2A, Region 5

tornadogold

Too bad you were'nt there or did'nt read the box score! Inexperienced Soph. quarterback tried to force some things, 5 picks 35 points due to picks, that makes the game 27-19 and Fairview does'nt give up at this score. We shall see!

27-19??? Obviously you weren't at the game. Goodpasture dominated that game so much that there was going to be 60+ points regardless if the guy threw 0 INT's and one of the INT's was at the end of the half and GP didn't score off of that. In that case take all your points back that were scored on GP's second team. We can go on and on how the score could have been different. All "im number 1" was saying is that (in his opinion) that anyone who gives up 62 points period isn't good. But I think Fairview is a decent team that will atleast get to the second round of the play-offs IMO.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember that goes both ways...don't think that your #4 will knock off the number #1 in region 6 either. The quarterfinals will be Goodpasture and Lewis or Camden...mark it down.

I never said that our #4 would beat your #1... in fact, I don't believe that will happen at all... top to bottom, region 5-2a was better last year than this year

What would you say about 6-2a overall... better this year or last year?

Too bad you were'nt there or did'nt read the box score! Inexperienced Soph. quarterback tried to force some things, 5 picks 35 points due to picks, that makes the game 27-19 and Fairview does'nt give up at this score. We shall see!

how can you say that that game would have been that close.even if GP didnt pick all those balls off GP would have still scored with their offense.it doesnt even matter the game is over GP won and they probally wont see fairview till next season. when everyone talks about goodpasture all you ever hear about it their running game.GP's secondary needs some credit too. the only thing ive seen GP's secondary do bad was against golden tate and when you play some one like that their bound to make a play sometime.but thats the only time.yes fairview had a young quarterback trying to make something happen but GP's secondary deserves alot of credit for these 60+ games they have been having.not just any secondary can have 5 picks in one game.

I never said that our #4 would beat your #1... in fact, I don't believe that will happen at all... top to bottom, region 5-2a was better last year than this year

What would you say about 6-2a overall... better this year or last year?

Region 6 from 3 down is much weaker...but the top 2 team (Camden and Lewis co) are both greatly improved from a year ago and they were pretty good even then. I don't anticipate our #4 to be able to compete even with your #4 much less your #1 this season.

First of all, let me say that Goodpasture is better than Fairview. If they see each other again, I expect the score to be closer than 62-19, but we will just have to wait and see.

Secondly, Goodpasture has put 60+ on two teams other than Fairview (East Robertson and DCA). These two teams are teams that Fairview has beaten pretty easily as well, and yet Fairview is getting no credit for these victories.

Lets look at the first-half scores of these games:

Fairview 36 DCA 7

Goodpasture 41 DCA 0

Fairview 35 East Robertson 8

Goodpasture 44 East Robertson 6

The reason that GP was able to hang 60+ on these teams and Fairview was not is that GP is MUCH deeper than Fairview. Also, Fairview is not going to try a fake punt when they are up by 28 points.

All I am saying is that Fairview is a good football team that will either be 2nd or 3rd in region 5-2A depending on what happens Thursday against CPA. In my opinion (which is admittedly biased) Fairview wins that game. Even if they don't, you can mark it down that it will be closer than most people think.

27-19??? Obviously you weren't at the game. Goodpasture dominated that game so much that there was going to be 60+ points regardless if the guy threw 0 INT's and one of the INT's was at the end of the half and GP didn't score off of that. In that case take all your points back that were scored on GP's second team. We can go on and on how the score could have been different. All "im number 1" was saying is that (in his opinion) that anyone who gives up 62 points period isn't good. But I think Fairview is a decent team that will atleast get to the second round of the play-offs IMO.

I Was there, and Yes GP demolished Fairview. However, I can't let you say that Fairview scored all their points on your 2nd teamers. No, we will keep those points because it was awesome to see your QB run that fake punt (while up 28 in the 3rd) over toward our sideline, get blown up, fumble, and have our frosh SS take it to the rake. Oh and all of this was before GP pulled their starters.

Nothing quite like looking back on old times, but it's been said. Time to Move on!

I don't even know how to respond to that last sentence. So i guess that your unlucky that you got in a region where 6 teams are better than you. And Goodpasture is lucky, not good. Your statement is hypocritical, and very much so.

5-2A has three teams in the top 15: GP at 1...Fairview at 5...and CPA at 14.

6-2A has three teams in the top 20: LC at 4...Camden at 8..i think and WCHS at 20.

You average that out, and obviously, it appears that 5-2A has the three better teams.

Your rankings are strength + success which mean nothing other than the teams you play are weak or down. Here is the AP Poll for this week which has 3 5-2A and 2 6-2A in top 10. I give Region 5 an edge over region 6 overall.

CLASS 2A

Record Pts Prev

1. Goodpasture (13) 7-0 125 1

2. Alcoa (3) 5-2 117 2

3. Lewis County (1) 8-0 99 3

4. CPA 6-1 82 4

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman 7-0 60 7

6. Camden 6-1 58 6

7. Milan 2-5 50 5

8. Booker T. Washington 7-0 45 8

9. Smith County 6-1 31 9

10. Fairview 6-1 25 10

Your rankings are strength + success which mean nothing other than the teams you play are weak or down. Here is the AP Poll for this week which has 3 5-2A and 2 6-2A in top 10. I give Region 5 an edge over region 6 overall.

CLASS 2A

Record Pts Prev

1. Goodpasture (13) 7-0 125 1

2. Alcoa (3) 5-2 117 2

3. Lewis County (1) 8-0 99 3

4. CPA 6-1 82 4

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman 7-0 60 7

6. Camden 6-1 58 6

7. Milan 2-5 50 5

8. Booker T. Washington 7-0 45 8

9. Smith County 6-1 31 9

10. Fairview 6-1 25 10

And the AP polls mean nothing either. Most sportswriters look at the record and vote accordingly...they don't even know who plays whom. This argument holds as much weight as strength vs success.

As for GP running up the score - the most certainly do!

At Fairview they tried a fake punt in the second half on a 4th and very long from their own 19 yard line with their starting quarterback running the ball. That doesn't sound like a team that is not trying to run up the score.

GP is good. In fact, I believe they are going to play in the Blue Cross Bowl. But they are guilty of running up the score.

First of all, let me say that Goodpasture is better than Fairview. If they see each other again, I expect the score to be closer than 62-19, but we will just have to wait and see.

Secondly, Goodpasture has put 60+ on two teams other than Fairview (East Robertson and DCA). These two teams are teams that Fairview has beaten pretty easily as well, and yet Fairview is getting no credit for these victories.

Lets look at the first-half scores of these games:

Fairview 36 DCA 7

Goodpasture 41 DCA 0

Fairview 35 East Robertson 8

Goodpasture 44 East Robertson 6

The reason that GP was able to hang 60+ on these teams and Fairview was not is that GP is MUCH deeper than Fairview. Also, Fairview is not going to try a fake punt when they are up by 28 points.

All I am saying is that Fairview is a good football team that will either be 2nd or 3rd in region 5-2A depending on what happens Thursday against CPA. In my opinion (which is admittedly biased) Fairview wins that game. Even if they don't, you can mark it down that it will be closer than most people think.

Credit??? Goodpasture doesn't get credit for beating those teams either. Becuase they are suppose to. Until Fairview beats a decent team with a winning record they will get credit. No offense to any team thats just how it is. If Fairview comes out victorious against CPA they'll get credit.

About the fake punt: When your up 30 the game basically turns into a scrimmage and you do things that you don't normally do in a tight game. GP faked one against DCA too they're not complaining. Any way GP fumbled on the fake punt and Fairview ran it back for a touchdown..???? And your complaining??? If it wasn't for that the score could have been worser. If you think Goodpasture runs up the score so much than look at the FRA (only 47 pts) and the BGA (38-7) games. And those games could have easily been 80 point games. Any ways good luck to both CPA and Fairview this week.

Edited by thekid2000

Credit??? Goodpasture doesn't get credit for beating those teams either. Becuase they are suppose to. Until Fairview beats a decent team with a winning record they will get credit. No offense to any team thats just how it is. If Fairview comes out victorious against CPA they'll get credit.

About the fake punt: When your up 30 the game basically turns into a scrimmage and you do things that you don't normally do in a tight game. GP faked one against DCA too they're not complaining. Any way GP fumbled on the fake punt and Fairview ran it back for a touchdown..???? And your complaining??? If it wasn't for that the score could have been worser. If you think Goodpasture runs up the score so much than look at the FRA (only 47 pts) and the BGA (38-7) games. And those games could have easily been 80 point games. Any ways good luck to both CPA and Fairview this week.

For the past few years Goodpasture hasn't been known for great punting. Has someone stepped up this year? Or do you just don't have to punt? LOL

Yea the region is weaker this year!!For everyone who says its not must be admitting that Goodpasture is that much better...(and we all know no1 wants to say that)....and for Fairview followers please quit gettingt on here talking about how Goopasture was trying to run up the score!You all were the main ones on here before that game talking about how yall were going to pull the upset and the game would be close...Why would they have mercy??Football is a sport that is played by two teams...If a team is winning should they take everyone out and let the JV play the last two quarters and let the other team catch up??Maybe if Fairview had pulled all their starters Goodpasture would have.!Should good players be punished for being good??example...Not Being Able To Play A Second Half?!?!?!?!?