BBBest's Top Ten in TN 5A

Well the 2A team in question almost beat Maryville which nobody will argue is the best PROGRAM in the state. McCallie DIDNOT beat Riverdale the Coaches at Riverdale did that for them. All are great programs but using your logic I could say who is the last team that beat Dobyns Bennett (Oh yeah it was Ooltewah last year in playoffs) and Owls and DB are arguably better than last years teams so I'd put Owls at least #2 behind Gallatin since I haven't seen em or # 1 ahead of DB.

Again, all good points. I would still give the advantage to DB because they return a stronger nucleus from last year and have looked pretty strong so far this year.

Gallatin is tough this year; we'll see how they end up.

Ooltewah is still awful young, and though I see your point about Ooltewah beating the last year at DB, the Indians were the young team that year and the Owls the more experienced team. As someone from DB put it, arguably the best four seed in the state last year. We'll see how Ooltewah fairs against Farragut and Oak Ridge and then you may have a point. OR will be a good measuring stick between DB and OHS.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the 2A team in question almost beat Maryville which nobody will argue is the best PROGRAM in the state. McCallie DIDNOT beat Riverdale the Coaches at Riverdale did that for them. All are great programs but using your logic I could say who is the last team that beat Dobyns Bennett (Oh yeah it was Ooltewah last year in playoffs) and Owls and DB are arguably better than last years teams so I'd put Owls at least #2 behind Gallatin since I haven't seen em or # 1 ahead of DB.

Not to get off subject, but Maryville is the best program in 4A, not the state. I think Brentwood Academy, MBA, and Riverdale would all argue that they do much better against stronger opponents- mainly 5A teams. And the key word there is "almost". They don't give out playoff spots to teams for "almost".

And lastly, I totally disagree with the coaching comment about the Riverdale game. To the best of my knowledge they still put eleven players on defense those last three minutes didn't they? Did the coaches give up three TD passes, including a Hail Mary at the end of regulation? No. All coaches can so is put their players in a position to win. They can't go out there and block and tackle for them. Or in this case cover recievers when you know they are going to pass.

Not to get off subject, but Maryville is the best program in 4A, not the state. I think Brentwood Academy, MBA, and Riverdale would all argue that they do much better against stronger opponents- mainly 5A teams. And the key word there is "almost". They don't give out playoff spots to teams for "almost".

And lastly, I totally disagree with the coaching comment about the Riverdale game. To the best of my knowledge they still put eleven players on defense those last three minutes didn't they? Did the coaches give up three TD passes, including a Hail Mary at the end of regulation? No. All coaches can so is put their players in a position to win. They can't go out there and block and tackle for them. Or in this case cover recievers when you know they are going to pass.

I can tell you didn't watch the game when McCallie was down 14 with 1:32 left and no time outs and Riverdale fumbled. and that is not as bad as Riverdale throwing after recovering an onsides kick after being 0-2 all night passing with 449 yards rushing and throwing an interception (again McCallie had no time outs ) 1 Knee ends game. So yes Coach was an Idiot and we at Ooltewah look forward to seeing you in playoffs.

If you think Dobyns Bennett is the best team you will be highly disappointed

Why would you think someone would be highly disappointed if they think that db is the best? How many DB games have you been to this year? And if you have been to any of their games there is no way you would be able to say that they are not at least a top 5 school. From what they have been able to do they definitely deserve to be right up there with the top schools in the state.

Why would you think someone would be highly disappointed if they think that db is the best? How many DB games have you been to this year? And if you have been to any of their games there is no way you would be able to say that they are not at least a top 5 school. From what they have been able to do they definitely deserve to be right up there with the top schools in the state.

Well last loss they had was to Ooltewah so they really should be ranked below Owls til someone beats Ooltewah IMHO...

I am glad an expert told DB they will not win the championship. Just think, DB would have kept playing games and wasting there time, why even play? I guess DB should just pack there gear up and quit for the season. And to think they would actually try to win! Thanks for the tip LordZeus, I hope your school wins it all.

Edited by bud

I can tell you didn't watch the game when McCallie was down 14 with 1:32 left and no time outs and Riverdale fumbled. and that is not as bad as Riverdale throwing after recovering an onsides kick after being 0-2 all night passing with 449 yards rushing and throwing an interception (again McCallie had no time outs ) 1 Knee ends game. So yes Coach was an Idiot and we at Ooltewah look forward to seeing you in playoffs.

The coach didn't fumble. The coach didn't throw the pick (my understanding was it had been tied up at that point). Bottom line is if kids perform as they are coached to then McCallie shouldn't score any of the 3 TDs they gave up those final minutes. Should the guy have approached things a little differently, yes. I don't think his decision making was good at all. My arguement is this- stop the team from catching the ball and ending up in the end zone just ONCE out of those three situations and RHS wins- no way McCallie beats them in OT. The coaches can't physically stop McCallie from scoring, it's up to the kids to decide how bad they want it. McCallie wanted it more. Period.

The coach didn't fumble. The coach didn't throw the pick (my understanding was it had been tied up at that point). Bottom line is if kids perform as they are coached to then McCallie shouldn't score any of the 3 TDs they gave up those final minutes. Should the guy have approached things a little differently, yes. I don't think his decision making was good at all. My arguement is this- stop the team from catching the ball and ending up in the end zone just ONCE out of those three situations and RHS wins- no way McCallie beats them in OT. The coaches can't physically stop McCallie from scoring, it's up to the kids to decide how bad they want it. McCallie wanted it more. Period.

Hmm Coach is the one that calls Victory formation>>> dork... Kids will always throw the ball around or try to do stuff to win. Riverdale coach lost that game not the kids and you can't hang it on the kids they played thier ask es off..and didn't get what they deserved that night. But you must be the coach trying to blame that loss on the kids..........

Hmm Coach is the one that calls Victory formation>>> dork... Kids will always throw the ball around or try to do stuff to win. Riverdale coach lost that game not the kids and you can't hang it on the kids they played thier ask es off..and didn't get what they deserved that night. But you must be the coach trying to blame that loss on the kids..........

I'm not assigning blame to anyone. I'm just pointing out the obvious- its football- its eleven on eleven. Not one coach versus another coach. They don't hand the big shiny trophy to the coach- they give it to the whole team. If Riverdale's defense shuts them down when the score is still 27-14 we aren't talking about this. But they let them score, and here we are. And they did get what they deserved. If you don't play well for a whole 48 minutes against a real good team- you're gonna get beat. Better to happen in August than in November or December. Riverdale will be better for it in the long run. Just ask the '97 Warriors after they got smacked in the mouth by Gallatin 41-20.

I am glad an expert told DB they will not win the championship. Just think, DB would have kept playing games and wasting there time, why even play? I guess DB should just pack there gear up and quit for the season. And to think they would actually try to win! Thanks for the tip LordZeus, I hope your school wins it all.

Thanks for agreeing with me. You took teh words right out of my mouth.<_<