District 7 AAA standings

TtownWat

If Riverdale and Siegel end in a draw, then the title would go to Siegel based on their score against Cookeville which was 4 - 0 as opposed to Riverdale's score against Cookeville which was 2 - 1 (this is of course assuming that Siegel is going to have no problem beating Warren County).

The tie breakers are as follows:

1. Head to head

2. Highest seeded opponent down to the lowest (in this case - Cookeville)

3. Goal differential not to exceed 3 goals

4. Coin toss

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that as this game starts to play out, this game will get dirty

it did get a little ugly at the end when cheryl got a yellow for what i don't know

i was standing right beside the siegel bench i didn't see anything wrong because cheryl got the ball but of course she also took out towry in the process

the funny thing was winn took the pk hit ball straight to cheryl and cheryl got called for coming off her line

siegel goals were sloan, winn, 3rd goal not sure, prescott, anna grace and sloan

the 2 riverdale goals was from at least 30+ yards out

The tie breakers are as follows:

1. Head to head

2. Highest seeded opponent down to the lowest (in this case - Cookeville)

3. Goal differential not to exceed 3 goals

4. Coin toss

I apologize that this isn't about dist 7AAA standings but I did have a question about Tie breakers in a district...

I've wondered about this as it seemed to work otherwise in our district (small with only four teams)

Try this on an see where you think the tie break went.

Oolt beats Central 2 - 0

Oolt beats Red Bank 5 - 0

Soddy D beats Central 3 - 1

Soddy D beats Red Bank 3 - 0

Soddy D ties Oolt 1 - 1

Head to head tie

Same record against district opponents

Same score differential (max counted diff is 3) ....

There was no coin flip AFAIK. Soddy got the Home field based on the more goals scored on Central, as I understand it. I would have thought giving up a goal would have counted against them. Oh well they played really well and we will see them again in the District playoffs, I'm sure.

Edited by Owl-Tracker

I apologize that this isn't about dist 7AAA standings but I did have a question about Tie breakers in a district...

I've wondered about this as it seemed to work otherwise in our district (small with only four teams)

Try this on an see where you think the tie break went.

Oolt beats Central 2 - 0

Oolt beats Red Bank 5 - 0

Soddy D beats Central 3 - 1

Soddy D beats Red Bank 3 - 0

Soddy D ties Oolt 1 - 1

Head to head tie

Same record against district opponents

Same score differential (max counted diff is 3) ....

There was no coin flip AFAIK. Soddy got the Home field based on the more goals scored on Central, as I understand it. I would have thought giving up a goal would have counted against them. Oh well they played really well and we will see them again in the District playoffs, I'm sure.

No need to apologize and it is a good subject. Each district decides on its own tournament and seedings, etc. if they even have one. The State does not have any regulations regarding district seedings or tournaments. You don't even have to have a district tournament. All the State wants is for each district to give it the names of two schools for the next level of tournament play. You could have a district tournament to decide those two teams or you could just play round robin in the regular season and the highest two finishers then advance to the regionals, etc.

In district 7 AAA we have chosen the tournament format and the coaches have developed a set of "by laws" to govern tournament play, etc. You might want to check your district to see if the coaches meet and have a set of "by laws" to govern district play.

7AAA Finished this way.

1 Siegel 13-3-1, 7-0-0

2 Riverdale 9-2-1, 6-1-0

3 Cookeville 8-7-1, 5-2-0

4 Lebanon 10-5-0, 4-3-0

5 Blackman 4-10-0, 3-4-0

6 Oakland 1-7-1, 1-5-1

7 White Co. 8-6-0, 1-6-0

8 Warren Co. 1-8-2, 0-6-1

Tournament matchups should be

Siegel vs Warrren Co.

Lebanon vs. Blackman

Riverdale vs. White Co.

Cookeville vs. Oakland

Good luck to all. :rolleyes:

7AAA JV tournament this weekend at Riverdale.