Oneida & Sunbright

TheRinger

Remember, weather could be a factor too...it will be well into the low 40's around game time with wind possible. Sooo...let's see who prepares best for something they've not had to deal with this season, cold weather.

Yeah,I've heard that it's supposed to be mighty chilly this Friday evening- but tell me it's not good football weather!! Ain't it funny, Tennessee football that is; we start the season sweating buckets and end up bundled up like eskimos(pardon the Christmas carol cliche'!) I remember back when I played high school ball. A few games were bitter cold, but when you were out there playing you actually got hot and the cold didn't bother you-there everyone in the bleachers was under layers of clothes and you were wringing with sweat! I do love high school football but these days the chill of an October football game goes straight to my bones!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I TRAVELED FROM KNOXVILLE TO WATCH THE TIGERS PLAY THE LAST TWO GAMES. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THAT IN BOTH GAMES THE COACH DID NOT TAKE TALENT ADVANTAGE OF SUNBRIGHT'S TOP WR (THOMPSON) AND QB (YOUNG) HOOK UP. IN THE TIGER/MIDWAY GAME THOMPSON WAS GIVEN THE BALL 4 TIMES AND ONCE ON A KICK OFF RETURN. IF YOU LOOK AT THOMPSON'S STATS THEY HAVE USED HIS TALENT VERY LITTLE BUT HIS AVERGE PER CARRY IS STILL BETTER THAN OTHERS. HE IS A PLAYER THAT CAN WIN YOU BALL GAMES. MY QUESTIONS TO THE SUNBRIGHT COACHES ARE; WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING THOMPSON OR DID YOU WANT TO WIN YOUR LAST TWO GAMES???? AS AN OBSERVER, I THOUGHT YOU DID NOT WANT TO WIN BECAUSE I NOTICED NO OFFENSIVE OR DEFFENSIVE CHANGES. WHY AND WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

THE SUNBRIGHT PLAYERS HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT THE COACHES ARE THE REASON FOR THE TIGER'S FALL.....

I JUST DID NOT SEE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL OF COACHING.

I call it a toss up.

My key for Oneida is to score some points. They moved the ball relatively well against Harriman, but had no big plays and Harriman's defense is so fast that they'll eventually blow up a play or two and kill a long drive.

For Sunbright it's simply not falling apart at the first sign of trouble. Against Harriman they blew up in the third quarter and what was a 14-0 game turned 35-0 in a span of five minutes. Against Midway they were up 7-6 then Midway scored four touchdowns in a hurry to make it 32-7 at halftime. In both cases it was big plays that killed the Tigers.

So now that I think about it you've got a defense that gives up a lot of big plays against an offense that can't make a big play. Which one will give?

Good point Goose. This was a bug that bit the Tigers last year quite often and I thought after the comeback at WHH they had shaken it. Guess I was wrong. The stats from both of the last two games proves that Sunbright isn't really that bad of a team, but they seem to have a problem keeping their composure. I really felt they had swung the momentum their way right before the half against Harriman but they had that look in their eyes when they came back on the field and I guess I was a bit optomistic because I made the statement to a friend that they were still in it. Blinked twice and it was 35 to zip. Harriman is explosive no doubt and to beat them any team better be ready to play 4 quarters. Midway was quite another story. Tigers marched right down the filed and scored right after them to take the lead, then on the kickoff Midway ran back and I saw that look in the Tigers eyes again. I think the biggest reason for so many big plays against the Tigers is poor tackling, even in a crowd they were trying to arm tackle and any quality back is going to take it home unless you wrap him up.

Edited by Willy41360

I TRAVELED FROM KNOXVILLE TO WATCH THE TIGERS PLAY THE LAST TWO GAMES. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THAT IN BOTH GAMES THE COACH DID NOT TAKE TALENT ADVANTAGE OF SUNBRIGHT'S TOP WR (THOMPSON) AND QB (YOUNG) HOOK UP. IN THE TIGER/MIDWAY GAME THOMPSON WAS GIVEN THE BALL 4 TIMES AND ONCE ON A KICK OFF RETURN. IF YOU LOOK AT THOMPSON'S STATS THEY HAVE USED HIS TALENT VERY LITTLE BUT HIS AVERGE PER CARRY IS STILL BETTER THAN OTHERS. HE IS A PLAYER THAT CAN WIN YOU BALL GAMES. MY QUESTIONS TO THE SUNBRIGHT COACHES ARE; WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING THOMPSON OR DID YOU WANT TO WIN YOUR LAST TWO GAMES???? AS AN OBSERVER, I THOUGHT YOU DID NOT WANT TO WIN BECAUSE I NOTICED NO OFFENSIVE OR DEFFENSIVE CHANGES. WHY AND WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

THE SUNBRIGHT PLAYERS HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT THE COACHES ARE THE REASON FOR THE TIGER'S FALL.....

I JUST DID NOT SEE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL OF COACHING.

I am so glad to hear someone say what I've been thinking the past two weeks. I saw Thompson sitting on the bench last Friday night for quite a while. I believe the coaching staff is not using him for a specific reason....maybe we'll never know what that reason is either. Thompson and Young can make some big plays if the coaches will just let them.

I agree, the level of coaching has not been up to par lately. Maybe they should take a look at the one making the calls. Who in the world would have called 5 on-side kicks in the Harriman game anyway?

I am so glad to hear someone say what I've been thinking the past two weeks. I saw Thompson sitting on the bench last Friday night for quite a while. I believe the coaching staff is not using him for a specific reason....maybe we'll never know what that reason is either. Thompson and Young can make some big plays if the coaches will just let them.

I agree, the level of coaching has not been up to par lately. Maybe they should take a look at the one making the calls. Who in the world would have called 5 on-side kicks in the Harriman game anyway?

As for the onside kicks I am guilty of second guessing that myself until I was told, and saw, why that was done. The one kick that was sent deep was ran back by Harriman. I think I would have kicked it away from him too. As a matter of fact, both of the Harriman deep returners can do the same thing. A lot of people feel you kick it deep and leave it up to your special teams to stop it, others feel kick it away from the threats. Either one could have and did bite the Tigers that night.

I am not going to speculate on the reasoning behind the coach's decision to play or not play certain players in a public forum like this, as I believe it undermines the entire team and we all know we don't need any more of that. I know I have heard rumors as probably lots of others have, but there can be many under lieing factors when a coach makes a decision like that and unless he is willing to say just what those reasons are we can not know for sure.

We as fans can speculate and doubt all we want but we should stick together for the kids on that team, after all that is who really counts and there are more than just one or two that make up the team. The team really needs the support of the fans and the community Friday night. I hope we can have a lot of fans in Oneida this week and I hope we can show these kids how much we appreciate their efforts and leave all the controversy out of it until after the season is over, which will pretty well be Friday night if they don't win.

As for the onside kicks I am guilty of second guessing that myself until I was told, and saw, why that was done. The one kick that was sent deep was ran back by Harriman. I think I would have kicked it away from him too. As a matter of fact, both of the Harriman deep returners can do the same thing. A lot of people feel you kick it deep and leave it up to your special teams to stop it, others feel kick it away from the threats. Either one could have and did bite the Tigers that night.

I am not going to speculate on the reasoning behind the coach's decision to play or not play certain players in a public forum like this, as I believe it undermines the entire team and we all know we don't need any more of that. I know I have heard rumors as probably lots of others have, but there can be many under lieing factors when a coach makes a decision like that and unless he is willing to say just what those reasons are we can not know for sure.

We as fans can speculate and doubt all we want but we should stick together for the kids on that team, after all that is who really counts and there are more than just one or two that make up the team. The team really needs the support of the fans and the community Friday night. I hope we can have a lot of fans in Oneida this week and I hope we can show these kids how much we appreciate their efforts and leave all the controversy out of it until after the season is over, which will pretty well be Friday night if they don't win.

YOU SOUND LIKE THOMPSON IS NOT A PART OF THE TEAM. THE CONTROVERSY IS THE PROBLEM AND IF THE CONTROVERSY IS BETWEEN THE COACH AND THOMPSON THEN FIX IT BECAUSE SUNBRIGHT IS NOT WINNING WITHOUT THOMPSON. HOW MANY GAMES DO YOU NEED TO PLAY TO SEE THAT. YOU NEED LEADERSHIP COACHING TO FIX PROBLEMS AND SUNBRIGHT IS LACKING. YOU SAID STICK TOGETHER, I AGREE, BUT I SAY PLAY HAS A TEAM AND THOMPSON IS THE MOST TALENT THAT SUNBRIGHT HAS AND HE IS ON THE TEAM AND HAS MORE HEART FOR THE GAME THEN ANYONE.

i just wanted to say that i think oneida can win the game against sunbright they are not as good as they think unless oneida plays like they have the last couple of weeks. but i was reading the oneida harriman post and saw where one of yuns had brought up the issue where darby was not playing and he decided the fast food routewas better but guess what he was already working their before he quit but anyways darby is one heck of a blocker he just wasnt given a chance and he didnt have the money like all the other kids that got to start and it is the truth, kids like Darby West, Eric Blevins, Cody Lowe, Chas Sexton, and logan crowley should all be given that chance and when they are out their next year and if given that chance you just wait and see. But the truth is it is all about who has money and what yur last name is to start for oneida [/u]special school district

First off Darby isnt playing because he doesnt want to play. Second you dont have to have money to play for Oneida. The are players on the field for ohs on friday nights that are far from having money they just go out and work hard an earned their spot on the field. Besides that this is a forum about football players not about people who have potential and dont play. It doesnt matter about who isnt playing it matters about who is. Why even bring somthig up from another forum that has been put to rest. What we need to worry about is the game friday night and what ohs is going to do to go out and win this game.

GO ONEIDA !

OUT !