BBBest's Top Ten in TN 5A

I am just glad that DB is on notice and now knows, that they can't win. Now they can give maybe say a 50% effort, forgrt about 110%.

I will say this. I live in your neck of the woods. No team in that conference would beat DB this year. I have seen DB play many times this year, and all of the power teams in your conference. I think the most likely to win are more likely teams in the eastern bracket, Ooltewah, Riverdale, DB, maybe Smyrna. I think in the Western Bracket that Franklin and Gallatin have the best shot, but the Eastern bracket will win this year.

Edited by bud

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the 2A team in question almost beat Maryville which nobody will argue is the best PROGRAM in the state. McCallie DIDNOT beat Riverdale the Coaches at Riverdale did that for them. All are great programs but using your logic I could say who is the last team that beat Dobyns Bennett (Oh yeah it was Ooltewah last year in playoffs) and Owls and DB are arguably better than last years teams so I'd put Owls at least #2 behind Gallatin since I haven't seen em or # 1 ahead of DB.

so u put gallatin in front of us they beat WC 21-7 we beat them 31-0 just a thought

I can tell you didn't watch the game when McCallie was down 14 with 1:32 left and no time outs and Riverdale fumbled. and that is not as bad as Riverdale throwing after recovering an onsides kick after being 0-2 all night passing with 449 yards rushing and throwing an interception (again McCallie had no time outs ) 1 Knee ends game. So yes Coach was an Idiot and we at Ooltewah look forward to seeing you in playoffs.

like wise B)

I think Franklin deserves more of an arguement to be in the top three than Riverdale. The team Franklin lost to is undefeated (Independence). McCallie is 5-1 with the loss coming to a 2A school. I still can't figure that out. How do you beat Brentwood Academy AND Riverdale, and lose to Alcoa? That's like UT beating Southern Cal and Ohio St. and then loosing to South Carolina or Vandy. I mean come on.

I would dare say that Alcoa turns out as many, if not more D1 prospects than Brentwood or Riverdale does on a yearly basis. Thier student enrollment may be 2A, but I know many 5A schools wouldn't want them on thier schedule.

I think Franklin deserves more of an arguement to be in the top three than Riverdale. The team Franklin lost to is undefeated (Independence). McCallie is 5-1 with the loss coming to a 2A school. I still can't figure that out. How do you beat Brentwood Academy AND Riverdale, and lose to Alcoa? That's like UT beating Southern Cal and Ohio St. and then loosing to South Carolina or Vandy. I mean come on.

franklin is a good team but is overated just like some others

Based on the games so far, DB is just as deserving as anyone to be ranked #1.

They have only been challenged once this year, and I doubt they will have another close game before the playoffs. But, the playoffs are a different story, and I agree with LordZeus when he stated the Indians will not win the championship. They are better this year than last, so they may get past the first round.

Hope this is the Indians year! Just as an interesting side note the Top 100 is out is out on a rival website. Three Tennessee teams made the list.

#36 Dobyns-Bennett (6-0)

#53 Maryville (7-0)

#58 McCallie (5-1)

Whether or not these teams are number 1 in their divisions or win/lose throughout the rest of the season, I'm impressed Tennessee placed 3 teams this high!

Roll Tribe

Edited by biglon68

Hope this is the Indians year! Just as an interesting side note the Top 100 is out is out on a rival website. Three Tennessee teams made the list.

#36 Dobyns-Bennett (6-0)

#53 Maryville (7-0)

#58 McCallie (5-1)

Whether or not these teams are number 1 in their divisions or win/lose throughout the rest of the season, I'm impressed Tennessee placed 3 teams this high!

Roll Tribe

Congrats to all 3 teams. Could you post a link where this information is listed? Thanks....