• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS HEADING INTO THE HOLIDAY BREAK

1.) Sycamore (4-1): they beat Stewart Co. so therefore hold the head-to-head

1.) Stewart Co. (4-1)

3.) Harpeth (2-1)

3.) Creek Wood (3-2): like Harpeth they are 1 GAME OUT but they have a greater total of losses than HHS

5.) Cheatham Co. (2-2): beat Montgomery Central in their first meeting this yr.

5.) Montgomery Central (2-2)

7.) Waverly Central (0-3)

8.) Fairview (0-5)

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL B)

Edited by Big Country

Waverly played well last night. Conisdering they lost by 30+ to the Cougars last time, it's a big improvement. There were several instances that there were 4 and 5 Sophomores on the floor last night for Waverly, and the Freshman team is outstanding. Right now may not be that great for the Tigers, but it's coming, and coming fast.

Thank you Big Country. How did the other teams in the district do out of district? I know SC and Waverly played but I don't know the scores.

The SCHS-Bruceton game was close in the first half, near blowout in the 2nd. With the 7+ 3pt's by halftime, it kept bruceton central in it..but the Rebs got it together after the break and ended it with a solid 27pt Victory in Dover(72-45). It was great to see Stewart Co. win by a large margin..been a good while :lol:

Waverly lost to Dickson Co. by 9 while Stewart killed Bruceton.

Yeah, if our Guys woulda figured it out in the 1st half that Bruceton does the same thing over and over, then the score would have probably been SC 90 Bruceton 20. Seriously, the Coach has his team doing the same offense repeatedly! Run down the court, shoot a 3...and he's the coach for the girls team I think, cuz they did the same thing and missed about 90% of 'em. I am glad that we got the W, but geeez..you'd think after the 1st 20 times you'd finally start protecting the perimteter, becuz they couldnt do anything down in the post or in the paint.

Edited by DZone

everyone that rotated into the game shot at least one 3pt shot..rediculous shooting % though. I guess the coach figured since his team can't establish a post-game or any kind of inside game, that he'd just have all his players shoot outside. The Rebel Defense was lack on perimeter in my mind, but maintained Constant pressure elsewhere and forced turnovers. I enjoyed watchin Hargis and Wooten gettin into the rebounding and boxing out in the times they did, since it's always the great duo of Lancaster-West takin care of that

Waverly played well last night. Conisdering they lost by 30+ to the Cougars last time, it's a big improvement. There were several instances that there were 4 and 5 Sophomores on the floor last night for Waverly, and the Freshman team is outstanding. Right now may not be that great for the Tigers, but it's coming, and coming fast.

What happened tonight with Waverly Central???? I saw that the final score to their game was a 48-31 loss to Perry Co.

How in the world do they lose to Perry County by 17 points? Didn't they beat Perry County earlier? They are in for a very rude awakening when they start playing the big boys in the district. They come up this way and make the Cheatham County trips after the break. What's going on down there as it seems they have gotten considerably worse the past two years?

How in the world do they lose to Perry County by 17 points? Didn't they beat Perry County earlier? They are in for a very rude awakening when they start playing the big boys in the district. They come up this way and make the Cheatham County trips after the break. What's going on down there as it seems they have gotten considerably worse the past two years?

Size. Waverly was close to none. Alex Green is their only threat down low in all reality. Justin marek, their other post man, tore his ACL in football, then re-tore it in practice.

Maturity. When you first read that statement, you think...diliquents. But that is not the case. Coach Rawlings will not have a kid on his team that gets in trouble or smarts off to an authority figure. What I mean is, they are young. They have 2 Seniors, one Junior, and the rest are sophomores. There are instances lie i've said when there are 4 and 5 Sophomores on the floor. I don't disagree with that in any way, they can play ball. They just have to get used to the fast pace and aggresiveness that comes in playing Varsity Basketball.

Turnovers. That comes in with the young players playing. Don't get me wrong, it isn't only the Sophomores, it is the team. They are finding it hard to get the ball inside, and when they shoot from behind the arc, it just doesn't drop enough. Last night we couldn't hit a thing from deep.

Monday night the Tigers play exceptionally well, but last night it was very lackluster. Like I have said before, the future looks good for Waverly. Just when we had the 8 or 9 SR's it was different. We had Rico, Curtis, Ryan, DJ, Jonathon. We had the dram team for Waverly. Just now, it just doesn't seem right....No team will ever be quite as good as that graduating class was..amazing

Edited by 15 NWTF 08