Region One

porkchop103

DB beat Morristown East by a score of 77-6 ;)

YOU COULD TELL WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT EAST WAS REALLY STAR STRUCK AGAINST D.B AND SCIENCE HILL. ME AND ALOT OF THE OTHER PARENTS THINK IT HAD TO DO WITH SOME OFF MAT DISTRACTIONS.NOT MAKING ANY EXCUSES D.B AND THE HILL ARE ALWAYS ERY TOUGH TEAMS.IT REALLY SHOWED WE ARE YOUNG AND HOPEFULLY THINGS WORK OUT SOON WHERE WE CAN GET FOCUSED AND BACK ON TRACK.

Edited by canedad145

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, kraus is no longer wrestling though...he has decided to focus on football...i think churchman is going 130 and looser 119...do u think they can make some noise at the state tourney?

I've never seen them wrestle. But as any wrestler, if they train and eat right, stay motivated and take care of business thru out the season and in regions it will all be left up to them.

Science Hill vs. Greeneville are the best

Ill think that Science Hill will win the region this year

Dont overlook Jeff County, Dobyns-Bennett, David Crockett

Morristown West might suprise a few people this year though so watch out!!!

I agree that Science Hill and Greeneville will be a good match but i think Greeneville will come out on top and Jefferson County looked tough today @ Indian Classic Jefferson Co. come home 4th as a team. :thumb:

yes, kraus is no longer wrestling though...he has decided to focus on football...i think churchman is going 130 and looser 119...do u think they can make some noise at the state tourney?

Yes hopefully both will go to state and Looser should do well @ 119(injured hand Tuesday not sure what happened too swollen at X-ray to see) and Churchman is doing pretty well @ 135 now but cant forget about Whiteside @140 for now he is wrestlin well and is improving with every match Pascual is also around 119

Greeneville did real well at Knox Catholic Invitational getting 2nd place(beating notre dame) with only 9 wrestlers showing(Coach Brimer let the other 5 varsity freshmen wrestlers go to a tournament in kingsport)

Baylor won it

103: Matt King-3rd

130: Caleb Myers-1st-Oustanding Wrestler

135: Robert Locklear(Beat Will Haynes)

140: Thomas Willett(got hurt but wrestled real well)

145: Tyler Aiken(only 1 match away from placing)

160: Joel Brimer-2nd

171: Charlie Arrington-1st-pinned Fritz Doster in the finals

215: Spencer Jennings-6th-first big tournament(wrestled Morgan from Union County first round)

285: Eric Tilson-5th

the 3 wreslers that did not place were only 1 match away from doing so

Edited by porkchop103

I agree that Science Hill and Greeneville will be a good match but i think Greeneville will come out on top and Jefferson County looked tough today @ Indian Classic Jefferson Co. come home 4th as a team. :thumb:

Jefferson County wrestled better than 4th. They will give G and S Hill all they want. What happen to S Hill this weekend? They took 6th.

Greeneville did real well at Knox Catholic Invitational getting 2nd place(beating notre dame) with only 9 wrestlers showing(Coach Brimer let the other 5 varsity freshmen wrestlers go to a tournament in kingsport)

Baylor won it

103: Matt King-3rd

130: Caleb Myers-1st-Oustanding Wrestler

135: Robert Locklear(Beat Will Haynes)

140: Thomas Willett(got hurt but wrestled real well)

145: Tyler Aiken(only 1 match away from placing)

160: Joel Brimer-2nd

171: Charlie Arrington-1st-pinned Fritz Doster in the finals

215: Spencer Jennings-6th-first big tournament(wrestled Morgan from Union County first round)

285: Eric Tilson-5th

the 3 wreslers that did not place were only 1 match away from doing so

Did the 5 wrestle in the Indian Classic in Kingsport? Did they wrestle on Friday night (JV) in Kpt.? The paper did not list G placing on Saturday, only W Green and C Doak.

What happened to Science Hill? They ran into two buzzsaws called Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah. The Ooltewah Invitational was a fight to see who would place 3rd through 6th. Lakeview-Fort Olgethorpe and Red Bank were tough as well. There were no easy matches at this tournament. I'm proud of the effort that our guys made. However, like I've said all year, we're just trying to put 14 quality wrestlers on the mat.

Porkchop, where was Justin Myers?

Edited by TDArtist

What happened to Science Hill? They ran into two buzzsaws called Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah. The Ooltewah Invitational was a fight to see who would place 3rd through 6th. Lakeview-Fort Olgethorpe and Red Bank were tough as well. There were no easy matches at this tournament. I'm proud of the effort that our guys made. However, like I've said all year, we're just trying to put 14 quality wrestlers on the mat.

Porkchop, where was Justin Myers?

Thomas Willett wrestled in his place at Catholic, and done really well