BBBest's Top Ten in TN 5A

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Dobyns Bennett is the best team you will be highly disappointed

I'm not sure I will be disappointed, because I am not from that area of the state. It simply appears to me that based upon record so far, and based on overall SOS, and based on margin of victory this is a good start. You also have a big time win over a very good Oak Ridge program (probably a little down this year) and until they are beaten, you have to consider this.

I'm surprised that I didn't get more fuss over the Riverdale placement, but my thoughts on that were--Riverdale hasn't been beaten yet by a 5A school and their only loss was one thrown in the toilet against a very good McCallie team, a game they should have won.

I'm still not sure about Independence, but they keep winning, and I'm still shaky on Ooltewah because they are so young.

There also some other teams that I wouldn't count out completely yet either: Wooddale (6-0); Houston (5-1); Millington (6-1); Dickson County (5-1); Sevier County 6-1). And I still think there are some two loss teams who could still be in the hunt if they can win out.

Surprised a little that no one is debating the issues a little. No problem; the season must go on and we'll see.

I'm not sure I will be disappointed, because I am not from that area of the state. It simply appears to me that based upon record so far, and based on overall SOS, and based on margin of victory this is a good start. You also have a big time win over a very good Oak Ridge program (probably a little down this year) and until they are beaten, you have to consider this.

I'm surprised that I didn't get more fuss over the Riverdale placement, but my thoughts on that were--Riverdale hasn't been beaten yet by a 5A school and their only loss was one thrown in the toilet against a very good McCallie team, a game they should have won.

I'm still not sure about Independence, but they keep winning, and I'm still shaky on Ooltewah because they are so young.

There also some other teams that I wouldn't count out completely yet either: Wooddale (6-0); Houston (5-1); Millington (6-1); Dickson County (5-1); Sevier County 6-1). And I still think there are some two loss teams who could still be in the hunt if they can win out.

Surprised a little that no one is debating the issues a little. No problem; the season must go on and we'll see.

The games this week will start the weeding out process in region 7 and region 8. there are several big games that will show the strengths and weeknesses of the regions. After this friday you should be able to get a better feel for your top ten list.

The games this week will start the weeding out process in region 7 and region 8. there are several big games that will show the strengths and weeknesses of the regions. After this friday you should be able to get a better feel for your top ten list.

Riverdale should be in the top 3.

You may be right and that is part of my point. Who of the top three would you take out? There could be reason to take any of them out, but until they lose it's hard to say that.

I also agree there is an argument for Riverdale, since they have yet to lost to a 5A team. But they did lose and they lost very sloppily. No one should have given up that many points at the end of the game; all you had to do is run the clock out.

The next few weeks will certainly start separating the men from the boys.

I think Franklin deserves more of an arguement to be in the top three than Riverdale. The team Franklin lost to is undefeated (Independence). McCallie is 5-1 with the loss coming to a 2A school. I still can't figure that out. How do you beat Brentwood Academy AND Riverdale, and lose to Alcoa? That's like UT beating Southern Cal and Ohio St. and then loosing to South Carolina or Vandy. I mean come on.

I think Franklin deserves more of an arguement to be in the top three than Riverdale. The team Franklin lost to is undefeated (Independence). McCallie is 5-1 with the loss coming to a 2A school. I still can't figure that out. How do you beat Brentwood Academy AND Riverdale, and lose to Alcoa? That's like UT beating Southern Cal and Ohio St. and then loosing to South Carolina or Vandy. I mean come on.

Well the 2A team in question almost beat Maryville which nobody will argue is the best PROGRAM in the state. McCallie DIDNOT beat Riverdale the Coaches at Riverdale did that for them. All are great programs but using your logic I could say who is the last team that beat Dobyns Bennett (Oh yeah it was Ooltewah last year in playoffs) and Owls and DB are arguably better than last years teams so I'd put Owls at least #2 behind Gallatin since I haven't seen em or # 1 ahead of DB.