District 11AA

Big Country

Bolivar did press in the first half. We handled it much better and scored at the other end. They turned up the heat in the 3rd and we didn't respond. Also, the same shots we had in the 1st half didn't fall in the 2nd. The game was called fairly evenly in the 1st half. Both teams were allowed to play physical(typical of that area). At the start of the 3rd quarter, Bolivar made a quick 8-0 run and then the refs made a quick 6-0 run. They called 6 straight fouls against CW and 0 for Bolivar to start the quarter. Somehow that put our two best ballhandlers(Jeppsen and E Williams) and our best post(Primm) on the bench with 4 fouls. The guys let the calls and physicality get in their head and couldn't stop the bleeding. After the game got out of hand the refs called enough fouls on Bolivar at the end to even the foul totals. Don't get me wrong, we didn't play well enough to win and the calls didn't decide the game, but the way the game was called sure changed when Bolivar got down. It's tough for any visiting teams to win in that area. Bolivar better bring their A game against Harpeth. Harpeth has enough guards to handle the pressure even if they get in foul trouble. Props to the Red Hawks for the best season in school history and making it to the region for the first time. Our five junior starters will be back next year for another run at it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from a long night out which followed a long bus trip to and from Jackson today. In other words IT WAS A LONG DAY!!!!!

Here is my new Region 6AA Bracket up to the moment:

Liberty Tech (beat Cheatham Co. 99-70): The Cubs were overmatched by the BEST TEAM IN THE STATE and the eventual Class AA State Champions.

Sycamore (beat McNairy Central 52-51): The War Eagles took the lead with 11.4 seconds to go in regulation and held on for the victory.

Bolivar Central (beat Creek Wood 62-45): CW led by 8 at the half but Bolivar rallied in their house in the second half.

Harpeth (beat Jackson South Side 72-51): It really could have been somewhere in the range of a 30-35 point victory for the Tribe tonight.

EACH OF THESE TWO GAMES WILL TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY NIGHT AT WAVERLY CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL IN HUMPHREYS COUNTY!!!!!!

Now to the game I was attending this evening. The Liberty Tech Magnet Crusaders are BETTER THAN ADVERTISED folks. For any Sycamore fans out there just imagine the shooting of the 2004 postseason bunch but with athleticism that is simply UN-GODLY!!!! In the first half of tonight's contest Liberty Tech made 9 THREE-POINT FIELD GOALS and led the game 55-31 at the intermission. They were literally up 14-2 within the blink of an eye. Anthony Sampson is the real deal at point guard. He is a great defender who makes everything easy for his teammates at the offensive end of the floor. Did I also mention that he can shoot the lights out of the basketball???? Anyone who'll believe he isn't what I say he is next week when they see his 5'2 frame during pregame warmups WILL BE SADLY MISTAKEN!!!! Everyone else on the floor for Liberty is just big and ATHLETIC!!!! They can all shoot the basketball, run the floor, and finish WITH AUTHORITY near the rim (AKA dunking the basketball). Dexter Williams bunch will likely roll to a second straight Class AA State Championship barring any sort of a miracle by an opposition OR barring some sort of major collapse or catastrophic event (such as the bus wrecking on the way to Waverly next week). That is the only way that they will lose to any team from the midstate (ANY CLASSIFICATION). Hey Slube we could take any five in any order off of that all-star team that I gave you the other night and still not play Liberty Tech to within 20 in all likelyhood. That would especially be the case if they are able to hit 9 THREE'S in the first half like they did tonight. P.A. it was great to get to meet you tonight. Hope to see you again next week when the venue shifts to Waverly. Tell both nebuteyn & montague to GET THEIR TAILS OUT THERE!!!!!!

While I say all of this believe it or not tonight might have been the best performance from the Cheatham Co. Cubs Basketball Team all season long. The guys played with tremendous effort throughout the contest and never once backed down from a seemingly untouchable opponent. I know for a fact that tonight's performance was probably better from the Cubs than even the one that they got in the home win against Harpeth a few weeks back when they led by as many as 15 in the second half before falling behind late and having to then rally for a win over the eventual District Regular Season & Tournament Champions. Joey Beach finished with somewhere in the neighborhood of 26-30 points on the night and constantly took the basketball to the hole strong. Don Dansby shot the ball effectively tonight in his final game as a Cub. Jeff Hoeh, Brian Briggs, & Josh Brumit all scored tonight to give the Cubs some sort of an inside presence against the much taller and very athletic Crusaders. I'd like to thank all of those guys I have just mentioned plus Dustin Calhoun (who was injured for tonight's game) for the hard work and dedication that they put into the basketball program at CCCHS. You will all be missed!!! FINALLY there is no way in the world that I can end this post without mentioning the great play tonight of Dontario Dansby in this one. TALK ABOUT A YOUNG MAN WITH A TREMENDOUS UPSIDE IF HE DEDICATES HIMSELF!!!!!! With he along with the trio of Tyler Guye, Mark Campbell, & Jake Williams all returning next year the Cubs should once again have a team that is strong on the perimeter next season. Coach John Stigall, WHO STILL IN MY VIEW IS THE DISTRICT COACH OF THE YEAR, and his staff still have nothing to hang their heads about because in all honesty they led a team full of battlers to the Region Tourney and to a 3rd Place Finish in District 11AA this season. Great 2006-2007 Basketball Season Cubs!!!!!

In closing I'd like to thank papatiger & his partner in crime (who needs to get a screen name ASAP) for their covering the basketball game tonight. I'm sure that those guys had better things to do with their weekends but their dedication tonight allowed for many who were unable to make the long haul to Jackson this evening an opportunity to follow the contest. See you guys next week in your backyard papatiger!!!!!

THERE WILL BE SOME AMAZED PEOPLE WHO SHOULD REALLY ENJOY GOING & WATCHING A HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM AS GREAT AS THE LIBERTY TECH MAGNET CRUSADERS TRULY ARE NEXT WEEK WHEN THE TOURNEY SHIFTS TO WAVERLY CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!

What are some predictions for Tuesday night at Wavo?

Congratulations to Harpeth and Sycamore for advancing to the region semis. Sycamore has had a great year after losing some key players and adding a new coach, but the War Eagles have no chance against Liberty. Liberty will win this region and add their second state title in as many years. Harpeth has a legitimate chance of beating Bolivar and advancing to the sub-state. Everyone from 11aa will be supporting the Indians and pulling for them to win and advance on Tuesday night.

I believe that Harpeth vs Bolivar game on Tuesday should be a great one. From judging how easily the Indians beat JSS (who played three great games with BCHS this season) I would have to give Jamie Wilson's bunch a slight advantage. I will be there rooting for Harpeth to win on Tuesday night because Jamie is a great coach and his team is full of winners. Those guys deserve an opportunity to have a legit shot to get to the Boro. I'd still like their chances of winning a road substate game at Giles Co. or MLK very MUCH BETTER than I would like their chances of beating Liberty Tech. Now you all watch me post this and Harpeth beats them and wouldn't that be funny?????

Monday Night the two Girls Games will take place at 6:00 & 7:30PM at Waverly Central High School. The two games are Liberty Tech-Lexington & McNairy Central-Cheatham Co.

Tuesday Night the two Boys Games will take place at 6:00 & 7:30PM at Waverly Central High School. The two games are Liberty Tech-Sycamore & Bolivar Central-Harpeth.

AS SOON AS I GET THE CORRECT TIMES FOR EACH OF THOSE GAMES I WILL RELAY THEM TO EVERYONE!!!!!

O, O, O, O. Let me gather myself. O,O, O, O, I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. LIberty allowed cheatham to score 70 by playing 17 players tonight. this game was never, never, never close. Liberty had 52 points on the board with 4 minutes left to go in the 2nd qtr. do you hear me. 4 minutes left to go in the second qtr. and the bad thing about that is they played the second team more than the first team in the first half.

ONe thing district 11AA can be thankful for. Schools can only enter one team in the tournament. Otherwise, Liberty tech's second team would be runnerup in the region.

Cheatham played their starters the whole game even when the bottom 7 guys for Liberty was playing. When the bottom tier of players went in, it was 83-43. Guys, this team is for real. NO ONE will get within 30 of them.

Bolivar will end Harpeth's season Tuesday night too.

We all knew that Liberty would win, why are you "laughing so hard you cant breath"?? I am sorry you havent cheered for a good team Boys or girls in 4 years. Maybe you should move to 12aa and cheer for them since you have seen so many teams play from there district.

We all knew that Liberty would win, why are you "laughing so hard you cant breath"?? I am sorry you havent cheered for a good team Boys or girls in 4 years. Maybe you should move to 12aa and cheer for them since you have seen so many teams play from there district.

I think he was commenting on what K-town was saying about Cheatham scoring 70 on Liberty. I did the same thing.