Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara King has improved significantly. Hopefully others will continue to improve and find their niche in the team's offensive scheme. If that happens, then Oakland will definitely become a force to be reckoned with in the district.

Seems as if Sara King did that same thing last year about this time. Coach G must have begun her "After New Years" push or has it been pushed ahead this year like Christmas shopping usually has been. Seems so.

Seems as if Sara King did that same thing last year about this time. Coach G must have begun her "After New Years" push or has it been pushed ahead this year like Christmas shopping usually has been. Seems so.

Didn't have the opportunity to see much of last year's season, but I don't think King saw too much play time the season before last. So I did not expect her to do too much at the beginning of last season until she got accustomed to playing big minutes. Last year was a learning experience for her, now this year she has the opportunity to display what she learned. Things are definitely looking up for the team as a whole, but the real test will come after their first loss. Right now things are easy for them, but it's always interesting to see how a team bounces back after they lose. (Just remembering the lost they suffered to Riverdale in the District 2 years ago, and how they bounced back big in the Region.)

Didn't have the opportunity to see much of last year's season, but I don't think King saw too much play time the season before last. So I did not expect her to do too much at the beginning of last season until she got accustomed to playing big minutes. Last year was a learning experience for her, now this year she has the opportunity to display what she learned. Things are definitely looking up for the team as a whole, but the real test will come after their first loss. Right now things are easy for them, but it's always interesting to see how a team bounces back after they lose. (Just remembering the lost they suffered to Riverdale in the District 2 years ago, and how they bounced back big in the Region.)

trUE, but they had to re-group Friday nite and did.

trUE, but they had to re-group Friday nite and did.

I'm still waiting to see if they can bounce back or hold on to a lead night after night against tougher opponents. Since they were up by so much it really should not have been a contest Friday but Oakland made it a contest.

of course they did...If people don't contain TD or if they worry to much on TD oakland will hurt who ever they play

That is only true if everyone on Oakland comes to play. When TD is being over pursued during portions of the game, her teammates have to make some quick and easy points. I want to see some double digit assists games, which should be possible if the team brings a bunch of double teams.

i think the key word is "if" now she will have some off games like everyone will but i think she is too explosive to not get her shots off

Well if ya look, Oakland is contributing outside of Tara. First few games she accounted for half or more of the team's points, that hasnt been the case the past few games. Hayley Randolph will be a star.

Siegel plays Franklin AT Franklin Monday night at six. There is no game Tuesday and Friday they play Lavergne at home i believe.

Siegel took care of business at Franklin tonite with a very stingy defense and a first quarter scoring effiency which really put the game out of touch earkt as they beat Franklin 40-34. Carrie Parrot scored 15 first quarter points and ended the game with 17 and Allison Wright scored 11 and Mo Faulkner 7 as the Stars offense looked to regain some of its offensive capability. This team still has to have better scoring from each of its players to do well in the district. Again, one starter didn't score and another had only 3 points. This team cannot do well in the District without hitting on all cylinders.

Franklin, was not able to respond to the Siegel on slaught until the second half when they made a comeback but it was too little too late for the Rebels. The Rebels exhibited a very good team which should rank high in District 13 AAA.

Edited by PHargis