Lewis Co. Vs. Riverside

THECHB

You grew up swearing at my posts. Now that's just wrong! I have long been regarded as a beloved and well respected member of this site. My repartee with those who are intelligent is legendary. Heck, I am legendary.

As for defense.. if you make it to Goodpasture, get back with me then... really! They are a machine. A private school machine with the best that scholarships can buy. It's not that they are that much better of a 2-A team than us, you or Camden. It's that they are a really good 5-A team disguised as 2-A. Thye are now, have been and will continue to be the poster child of private/public angst.

You are right about two things, one that you are considered a legend....In your own mind. Two, that Goodpasture is a poster child for a private 2a team. The one thing that I think is wrong; Goodpasture would have to put up a good fight to put up 62 against our Defense. I meant that I also grew up thinking that all of your posts were mostly foolishness, as for thinking the region is better IN 5-2A, it is completely opinion. All of these posts will be opinion till playoff time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by LCHSgrinch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok 1st off.. rcombs. stop goin back to wat happened to years ago.. 2 years ago fairview mainly relied on their running game to put up points. and Yes camden had an awesome defense that year.. really fast defensive front. Good running backs as well.. But what ur forgetting is that fairview is in a league with private schools and has to rely on passing and running now. so they are more well rounded.. Now who ever says waverly would beat fairview u better second think that before u post that. Lewis county and fairview always play good games against each other in the past. Yes lewis county has a better record against fairview.. But they never played them in their prime until 2 years ago. Back in 1989-1992 when fairview was a 2A power house did lewic county play them. No. When fairview was in their prime 2 years ago they beat lewis like 21-0.. but then again lewis wasnt in their prime so it could go both ways. I know Chris Hatten is a good running back. But fairviews defense is actually better this year than it was 2 years ago and yet they had 5 sacks on Lewis's qb in that game. But i guess that was just a fluke. As to waverly.. they havent beat fairview since 2002. In which thier coach was an idiot for lettin their startin runnin back stay in till the last play.. and wat happened.. He tore his ACL. Smart coachin there right? And who ever sais fairviews defense wasnt as good against hickman as lewis.. Think back on it. Fairviews had one Safety to get 4 interceptions in the 2nd half. 3 in the same quarter. Im just statin the obvious. U want facts u got them. All teams are pretty well even. SO yes it is ur oppinion for sayin LEwis and Camden will kill us which is all good.. But dont get on here callin people ignorant for voicing their oppinions by saying they wouldnt. With that all being said I am very excited to see the playoffs agaist R5 and R6.. i think it will be a great year for playoffs between these 2 regions. Could go either way. But i believe that goodpasture will be advancing to 4th round playoffs when its all said in done. Thats my oppinion.

ok 1st off.. rcombs. stop goin back to wat happened to years ago.. 2 years ago fairview mainly relied on their running game to put up points. and Yes camden had an awesome defense that year.. really fast defensive front. Good running backs as well.. But what ur forgetting is that fairview is in a league with private schools and has to rely on passing and running now. so they are more well rounded.. Now who ever says waverly would beat fairview u better second think that before u post that. Lewis county and fairview always play good games against each other in the past. Yes lewis county has a better record against fairview.. But they never played them in their prime until 2 years ago. Back in 1989-1992 when fairview was a 2A power house did lewic county play them. No. When fairview was in their prime 2 years ago they beat lewis like 21-0.. but then again lewis wasnt in their prime so it could go both ways. I know Chris Hatten is a good running back. But fairviews defense is actually better this year than it was 2 years ago and yet they had 5 sacks on Lewis's qb in that game. But i guess that was just a fluke. As to waverly.. they havent beat fairview since 2002. In which thier coach was an idiot for lettin their startin runnin back stay in till the last play.. and wat happened.. He tore his ACL. Smart coachin there right? And who ever sais fairviews defense wasnt as good against hickman as lewis.. Think back on it. Fairviews had one Safety to get 4 interceptions in the 2nd half. 3 in the same quarter. Im just statin the obvious. U want facts u got them. All teams are pretty well even. SO yes it is ur oppinion for sayin LEwis and Camden will kill us which is all good.. But dont get on here callin people ignorant for voicing their oppinions by saying they wouldnt. With that all being said I am very excited to see the playoffs agaist R5 and R6.. i think it will be a great year for playoffs between these 2 regions. Could go either way. But i believe that goodpasture will be advancing to 4th round playoffs when its all said in done. Thats my oppinion.

Lewis County and Fairview were in the same region until the change last year so LC had been playing Fairview for awhile with Fairview winning the last year they played by the score of 21 to 7 with LC winning the previous 3 by an average of score of 28 to 0, could look up more but too lazy, so yes it looks like LC played Fairview during the Fairview power house days :thumb:

i have watched both lewis and fairview play hickman county. i would have to say lewis dominated them and fairview just escaped. they both were 7 point games but lewis had like 5 or 6 fumbles and the only touchdown hickman got was when lewis fumbled inside the five and hickman had to go less than 5 to score. i think it would be a good hard fought game and lewis defense would be the difference. unless it is close then fairview and there outstanding kicker have the edge. but i hope we get to see this in the playoffs. good luck to both.

i have watched both lewis and fairview play hickman county. i would have to say lewis dominated them and fairview just escaped. they both were 7 point games but lewis had like 5 or 6 fumbles and the only touchdown hickman got was when lewis fumbled inside the five and hickman had to go less than 5 to score. i think it would be a good hard fought game and lewis defense would be the difference. unless it is close then fairview and there outstanding kicker have the edge. but i hope we get to see this in the playoffs. good luck to both.

Lewis County and Fairview were in the same region until the change last year so LC had been playing Fairview for awhile with Fairview winning the last year they played by the score of 21 to 7 with LC winning the previous 3 by an average of score of 28 to 0, could look up more but too lazy, so yes it looks like LC played Fairview during the Fairview power house days :lol:

[/quote} Well No they ddnt.. they may have started gettin into that region after 93.. notice i said the powerhouse days were from 89-92... i dont recall lewis county ever playin them then. And if the did .. they lost..the only teams fairview had trouble with in those days was waverly up until 1990.. then stewart county afterwards.. So they havent been in the same region as long as u think they have been chucky.. just face lewis county isnt anything with SHarp in the backfield nemore. Yall maybe something against ur region 6 teams.. but i see Camden absolutely killing yall.. But dont see ya gettin past the 2nd round. or 1st. depends on if u get 1st seed or 2nd seed.

Heck if we are going to get historic, let's turn back the clock to 1979. Fairview was led by the great Danny Greer, an all-state running back who was well worthy of such status. The two teams met in the quarter-finals of the TSSAA playoffs at our old stadium, the A.B. Sisco Athletic Field. The two teams were both stout, the Panthers enjoying their very first undefeated season at 11-0...

Fairview drove down and scored with Greer leading the way. Panthers answered with a 65 yard run by fullback Clark Carroll who was twenty yards ahead of everyone and got caught from behind. He will tell you different... HA But he was not a speed demon.

Panthers won it 34-21.

The biggest thing I remember is that there were about 2500 people jammed into what was esentially a middle school field that's bleachers held about 800-900 folks. Everyone was stacked in there standing like sardines. What a memorable game!

Blaker45...If you are a player or in any way associated with the Fairview football program, I wouldn't be worrying myself with Lewis County just yet. Seems there's a beatdown train rolling into Fairview tomorrow night in Purple and White, and you've got a ticket in First Class!

It's obvious you hold some hostility towards Lewis County. David Sharp was a beast, no arguments here. However, it could also be argued that Fairview is nothing without those two backs (Cothren (sp) and that other one whose name escapes me at the moment) who played a couple of years ago.

You're a heckuva prognosticator. Please enlighten us...How many games have you seen Lewis County or Camden play this year? Don't lie. We'll know.

And while I know Don is lurking tonight, I'll ask this question....Why does the Jr. High seem to get more press week in and week out than the High School (excluding stats)? Not taking anything from the jr. high program. Every one of these boys in high school was on that team. It just seems that the #3 ranked team in the state would have more. More details, more pictures, bigger pictures, mention the defense in more than one paragraph, etc. I know that there are time and space constraints and that you have an extra day to write about the jr. high. I also realize that you have nothing to do with the picture situation. If I were visiting from Camden or Alcoa and I picked up the Herald, I would be scratching my head as to why the LCHS Panther football team gets less press than the jr. high does. This puzzles everyone I talk to.

And before you offer...NO! I don't want the job!

Waverly don't have the same coach now.

And while I know Don is lurking tonight, I'll ask this question....Why does the Jr. High seem to get more press week in and week out than the High School (excluding stats)? Not taking anything from the jr. high program. Every one of these boys in high school was on that team. It just seems that the #3 ranked team in the state would have more. More details, more pictures, bigger pictures, mention the defense in more than one paragraph, etc. I know that there are time and space constraints and that you have an extra day to write about the jr. high. I also realize that you have nothing to do with the picture situation. If I were visiting from Camden or Alcoa and I picked up the Herald, I would be scratching my head as to why the LCHS Panther football team gets less press than the jr. high does. This puzzles everyone I talk to.

And before you offer...NO! I don't want the job!

Well, I don't know? I went back to my stories on word pad and counted 37 lines for the Panthers and 27 for the Raiders?

I don't have anything at all to do with picture selection.

This week's game would have been an anomaly of sorts because the Raiders got about 5 more lines than usual with the odditiy of the three way tie for first place tne coin flip situation.

I made the decision about three years ago to add the regional standings.upcoming games and results into the column. It took away a little from writing about the actual game but I thought was worht including. As for you not wanting the job... LOL You probably wouldn't work as cheaply as I do.. heh heh

But thanks for reading anyways.

I never called you ignorant. You did that yourself, and you just keep proving it. My opinion is that you need to go back and finish your grammar and spelling. While I am not an english teacher, nor am I perfect on mine, it is hard to make out anything other than "stupid" on this post. Please clarify and try again.

BTW Lewis Co. and Camden would both own Fairview. Probably Waverly also. In a squeaker.

Edited by rcombs