William Blount vs. McMinn

jethro

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly enough, I have to say I don't enjoy Mcminn's stadium. Their bleachers are too short. I couldn't see as well as most other places.

Worst in the region definately goes to Soddy Daisy. From the top of their bleachers I could barely see over the football player's heads, and the bleachers themselves are old. They have so much room there and a hill, you'd think they'd make it a little nicer.

Hmm, don't really care who wins this game. I think I'll pull for McMinn based on the underdog factor.

Mcdermott #2 (RB) did not play much in the second half of the OR game and did not play much at all in the SD game because of a hip pointer that he got in the OR game. He is @ about 95% and Holland #49 starting inside LB will see significant playing time after returning from a partial torn hammey in week #3 during the Cleveland game.

McMinn wins this one is a squeaker:

McMinn 28

WB 24

Any update on Trace?

Trace will be ready to go as will Nigel....

Here is how Tribefan thinks it might all shake out over the next few weeks.

McMinn will continue to run the table and beat WB , Heritage and Bradley and finish 3rd in the region.

WB will lose to McMinn this week then beat Bradley and Heritage and finish 4th in the region.

Ooltewah will beat Farragut this week then beat OR and SD and win the region.

Farragut will lose to Ooltewah this week then beat Soddy and OR.

I believe this weeks games are for how the 4 teams will enter the playoffs, so this could look a little different after this week but the teams will remain the same.

Playoffs:

WB -vs- DB

McMinn -vs- Sevier Co.

Farragut -vs- Beardon

Ooltewah -vs- Science Hill

Govs are physical, solid team and Walker is a beast. This is power versus speed in my opinion. WB isn't slow, but McMinn is the quickest team we've played. Should be a great game. Where is this one?

It's at WB.

You've seen McMinn and WB ... care for a prediction?

(IMHO, McMinn is one to look out for.... Not the McMinn of yesteryear)

McMinn was very impressive, especially team speed on D, and Trace can really move the chains. Plus QB Johnson can kill you when he takes off. They really have alot of weapons on O to go with the speed on D.

I feel like we gave away the WB game. 13-0 with 5:40 to go. You could say we had a total meltdown, and you could say that WB caused those two turn overs that led to the wheels falling off. Either way, we should have won that game and it got away from us, give Blount credit.

Having said all that, if it were at McMinn, I'd go with the Kees, but I think that at home WB can control the ball, eat the clock, grind it out, move the chains and keep Javon, Trace and co. off the field. So, I'll say: in a close one:

WB- 27

McMinn-20

Having said all that, if it were at McMinn, I'd go with the Kees, but I think that at home WB can control the ball, eat the clock, grind it out, move the chains and keep Javon, Trace and co. off the field. So, I'll say: in a close one:

WB- 27

McMinn-20

ORidgeKat it is Devon #8 not Javon....Do you not think that McMinn can keep it on the ground and grind it out and eat the clock with Trace and Devon.

Tribe Fan

Yeah, sorry about that. Johnson is a terrific player. I do think the Tribe will have some success moving the football as well. But, where you guys have the quick strike big play capability, WB seems to me to be more of a plodding, move the chains, keep the ball type football team. So, in a game like that it will come down to limited possessions and making the most of each possession. It's such a strange matchup. It's really two different styles of offense. Y'all have an excellent chance to win. I wish I could see this one. I don't pretend to know everything about football, but that's my take.