Camden vs. Waverly

BOB_COOTER

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask why you think Lewis County has the best defense? Is it because you scored a whopping 9 points against us..Camden's defense is for real, they have alot of weapons of defense, no one player makes Camden's defense.. Another note on the game, it was nice to see that the boys from Camden and Waverly met up after the game, some of these boys have known each other for awhile, it was nice to see these young men act respectable and leave the smack talking in the past....Good luck to Waverly for the rest of the season, and for future reference you might not want to call your opponents over-rated, just might come back to bite you in the butt......

I'll deal with the last comment first. Who said that Camden was overrated? I didn't hear anyone say that.

Next, the defense had nothing to do with how many points was scored. Just my observation. Lewis seems to control the line a little more with their size. Camden has more speed and skill. Waverly seemed to be able to do more against Camden than Lewis. I know, we only scored 9 points, but there were some near misses that could have easily meant scores. Case in point, a dropped pass at the 5 would have cut the lead to 16 at the half.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we could beat Camden. I do think we could beat Lewis County.

Camden has an outstanding team and I wish them the best. I don't think Lewis can beat you all. Good luck the rest of the year.

Oh, and to add to the over rated thing. I was in the press box and saw the parent holding the sign up at the end of the game that said over rated. Those kind of things is what causes the problems between players. It was very tacky and I think if you know the lady you should tell her. Very immature.

I'll deal with the last comment first. Who said that Camden was overrated? I didn't hear anyone say that.

Next, the defense had nothing to do with how many points was scored. Just my observation. Lewis seems to control the line a little more with their size. Camden has more speed and skill. Waverly seemed to be able to do more against Camden than Lewis. I know, we only scored 9 points, but there were some near misses that could have easily meant scores. Case in point, a dropped pass at the 5 would have cut the lead to 16 at the half.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we could beat Camden. I do think we could beat Lewis County.

Camden has an outstanding team and I wish them the best. I don't think Lewis can beat you all. Good luck the rest of the year.

Oh, and to add to the over rated thing. I was in the press box and saw the parent holding the sign up at the end of the game that said over rated. Those kind of things is what causes the problems between players. It was very tacky and I think if you know the lady you should tell her. Very immature.

...I think you just did!

:D

You might just want to consider that maybe you don't know every thing that was said...

Congrats to both teams! Wavo hit hard & kept hustling even when there was no doubt! That is no small chore.

Congrats to the Lions! They did a good job of coming out ready to play & focusing on offense. Congrats to Coach Ward & his most excellent staff for the great job they did having this team ready to play...again. It would have been easy for the Lions not be able to go ahead and finish strong after such a quick start! The playing time the backups got will be a lot of help in the future.

GO LIONS! Beat Riverside!

Can I ask why you think Lewis County has the best defense? Is it because you scored a whopping 9 points against us..Camden's defense is for real, they have alot of weapons of defense, no one player makes Camden's defense.. Another note on the game, it was nice to see that the boys from Camden and Waverly met up after the game, some of these boys have known each other for awhile, it was nice to see these young men act respectable and leave the smack talking in the past....Good luck to Waverly for the rest of the season, and for future reference you might not want to call your opponents over-rated, just might come back to bite you in the butt......

ok...i never once heard any one from waverly, on coacht, at the school or anywhere in humphreys county say any thing about camden bein over-rated...but i do recall hearin the lion fans chantin over-rated to us in the 2nd quarter...that shows bad sportsman ship espically since we aren't over-rated...we have earned our 3rd spot in the region and u should know that, we are the 3rd best team...we did have a chance to be 2nd against lewis county but i dont believe we coulda beat camden no ways...and lewis co's defense is better than camden's...its jus a fact, all i heard allnight was tackle made by moose, thats camden's defense moose...camden has a way better offense than lewis county does and thats what will win camden the game in week 10, i have the greatest respect for camden and in no way would put the lions down...even if we woulda bn leading or woulda won i wouldnt of been chantin over-rated even at the end of the game...thats jus poor sportsman ship and unnecisary in agame where everyone was gittin along so good on...but maybe next year will be better...waverly will have a lot strong team only loose a couple players that wlil graduate but do have plenty of freshmen and sophomores that know how to play football that will have a greater chance at beatin camden...so enjoy the next couple of wins camden and hopefully next year's game will be close...good luck in the playoffs again and jus like waverly, ya have deserved everythang ya have gottin and do deserve a W against lewis co...

Edited by rednecktiger

...I think you just did!

You might just want to consider that maybe you don't know every thing that was said...

Congrats to both teams! Wavo hit hard & kept hustling even when there was no doubt! That is no small chore.

Congrats to the Lions! They did a good job of coming out ready to play & focusing on offense. Congrats to Coach Ward & his most excellent staff for the great job they did having this team ready to play...again. It would have been easy for the Lions not be able to go ahead and finish strong after such a quick start! The playing time the backups got will be a lot of help in the future.

GO LIONS! Beat Riverside!

I hope she did read this. It was very immature of an adult to do such. I would like to know who said anything and even if some kid said anything it wouldn't give an adult any right to do what she did. ;)

ok...i never once heard any one from waverly, on coacht, at the school or anywhere in humphreys county say any thing about camden bein over-rated...but i do recall hearin the lion fans chantin over-rated to us in the 2nd quarter...that shows bad sportsman ship espically since we aren't over-rated...we have earned our 3rd spot in the region and u should know that, we are the 3rd best team...we did have a chance to be 2nd against lewis county but i dont believe we coulda beat camden no ways...and lewis co's defense is better than camden's...its jus a fact, all i heard allnight was tackle made by moose, thats camden's defense moose...camden has a way better offense than lewis county does and thats what will win camden the game in week 10, i have the greatest respect for camden and in no way would put the lions down...even if we woulda bn leading or woulda won i wouldnt of been chantin over-rated even at the end of the game...thats jus poor sportsman ship and unnecisary in agame where everyone was gittin along so good on...but maybe next year will be better...waverly will have a lot strong team only loose a couple players that wlil graduate but do have plenty of freshmen and sophomores that know how to play football that will have a greater chance at beatin camden...so enjoy the next couple of wins camden and hopefully next year's game will be close...good luck in the playoffs again and jus like waverly, ya have deserved everythang ya have gottin and do deserve a W against lewis co...

ok you say that lewis county has the better defense...........well looking at the strength of schedule it would appear that way.....you have to remember that camden opened with 2 extreamly tough teams and held them both to one score.....change that schedule with Lewis county i am sure that you would be singing a different tune......granted waverly has a tougher schedule than both.....but would ot make a difference there one bit as waverly lost to both teams.......I cannot watch any of the games but I do look at stats.....ALOT......Moose is not the only defensive threat that camden has.......facts be told that everyone of those boys are so well coached and smart enough that they all could kick an offenses ######.......Stats tell me that Camden is a better team.....all around.........Lewis County will go in undefeated and comeout the otherside in Second Place.......period......thank you....now sit down shut up and watch some football.....

oh and here are the SOS standings just in case you doubted me....

36 Waverly Central 45.46

41 Camden Central 43.90

53 Lewis Co. 36.24

Edited by CaliforniaCamdenFan

For the record, we were not chanting over-rated to you...we were talking about what was said about us...I wish Waverly all the luck in their upcoming games...

Everyone has an opinion and you are due yours...Good luck to Waverly the rest of the season, Hope you stay safe and injury free....

That makes no senese, how can you say that about your own team. It is either pure stupidity, or bad sportsmanship.

It was meant sarcastically, because word got out (true or not) that some of the Tigers had made the comment that a few of our players were "overrated"....

15, you guys need to get that offense rollin' over there, be nice to see you again in the 'offs.

It was meant sarcastically, because word got out (true or not) that some of the Tigers had made the comment that a few of our players were "overrated"....

15, you guys need to get that offense rollin' over there, be nice to see you again in the 'offs.

Ooh, Sarcasm, a wonderful thing.

We i know it man, if we get the O going we can make serious noise, but as it looks now, CPA is going to be a tough, if not more than tough.