District 11AA

Big Country

I think Bolivar versus Harpeth game should be a very interesting game. Harpeth must have consistent play from their bench. My opinion is that the starters will probably need to log more minutes than they have in the regular season for Harpeth to come out victorious.

I think tomorrow night between Bolivar and Harpeth will be interesting. If Harpeth gets to play the half court game and stays out of foul trouble, they win. If Bolivar gets to play their running game and press is effective they win.

The other game: Liberty Tech 101 Sycamore 78. Only this close because Coach Williams calls off the dogs really early.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my list of things that Harpeth must do to win:

1 - Value every possesion and limit turnovers

2 - Get back on defense aware of all opponents locations

3 - Rebound, rebound, rebound.

1 - If Harpeth can limit turnovers above the 3-point line then Bolivar's easy transition baskets will be limited.

2 - Getting back on defense is critical. It's one thing to apply pressure when Bolivar comes up with a defensive rebound, but if Harpeth is not getting back effectively, and continues to put themselves in 2 on 1 situations, they are toast. See #1, if you keep turning it over at half court, your toast.

3 - Rebound like they did against JSS. Limit 2nd chance points, get a few 2nd chance points of their own. It's harder to fast break off of a made basket.

These 3 points will enable Harpeth to control the tempo of the game without HAVING to make it a half court game. I wouldn't classify Harpeth a "half-court" team. They like to run, are conditioned to run, and are probably more comfortable running.

If they can do these things, they win.

Go Indians and War Eagles!

Edited by Slube

I agree, I hope Harpeth can pull it out.

Harpeth 62

Bolivar 56

Liberty 88

Sycamore 68

BC I will be wearing a st. louis cardinals flat bill(red) sitting on the front row of where ever there are Harpeth fans. Straightbill wont be able to make it, he has a baseball game. If anybody wants to meet with me I am about 6'4 big guy and will be wearing that hat (red cardinals flat bill).

Well I should be somewhere remotely close to him I'll be wearing an Atlanta Braves hat (the home sunday hats not the regular ones) and it will be backwards. I will also be wearing a " Kings of Kingston" shirt and blue basketball shorts

Here's my list of things that Harpeth must do to win:

1 - Value every possesion and limit turnovers

2 - Get back on defense aware of all opponents locations

3 - Rebound, rebound, rebound.

1 - If Harpeth can limit turnovers above the 3-point line then Bolivar's easy transition baskets will be limited.

2 - Getting back on defense is critical. It's one thing to apply pressure when Bolivar comes up with a defensive rebound, but if Harpeth is not getting back effectively, and continues to put themselves in 2 on 1 situations, they are toast. See #1, if you keep turning it over at half court, your toast.

3 - Rebound like they did against JSS. Limit 2nd chance points, get a few 2nd chance points of their own. It's harder to fast break off of a made basket.

These 3 points will enable Harpeth to control the tempo of the game without HAVING to make it a half court game. I wouldn't classify Harpeth a "half-court" team. They like to run, are conditioned to run, and are probably more comfortable running.

If they can do these things, they win.

Go Indians and War Eagles!

That's a great sypnosis (COLLEGE WORD) there Slube.

See You ALL there tomorrow night. Good Luck District 11AA!!!!!

Well folks it is finally OVER!!!! Tonight the final two 11AA teams fell to state contenders Liberty Tech & Bolivar Central in the Region 6AA Semifinals.

Harpeth led throughout the contest against Bolivar Central but they missed opportunities to put the 2004 & 2005 Champions away early in the first half. Bolivar took what was a 12 point deficit and got it down to 5 by halftime and at the end of the third quarter that 5 point deficit was a 1 point lead heading into the fourth period of play. You all know the rest of the story as Bolivar Central won by 6 (63-57).

Sycamore came out early and fell in a hole early against the defending 2006 state champion Liberty Tech Crusaders. The War Eagles did make a run in the first half to get the game to within striking distance at 30-18 but after that it was pretty much over. Liberty Tech was paced by another monster first half from beyond the arc and the War Eagles did not have an answer as the deficit was 23 heading into the intermission. Any hopes of a comeback were quickly squashed to start out the second half as Liberty extended the lead all the way out to 34 following a dunk. Sycamore played against the reserves the majority of the way in a 24 point loss (89-65).

Great to meet you guys tonight Slube, straightbill, & HHS!!!! It was also great to meet the likes of papatiger and rolltide and get to know those guys throughout the season. I sure do hope this thread has been as helpful to you all throughout this season as it has to me in terms of keeping up with that goings on in District 11AA. THE 2006-2007 HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY IN THE BOOKS FOR 11AA FANS!!!!!!

Here's to a great 2007-2008 campaign :)

Well folks it is finally OVER!!!! Tonight the final two 11AA teams fell to state contenders Liberty Tech & Bolivar Central in the Region 6AA Semifinals.

Harpeth led throughout the contest against Bolivar Central but they missed opportunities to put the 2004 & 2005 Champions away early in the first half. Bolivar took what was a 12 point deficit and got it down to 5 by halftime and at the end of the third quarter that 5 point deficit was a 1 point lead heading into the fourth period of play. You all know the rest of the story as Bolivar Central won by 6 (63-57).

Sycamore came out early and fell in a hole early against the defending 2006 state champion Liberty Tech Crusaders. The War Eagles did make a run in the first half to get the game to within striking distance at 30-18 but after that it was pretty much over. Liberty Tech was paced by another monster first half from beyond the arc and the War Eagles did not have an answer as the deficit was 23 heading into the intermission. Any hopes of a comeback were quickly squashed to start out the second half as Liberty extended the lead all the way out to 34 following a dunk. Sycamore played against the reserves the majority of the way in a 24 point loss (89-65).

Great to meet you guys tonight Slube, straightbill, & HHS!!!! It was also great to meet the likes of papatiger and rolltide and get to know those guys throughout the season. I sure do hope this thread has been as helpful to you all throughout this season as it has to me in terms of keeping up with that goings on in District 11AA. THE 2006-2007 HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY IN THE BOOKS FOR 11AA FANS!!!!!!

Here's to a great 2007-2008 campaign :)

Great job BC.....I really enjoy what you do. I wish I could have met everyone tonight....I was afraid that if I left those seats I had....I wouldn't get them back. Ya'll come on up to the "Boro"........look us up.

DISTRICT 11AA PREVIEW FOR 2007-2008

Creek Wood: they return both Ethan & Brandon Williams to the backcourt next year. Michael Jeppsen is an outstanding shooter who'll return to the team next year. Finally we can't go without mentioning the fact that Ross Primm is also back next year for Coach Taylor's bunch. 2007-2008 will be Creek Wood's best opportunity to date to win the district title,

Cheatham Co.: the Cubs were a team that relied heavily of guard play throughout this season and next year guard play is once again going to be a team strength for Coach John Stigall's bunch. Dontario Dansby has the makings of being an outstanding basketball player. He'll be joined in the backcourt by returning starters Mark Campbell & Tyler Guye next season. Jake Williams is a guy who played key minutes off of the bench throughout this past season and he should be in line to start for the Cubs in 2007-2008.

Fairview: the Jackets were a team that finished towards the bottom of the district this past season but they played some teams tough down the stretch. Coach Ricky Bledsoe's team should improve greatly next year with the return of his son & their star player Drew Bledsoe. Ben Johnson is another returning starter who the folks in Fairview will be expecting big contributions from in 2007-2008.

Harpeth: the 2006-2007 district regular season and tourney champions should be in line to get right back to where they were this past season. Coach Jamie Wilson's bunch will be loaded out on the perimeter next season led by the return of starters Kevin Giltner and Trey Curruthers. Trey's brother Tyler is also going to be returning next season for the Indians as well as will be contributors from this past season's team such as Cody Hudson, Daniel Beasley, Cody Freeman, & Perry Horkins. Folks in Kingston Springs should be expecting big things from Steven Dixon next season as he'll likely step into a starting role.

Montgomery Central: Coach Jimmy Young returns for season number thirty-three on the bench next season and hopefully he won't have to endure as many injuries as he did this past season which is what led to some losses to teams that they shouldn't have lost to in the second half of the season this past year. Demarcus Green and William Lyle are two very athletic forwards who'll give teams in the district fits next season if they are able to stay clear of the injury bug.

Stewart Co.: Coach Bramlett's team has made a complete turnaround from being the doormats of district 11AA to being a team that has to be reckoned with for the district title in just two years. Several seniors that are responsible for this turnaround are now gone but the pieces are in place for this team to get back to the regional tourney next season. 6'6 post player Jacob Taylor will be a player who many of the Dover faithful will rely on next season. He'll be joined by returning players such as Andrew Greenhill, Dylan Smith, & Boone Smith.

Sycamore: the War Eagles might be my pick to win the district next season as they return a load of key players from this past year's region semifinal bunch. Coach Pete Froedden will be back for his second year on the bench for the War Eagles making the first time that this has been the case since Barry Jones' two final years in Pleasant View. Returning with him will be the powerful inside duo of Pierre Mitchell & Travis Dempsey. Aaron Nicholson, Shane Staggs, & Tyler Huston are all guys who played major minutes and all should be starting in the team's backcourt next season to join that awesome front line. Expect contributions from D.J. Anderson & Chase Kilgore next season as well from the War Eagles bench.

Waverly Central is the ONE TEAM in this district that I can honestly say that I don't know what they return to the floor next year. Coach Rawlings and his staff have been rebuilding the last two years after losing 9 SENIORS from that squad that lost at Bolivar Central in the 2004-2005 Sectional. Alex Green is a young man who I thought was a very impressive basketball player from this past year's young squad and if he's returning then that alone will help them out tremendously in their efforts to keep the rebuilding going on in Humphreys County. I need your help in previewing the 2007-2008 Waverly Central Tigers papatiger.

2007-2008 Preseason Predictions will be posted soon :lol:

I really think Bolivar could beat Liberty on Thursday. That's if they slow the game down and not try to run with them. As we all can see not many team can run with liberty. Tomorrow night Jay Murphy will take control and lead us to a victory!!!!!! :lol:

I cant argue with that!!!I just cant see that he is just a freshman.