District 11AA

Big Country

But you have to ask yourself...."How did Cheatham County score that many points and who did they score them against." Liberty was up by 40 a couple of times. This is a district 11aa thread....I'll let Big Country tell you how it went, he does it so well.

I enjoyed getting to meet BC.....dang!!! he's a big ole boy....and papatiger.....all good folks. Enjoyed having ya'll in Jackson.

Great to meet you too! You folks at Liberty are really classy. Look forward to seeing you at Waverly. Oh, I let them know how it happened tonight. STarters for Liberty were out after 3 and a half minutes into the game. They did come back, but Harpeth or Sycamore can't hang with them at all.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O, O, O, O. Let me gather myself. O,O, O, O, I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. LIberty allowed cheatham to score 70 by playing 17 players tonight. this game was never, never, never close. Liberty had 52 points on the board with 4 minutes left to go in the 2nd qtr. do you hear me. 4 minutes left to go in the second qtr. and the bad thing about that is they played the second team more than the first team in the first half.

ONe thing district 11AA can be thankful for. Schools can only enter one team in the tournament. Otherwise, Liberty tech's second team would be runnerup in the region.I've never thought of it that way. :D

Cheatham played their starters the whole game even when the bottom 7 guys for Liberty was playing. When the bottom tier of players went in, it was 83-43. Guys, this team is for real. NO ONE will get within 30 of them.

Bolivar will end Harpeth's season Tuesday night too.

Great to meet you too! You folks at Liberty are really classy. Look forward to seeing you at Waverly. Oh, I let them know how it happened tonight. STarters for Liberty were out after 3 and a half minutes into the game. They did come back, but Harpeth or Sycamore can't hang with them at all.

Our student section was on their best behavior tonight......I don't know if they were grounded or what. This is the first game since last year we didn't do the "Yeah cheer".....WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Edited by P.A.Lin-Z

O, O, O, O. Let me gather myself. O,O, O, O, I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. LIberty allowed cheatham to score 70 by playing 17 players tonight. this game was never, never, never close. Liberty had 52 points on the board with 4 minutes left to go in the 2nd qtr. do you hear me. 4 minutes left to go in the second qtr. and the bad thing about that is they played the second team more than the first team in the first half.

ONe thing district 11AA can be thankful for. Schools can only enter one team in the tournament. Otherwise, Liberty tech's second team would be runnerup in the region.

Cheatham played their starters the whole game even when the bottom 7 guys for Liberty was playing. When the bottom tier of players went in, it was 83-43. Guys, this team is for real. NO ONE will get within 30 of them.

Bolivar will end Harpeth's season Tuesday night too.

I agree with you when you say no one will beat Liberty i have said that all along but i do disagree about the Bolivar vs Harpeth game. Harpeth look really good tonight. They played as good if not better than they have in their best games this year. Once i heard that Creek Wood had an 8 point lead at half time i knew that it's not gonna be a cake walk for Boliver on Tuesday. Harpeth will be ready to play on Tuesday and I'm predicting a Harpeth win not a blowout a close game maybe by 10 at most.

I believe they have been the odds-on favorite to win state since the buzzer sounded last year in the championship game.

We know you've gotten the obvious prediction correct, so congrats. You also have stated pretty much that NONE of the teams in 11AA could compete with 12AA as a whole, seems you're a little off-base with that one as well.

If you have nothing more to offer than ..."but Harpeth or Sycamore can't hang..." Maybe you don't have anything worth typing to offer.

Harpeth played an excellent game. They did what they had to do against a faster, more athletic (on the whole) team team. They were patient with the press, deliberate on offense, everyone was blocking out and controlling the boards, and they played great team defense.

If they can keep up this level, physically and mentally, maybe they can stay within 40 of Leberty.

Congrats Indians, kudos to the student section and thanks to the South Side team and fans, they were disciplined and classy.

Edited by Slube

I believe they have been the odds-on favorite to win state since the buzzer sounded last year in the championship game.

We know you've gotten the obvious prediction correct, so congrats. You also have stated pretty much that NONE of the teams in 11AA could compete with 12AA as a whole, seems you've a little off-base with that one as well.

If you have nothing more to offer than ..."but Harpeth or Sycamore can't hang..." Maybe you don't have anything worth typing to offer.

Harpeth played an excellent game. They did what they had to do against a faster, more athletic (on the whole) team team. They were patient with the press, deliberate on offense, everyone was blocking out and controlling the boards, and they played great team defense.

If they can keep up this level, physically and mentally, maybe they can stay within 40 of Leberty.

Congrats Indians, kudos to the student section and thanks to the South Side team and fans, they were disciplined and classy.

So Slube, what do you think about Harpeth's odds against Bolivar on Tuesday?

So Slube, what do you think about Harpeth's odds against Bolivar on Tuesday?

Can't make a prediction, haven't yet concerning any of the 12AA teams. I haven't seen anyone play except Liberty. Haven't seen the teams they play during the regular season. So I am not equiped to make a prediction. Can't make a prediction just knowing one team, eh papa?

However, I do believe, that Harpeth has proven they can play with anyone. The teams they played in Murray were fundamentaly sound teams and they hung. The teams they played in Florida were a notch above most teams we get to see, athletically, similar to the 12AA teams, and they proved they could play with them and win.

So that being said, I like their chances to finish 2nd in the region, IF THEY BRING THEIR A GAME.

Edited by Slube

Did they press you all as well. If so I am sure you all did fine to break it, Austin can do it on his own. Which is why I think you all can do better than the other teams in this district/region against Liberty.

BY the way Kevin Giltner had a stellar game I am sure he had somewhere around 20. It is to his advantage that he is on the midstate ballerz elite, and playing against top players in state. Everybody else minus Newton, is still very immature in going against fast pace teams. Newton played on a top AAU team as well.

WOW Giltner IMO took over this game, but he only scored 7, Newton had 21, that was shocking to me. But I am still happy.

Something else that big goofy guy from jss, got a tech and he was only in for one minute in the fourth. :D

JSS 51

Harpeth 72

Giltner had 20 for the night to go along with Newtons 21.

Can't make a prediction, haven't yet concerning any of the 12AA teams. I haven't seen anyone play except Liberty. Haven't seen the teams they play during the regular season. So I am not equiped to make a prediction. Can't make a prediction just knowing one team, eh papa?

However, I do believe, that Harpeth has proven they can play with anyone. The teams they played in Murray were fundamentaly sound teams and they hung. The teams they played in Florida were a notch above most teams we get to see, athletically, similar to the 12AA teams, and they proved they could play with them and win.

So that being said, I like their chances to finish 2nd in the region, IF THEY BRING THEIR A GAME.

I strongly agree on your observations in this post.

And P.A. there is a pretty good catfish place in Waverly if u like that but if you don't there is the normal stuff: Taco Bell (which is probably rat free lol), Sonic, Micky D's and a mexican place