Lewis Co. Vs. Riverside

THECHB

Blaker45...If you are a player or in any way associated with the Fairview football program, I wouldn't be worrying myself with Lewis County just yet. Seems there's a beatdown train rolling into Fairview tomorrow night in Purple and White, and you've got a ticket in First Class!

It's obvious you hold some hostility towards Lewis County. David Sharp was a beast, no arguments here. However, it could also be argued that Fairview is nothing without those two backs (Cothren (sp) and that other one whose name escapes me at the moment) who played a couple of years ago.

You're a heckuva prognosticator. Please enlighten us...How many games have you seen Lewis County or Camden play this year? Don't lie. We'll know.

And while I know Don is lurking tonight, I'll ask this question....Why does the Jr. High seem to get more press week in and week out than the High School (excluding stats)? Not taking anything from the jr. high program. Every one of these boys in high school was on that team. It just seems that the #3 ranked team in the state would have more. More details, more pictures, bigger pictures, mention the defense in more than one paragraph, etc. I know that there are time and space constraints and that you have an extra day to write about the jr. high. I also realize that you have nothing to do with the picture situation. If I were visiting from Camden or Alcoa and I picked up the Herald, I would be scratching my head as to why the LCHS Panther football team gets less press than the jr. high does. This puzzles everyone I talk to.

And before you offer...NO! I don't want the job!

Well I am going to step in on this message pretaining to the news coverage in Fairview. I have heard MANY complaints from the community about the (my opionion) Moronic local sports writer. Several boys on the team have made fantastic plays, sacks, and tackles. The sports writer is prejudiced against several of the players (bad mouthing them off the field to unbeknown family members) and covers only those on the team he 'chooses'. I guess its who you know and what to kiss. Like I tell the boys, some players are going to be more in the lime light. That is the positions they play BUT it takes a WHOLE team to make them look good. But, this is something for the parents to take care of and should not concern the team. It's not their fault the moron (in my opionion) harshly judges those who do not fall into his chosen 'lens or column'. :unsure:

And your right I have seen better coverage on the Fairview team in their competitors local paper, maybe the guy should learn something about loyality to his own home town team.

Edited by Msquacks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, did lewis county come to play, or did they overlook, or did they start theyr 2nd string, or did riverside jus play that hard?? cuz it sounds like 1st half was pretty good for them..even if they were still down 12-0 thats big for a team against lewis county

From what I heard Lewis county was flat......so guess it might have been their record and LCHS not taking it serious.

so, did lewis county come to play, or did they overlook, or did they start theyr 2nd string, or did riverside jus play that hard?? cuz it sounds like 1st half was pretty good for them..even if they were still down 12-0 thats big for a team against lewis county

From what I heard Lewis county was flat......so guess it might have been their record and LCHS not taking it serious.

This is an easy one to answer. Lewis County played uninspired on both offense and defense....It was Senior Night at Riverside (last time these boys are EVER going to dress out in the home blues)...#3 ranked team playing against a team with nothing to lose...Officiating was suspect at times.

Not taking anything from Riverside. They came to play.

we were flat our oline played like crap we need a lot of improvement in 2 weeks to be able to handle a d line like camdens but we got 2 weeks to get ready im sure we'll get it together we need to come out fired up unlike tonight our we will have a long night in 2 weeks

We haven't played real well for the past three weeks. We are 9-0 but it's a quite 9-0. The offense is sluggish and the defense isn't as crisp as they were early in the season. Truthfully, the 9-0 record is helped considerably by the fact that the region is incredibly weak.

The bright spot for this game was when the second unit went in and drove the ball down the field like the first team should have.

I did like the fact that we threw the ball more even though we missed three wide open touchdown passes.

Gonna have to regain the spark before Camden, that's for sure.