we should be 7-1 too. :blink:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaaaaaaaaa....whaaaaaaaaaaa....there's your excuses. Heck...we should be 7-1 too. :blink:

We can sit here and play shoulda woulda coulda till this time next year and the outcome of the game will still be the same. Who cares if Westmoreland lost to Gordonsville and Macon, they won when they had to and have a region championship to prove it. And have you Smith County people ever thought that maybe the Westmoreland defense had something to do with ya'll playing so bad on offense instead of ya'll just having a horrible game?

We can sit here and play shoulda woulda coulda till this time next year and the outcome of the game will still be the same. Who cares if Westmoreland lost to Gordonsville and Macon, they won when they had to and have a region championship to prove it. And have you Smith County people ever thought that maybe the Westmoreland defense had something to do with ya'll playing so bad on offense instead of ya'll just having a horrible game?

Could be...but I don't think their defense had anything to do with 2 wide open dropped td passes. It really doesn't matter now. The game is over and the score is all that matters. Westmoland made the plays to win...SC...had the opportunities...and didn't. That's the bottom line. On to face and LA team that will play very hard against SC.

Edited by Antwan

no the westmoreland defense shut you boys down only 90 some yards of offense that pitiful. westmoreland dominated the game on defense. were was all the weapons westmoreland simply couldnt handle. were was the speedy recievers that would run by us. were was the back we couldnt handle who would run all over us. they were all nowhere to be found.not that there not good players. i think westmoreland just came into the game with a good defensive gameplan and shut them down. dont u think that westmoreland might actually have a good defense and stopped them. its not that smith just played bad it that westmorelands defense is pretty solid.

Westmoreland didn't beat themselves hud. As I've said before, #7 & #8 made big time plays in the passing game. #7 would throw up a prayer and #8 would answer it......Every time but once when it was third and long and SC #22 knocks the ball away and gets called for Pass Interference. The Eagles scored on that drive after a few more questionable penalties. You Westmoreland people are the one's that don't get it. SC played terrible. The Eagles had nothing to do with how bad the Owls played. With all things considered, as good as the Eagles played and as bad as the Owls played. SC, still, had to drop a TD pass and miss a field goal in the last two minutes of the game for you to win. You didn't beat yourself. SC did.

Great Job Eagles.......You Guys are "World Beaters" Now.

no the westmoreland defense shut you boys down only 90 some yards of offense that pitiful. westmoreland dominated the game on defense. were was all the weapons westmoreland simply couldnt handle. were was the speedy recievers that would run by us. were was the back we couldnt handle who would run all over us. they were all nowhere to be found.not that there not good players. i think westmoreland just came into the game with a good defensive gameplan and shut them down. dont u think that westmoreland might actually have a good defense and stopped them. its not that smith just played bad it that westmorelands defense is pretty solid.

Everybody knows that you all held the owls to less than a 100 yards, and that Westmoreland did what they had to do to win the game. ONCE AGAIN, Congrats on the region championship.

Keep telling yourself that. The plays were there to be made. SC has made those plays all season. They didn't last Friday. You gave up 26 to Gordonsville...24 to Macon...struggled to beat Upperman. Those are the only teams that had a chance to play with you...besides YAI. SC was favored by no less than 20 points. SC pounded the teams you lost to. Your win at YAI was a good win even though they are in a slide. They pounded Upperman 38-7...a team you were tied with at the half. Your qb that has a 40% completion rate for the season...looked like John Elway. Gee...why would anyone think SC had a dreadful night? Like I said before...you made the plays to win this time. You deserve the region title. You earned it on the field in region games. We'll see if you can keep it up in the playoffs...where the real season begins.

Edited by Antwan

Let me get this straight. Tez is #25? I thought he was #5. What is #5's name? He is the one that killed us last year at SC, he was the one I was worried about beating us again this year. And he almost did. We had several players who came out of nowhere to help us win this game. #64 came up with two big knockdowns on defense, although one was caught and actually carried for a game. #85 made an unbelievable play on a ball to bring us out of a third and long. #66 had a huge sack on the final drive to, in my opinion, end the game. And the defensive line played as solid as any line we have had since the great d-line in 2000. Yea, the usuals produced in this game but I think it were the guys who stepped up big from the other positions to take the Region Championship.

Let me get this straight. Tez is #25? I thought he was #5. What is #5's name? He is the one that killed us last year at SC, he was the one I was worried about beating us again this year. And he almost did. We had several players who came out of nowhere to help us win this game. #64 came up with two big knockdowns on defense, although one was caught and actually carried for a game. #85 made an unbelievable play on a ball to bring us out of a third and long. #66 had a huge sack on the final drive to, in my opinion, end the game. And the defensive line played as solid as any line we have had since the great d-line in 2000. Yea, the usuals produced in this game but I think it were the guys who stepped up big from the other positions to take the Region Championship.

I am a big fan of Evans (#5). I like the way he runs the ball, alot of respect for his game. Smith County normally blends a little Evans, Rich, Tez, Bass, Cannon, Davenport, Rigsby, and Wilmore into one rythem. Like said many times before, there was no rythem Friday night. That is credited to Westmoreland's defense. But, if some plays were made when the opportunities present themselves, that in my opinion, serves as a kick start.