William Blount vs. McMinn

jethro

Sorry 03 ... I'm only human ... I'm just a man. And I was only responding to the "huge log" in the WB eye that MLReb had already pointed out.

If you'd like a personal appology, please feel free to contact me and I'll be glad to give one.

Hey 03....Govman is OK. Sorry I missed your sermon Sunday Govman. Please let us know when you are on stage again. I promise I will be there....... B)

"Huge log"....that's funny.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang ... I'm "feeling the love" here ... Red Rebel ... MLReb ... if only 03 will show me a little grace, I'll feel better. ML, I'll be sure and give you an invite when I get another shot.

Stars ... honestly, I don't feel qualified to comment on the clock deal. I trust Coach Meadows knowledge on this ... I really do. And he has some other good football minds down on the sideline and up in the booth.

Against OR ... yes, maybe you can run out the clock ... but I don't think that is definitive. By scoring and kicking the xp ... you put yourself in a position that the absolute worst thing that can happen is they tie you. But by taking four kneel downs, who knows? Maybe OR gets it with 08 seconds on the clock and maybe Coach Stevens pulls out another "gimick" play and they go 90 something yards and beat you on the last play of the game. Trust me ... in this soap opera of a season, nothing would surprise me.

And against McMinn... it never entered my mind. The play they fumbled on was just a straight handoff to Walker. He's a senior and normally sure-handed. On the fumble play, if I'm not mistaken, he had already gained a first down. This for sure would have iced it, but it was one of those "extra effort plays" and he lost the handle. Just a real freak thing.

He's the coach ... I'm the p.a. guy. He's forgot more about football than I probably know.

To think about what Coach Meadows lost off of last year's team ... and to realize "how close" we are to being on top of our region and to realize that we still have a good shot at the play-offs ... that we beat O.R. for the first time ever ... that we have a huge number of sophomores and juniors playing key roles ... that we have a strong group of freshmen ... I really wish folks would ease up a little on the criticism. I'm not ready to throw in the towel. We need two wins and at least one O.R. loss and we're in. Sure it's a tough road up 81 to DB ... but we went up there a few years ago and shocked the world. Lightning just might strike twice. If we do happen to make it, I don't believe there will be many "more dangerous" #4 seeds in that opening round of the play-offs. Go Govs !

Assuming no letdowns or surprises, WB (or OR) will be the best #4 seed in the state. The #5 who doesn't get in is better than most #4 seeds out there and some #3 seeds. The region has shaped up to have 5 pretty evenly matched teams (ooltewah is obviously champs but they beat mcminn, wb, farragut by a combined 16 points; clearly they are not head and shoulders above the next four). WB will represent the region well against DB if that is indeed how in shakes out.

Nope........that was hustle and a linebacker playing his heart out. Maybe you could use that clip at a clinic for the WB kids. You are a coach at WB and you know that was not on purpose but you chose to call a kid out in a public forum.....now that is class... :D

Why don't you write an article and send it to Our Opinion" and the Maryville fish wrap. I'm still LMBO at the last whine letter from the WB fan. What an embarrassment for WB.... :D

Sir, I do not whine and I do not write articles. Quite honestly, I love GQ and his program. I hope they win another state championship. I really have no problem with Maryville. I do have a problem with your attitude on here, however. You seem to always BASH WB. Why do you want to pick on us when we are no threat to your program. I can tell from your attitude that you would not be able to handle the adversity that WB has had this year. Why are you even on WB threads anyway? If you will notice, go back and look at my posts on all Maryville threads. Very complimentary. If I am going to go on another schools thread, especially a local team, I am going to compliment them. You, however, just want to bash WB. Please explain why you have such bitterness towards WB. As far as the hit on Tyler, I really have no problem with it either. You just called us out for a lack of discipline and class. The last time I noticed, you were flagged twice for personal fouls, we had none.

Sir, I do not whine and I do not write articles. Quite honestly, I love GQ and his program. I hope they win another state championship. I really have no problem with Maryville. I do have a problem with your attitude on here, however. You seem to always BASH WB. Why do you want to pick on us when we are no threat to your program. I can tell from your attitude that you would not be able to handle the adversity that WB has had this year. Why are you even on WB threads anyway? If you will notice, go back and look at my posts on all Maryville threads. Very complimentary. If I am going to go on another schools thread, especially a local team, I am going to compliment them. You, however, just want to bash WB. Please explain why you have such bitterness towards WB. As far as the hit on Tyler, I really have no problem with it either. You just called us out for a lack of discipline and class. The last time I noticed, you were flagged twice for personal fouls, we had none.

etcoach I just wish that all the letter writers, tv replay crew that say "Because it's Maryville," and adult W.B. fans who shout at Mairvul players were as classy as you and Gov-Man.

Edited by STARSNBARS