District 7 AAA standings

TtownWat

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are still some games to play... Cookeville and siegel this thursday. (I'm pretty sure i know how that one is going to go) But does anyone know the standings as of now?

7-AAA has of 10/4/06

1 Riverdale 6-0

2 Siegel 4-0

3 Cookville 5-1

4 Lebanon 4-3

5 Oakland 1-4-1

6 Blackman 1-4

7 White Co 1-5

8 Warren Co 0-5-1

Tournament is at Riverdale

Siegel plays Cookville tonight and Riverdale on Monday. That should determine the district champ. Then the tournament. Siegel should be favored to win both. Siegel has played much better competition this year and has faired well, Riverdale on the other hand has not. Prediction Siegel 4-0 over Cookville 3-0 over Riverdale.

7-AAA has of 10/4/06

1 Riverdale 6-0

2 Siegel 4-0

3 Cookville 5-1

4 Lebanon 4-3

5 Oakland 1-4-1

6 Blackman 1-4

7 White Co 1-5

8 Warren Co 0-5-1

Tournament is at Riverdale

Siegel plays Cookville tonight and Riverdale on Monday. That should determine the district champ. Then the tournament. Siegel should be favored to win both. Siegel has played much better competition this year and has faired well, Riverdale on the other hand has not. Prediction Siegel 4-0 over Cookville 3-0 over Riverdale.

Having seen all three play

Siegel at Cookville Siegel 3-2

Siegel at Riverdale Riverdale 5-3

Where they are playing will make a big difference. Cookeville could go the other way with the same score.

My prediction was right..

Siegel 4-0 over Cookeville

1st half

Hayley Sloan was fouled in the box. Page Prescot nails the penelity kick.

Hayley Sloan breaks away and drives one into the net

2nd half

Page Prescot punches one from the 18 over the goalies head

Maggie Trollenger on a corner kick bends it in, goalie attempts to stop but deflects into the net.

Siegel defense played very solid for the shut out.

Having seen all three play

Siegel at Cookville Siegel 3-2

Siegel at Riverdale Riverdale 5-3

Where they are playing will make a big difference. Cookeville could go the other way with the same score.

hmmm....don't think riverdale is going to be able to put 5 in on siegel. Having seen siegel play, i don't think riverdale is going to be able to get past siegels defense. As of now, siegels defense has remained solid and given plenty of teams challenges with scoring. I don't think it matters where the riverdale-siegel game is played, because either way both teams will have a big crowd.

hmmm....don't think riverdale is going to be able to put 5 in on siegel. Having seen siegel play, i don't think riverdale is going to be able to get past siegels defense. As of now, siegels defense has remained solid and given plenty of teams challenges with scoring. I don't think it matters where the riverdale-siegel game is played, because either way both teams will have a big crowd.

Hope I'm wrong. I wasn't thinking about the crowd. Riverdale is a short narrow field similar to the White County field which will negate your speed advantage and limit your ability to drive to the corner then cross. Just too many bodies end up in the box, and Onwu is pretty quick off her line.

No doubt Siegel's defense is tough with one of the better backlines in the state. Rivedale is more adept on a short field to lobbing balls to Smith and Kirby. They have two defenders that are pretty consitent at lobbing to the penalty mark from the half line. Fortunatlly, they both play right side. Force them up the left side and the attack will peter out after about three touches. Your keeper will need to be ready to get up in the air. They have a tendancy to one touch top right. Not many shots low unless they come from the edge of the 18. Best of luck. Wish I could be there to watch it.

Edited by KeeperFan15

this game is not one to miss.. both teams have a really good offence... however both can be shut down because they each have key players that make most of the plays/shots. so i think it depends both on who wants it the most and what defense is on their game. im going with a 3-2 win for siegel but riverdale is gonna put up a good fight.

my only comment before the game is if ali was smart he would play for a draw

i don't how ties are decided but if they do tie

siegel would have to beat warren co by 15 goals to win 7-AAA or get #1 seed

riverdale +38

siegel +24

i think

Edited by mjuhb