10/11 Brentwood at Ravenwood

10/12 Grace at CCS

JP2 at FRA

GPS at Oak Ridge

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find it interesting that Knox West isn't listed when Maryville is, which lost to West. Not that West should be listed maybe, but their 4 losses were to teams in the top 11.

Maryville hung a 2-0 loss on #6 Centennial. If West had beaten or tied any of the 4 ranked opponents they faced they might have been considered for a higher ranking. Beating a team that beat a good team doesn't count for much.

You didn't read my post....I didn't say West should be ranked. I was surprised by Maryville's ranking....that was the point. Beating a good team, tying a losing team, pretty much a wash. That's the point, but that's mj's opinion which is fine.

Well, my point was that it's likely that the only reason M'ville was ranked was that they beat a pretty good team, period. In that game they showed some potential worth recognition. Any team that bests a top ranked team gets instant recognition of some sort. Losses may put dings in the armor, but big wins go a long way.

And as you said, it's mjhub's opinion, as is any ranking. And in the end they all mean jack squat. (no offense to mjhub or any other rankings gurus.)

For the record, Maryville loses in addition to losing 1-2 to West, have been to # 1 Notre Dame, #4 Bearden, #5 Farragut, #10 Dobyns Bennet, #11 Oak Ridge and to still undefeated CAK. A brutal schedule. Out of all those teams the best one I saw was Notre Dame, and they lost 2-1 to them.

For the record, Maryville loses in addition to losing 1-2 to West, have been to # 1 Notre Dame, #4 Bearden, #5 Farragut, #10 Dobyns Bennet, #11 Oak Ridge and to still undefeated CAK. A brutal schedule. Out of all those teams the best one I saw was Notre Dame, and they lost 2-1 to them.

Maryville is deserving of the mention here in the polls, it's not like they were put into the top 10. If any of the west supporters have their results to send in, maybe it would help to grant them some attention and a mention in the top 30. Please don't take that as being harsh or a smart comment, I just don't know much about west compared to maryville and I'm sure that I am not the only one. Good luck to all.

Maryville is deserving of the mention here in the polls, it's not like they were put into the top 10. If any of the west supporters have their results to send in, maybe it would help to grant them some attention and a mention in the top 30. Please don't take that as being harsh or a smart comment, I just don't know much about west compared to maryville and I'm sure that I am not the only one. Good luck to all.

I was just a little surprised to see Maryville, that's all. As pointed out they have a 'quality' win. I think they are a good team, and when a poll goes 30 deep, well, that's deep, and probably anyone from 10 on down may get a big win, or a somewhat surprising loss. West beat Maryville 2-1, and has similar losses to Bearden, Farragut, DB, and Oak Ridge. They play CAK Thurs. So for the most part, just as 'brutal' a schedule. Just so we are all straight, I'm not being critical of the poll or Maryville. AND I'm not suggesting that West needs to be listed.....It's all good, and the real polls will start in about one week, and good luck and safe play to all.

:thumb: I wasn't going to post this, but to be even handed in my criticism, here goes.

Siegel 11 Warren County 0

11?

11?

11?

I was going to leave it alone, thinking that Warren County may have had a few Own Goals that ran the score up. Then lo and behold, I open the DNJ today, and see the self reported puff piece under High School Updates where Siegel braggs on the score and how many scored, and what a long night Warren County has in store for them on Monday. Which; no doubt, they do. Just to remind you on some thoughts on Riverdale running the score up on Lavergne

In my opinion, that is disgraceful. I understand allowing your players to score goals. But 14? that seems a little much. Maybe i'm wrong on this one but it seems to me arman should have made them bring it back and play keep away for awhile.

'course, 11 ain't 14.