Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need something to look at. Please reference that source.

1. Riverdale

2. siegel

3.Cookeville

4.White County

5.Oakland

6.Blackman

7.Warren County

8.Lebanon

Riverdale going for there third straight distirct championship. siegel could be a problem for Riverdale, cause of what happened in the district championship game. White County lost their big gun. Oakland is going to be better since T.D. will be back.

Riverdale should be the Favorite. Second, third and fourth will be a tossup again. Lebanon will be much better this year as will be Oakland and Blackman. This District will get back, somewhat, to the strength it once had but the players(Schools) will be different. Coaching will be the primary reason for the success of most schools as Head Coaches or Asst Coaches have been added in some schools along with the very strong lineup in the rest of the schools. At first look, the District will be overall, 25% stronger than last year. If injuries persist, as was last year, all bets are off but most teams strenghtened themselves due to the large amount which occured.

At first glance:

Riverdale

Cookeville

Siegel

Oakland

Blackman

White

Lebanon

Warren County

Riverdale will still be strong. Cookeville, Oakland and Siegel will battle for 2-4 with each being stronger and Siegel looking for a replacement for the great Senior of last year along with an injury and one defection from the team. Blackman will have developed some of their underclassman, White will be looking for players to step up and replace their seniors and if they do they could be back in to the top four and Lebanon will have a new Coach and the expectations of the twin towers to develop. The teams should be 5-7. Really nothing has been heard of anything changing at Warren but if there has been any change in the development of players or things that would help their program, WC could jump a few notches in the standings. Certainly they want to do better than that.

Another acessment in earlier November will more tell the strength of these teams

Warren Co lost 4 seniors from a 10-19 team. THey have one starter back and three or four girls have quit this summer/fall. I hear they have about 8 varsity players left. When is the county going to realize that it is time for change? THey have support here, but no one dedicated to winning. Good luck this year, they'll need it.

Warren Co lost 4 seniors from a 10-19 team. THey have one starter back and three or four girls have quit this summer/fall. I hear they have about 8 varsity players left. When is the county going to realize that it is time for change? THey have support here, but no one dedicated to winning. Good luck this year, they'll need it.

I feel the frustration in your post and the once evident Pride that the program once exhibited in your county. I believe the coaching staff there remembers the Pride that was there at that time also. No one likes to be part of a losing season. Losing players is part of a program that no coach likes because of the time spent in getting the players that far.

I am going to make a prediction that the Pioneers girls program will be the team that will come back first in the Warren County program but it may take a couple of years. Watching the team and its Coaches does not imply to me that there is not interest by the Coaching Staff, just the contrary. A 10-19 team last year with four seniors is not the worst thing that has happened and 3-4 girls quitting is not earth shattering but a question one might pose when looking at the organization of the middle school program, with it so fragmented in different parts of the county in small schools, how can a High School Coach depend on some stability coming out of MS of players who have played in a system simular to the HS and have an excellent Coach and ASSt there to prepare the 8th grade class to be at a higher level than it is today. Believe me, I understand this is a rural county and the population is scattered but it is also a county with small rural schools and consolidation not only helps sports but very likely might help the Studies part of the School system also and very likely would be able to be run with less expense.

My observation, for what its worth, goes much deeper than a High School Record, it goes much deeper than Girls Basketball, but it deals with that second step that was evidently not implemented when the High School was built.

I have posted this before, but Warren was a once proud county with some of the most caring and astute people I have ever been around. Yes, its taken some licks that a rural county has had to recover from and it seems it came in bunches. But it still has a lot to offer and a big part of that is its Educational System. Maybe the citizens just want their schools to be made a SMALL SCHOOL status. I don't think so or they would not have built the High School the way they did. While not looking, I see posted in about every sport about WC not being able to support teams. The infrastructure seems not to be there. I have,"no dog to hunt " in this situation only to have spent about 14 years of my and my families lives in the county and to know how proud the people are and how they pull together when things are not going right. It is very surprising to me that all of this is because of a Basketball Coach. That's not how I remember WC but I guess thats a few years??? back. Lots of Luck to a great group of Fans. Help your Coaches get your athletic teams moving again.

I feel the frustration in your post and the once evident Pride that the program once exhibited in your county. I believe the coaching staff there remembers the Pride that was there at that time also. No one likes to be part of a losing season. Losing players is part of a program that no coach likes because of the time spent in getting the players that far.

I am going to make a prediction that the Pioneers girls program will be the team that will come back first in the Warren County program but it may take a couple of years. Watching the team and its Coaches does not imply to me that there is not interest by the Coaching Staff, just the contrary. A 10-19 team last year with four seniors is not the worst thing that has happened and 3-4 girls quitting is not earth shattering but a question one might pose when looking at the organization of the middle school program, with it so fragmented in different parts of the county in small schools, how can a High School Coach depend on some stability coming out of MS of players who have played in a system simular to the HS and have an excellent Coach and ASSt there to prepare the 8th grade class to be at a higher level than it is today. Believe me, I understand this is a rural county and the population is scattered but it is also a county with small rural schools and consolidation not only helps sports but very likely might help the Studies part of the School system also and very likely would be able to be run with less expense.

My observation, for what its worth, goes much deeper than a High School Record, it goes much deeper than Girls Basketball, but it deals with that second step that was evidently not implemented when the High School was built.

I have posted this before, but Warren was a once proud county with some of the most caring and astute people I have ever been around. Yes, its taken some licks that a rural county has had to recover from and it seems it came in bunches. But it still has a lot to offer and a big part of that is its Educational System. Maybe the citizens just want their schools to be made a SMALL SCHOOL status. I don't think so or they would not have built the High School the way they did. While not looking, I see posted in about every sport about WC not being able to support teams. The infrastructure seems not to be there. I have,"no dog to hunt " in this situation only to have spent about 14 years of my and my families lives in the county and to know how proud the people are and how they pull together when things are not going right. It is very surprising to me that all of this is because of a Basketball Coach. That's not how I remember WC but I guess thats a few years??? back. Lots of Luck to a great group of Fans. Help your Coaches get your athletic teams moving again.

The following is a thumbnail sketch of the 7AAA girls teams and their prospects. other teams will be sketched as information is gathered.

Coach Michael Burt not only lost three great Senior players last year but also his top assistant to Lawrenceburg. This is not unlike previous years when he has graduated assistants to be head coaches at a number ot schools. He is without Lauren Hudgins, Autumn Hayes and Brittney Steen who were seniors and a big part of the Riverdale success when injuries decimated the team the middle of the season. But it really only strengthened the team for this year and RD will be very strong. Seniors Anne Marie Lanning, Alex Bivins, Nikki Talley, and Austin Wilson will provide the senior leadership this year followed by juniors Sheila Burgess, Austin Wilson, kelsey Moore, Morgan Swope and Lindsey Moore.

Anne Marie Lanning, a MTSU signee, will lead RD and is a candidate for post season honors. The team has an opportunity to achieve post season play with a cast of great supporting players in Alex Bivens, Nikki talley and Austin Wilson. A more in depth look at RD will be done in November.

White County will not be as strong as last year. Joni Simpson is one of the better players in the District, but others need to step up and score. In my opinion, this is one of the best freshmen teams to come along in many years. I think a couple of them may see playing time this season. They won the TNT state touney last year as eighth graders, so the future is looking bright. Go Warriorettes! :thumb:

Coach Alan Bush graduated only one senior last year but that Senior, Tikedra Jones, was a 4 year player and had scored 1000 points and will have to be replaced in this years season. Coach Bush also lost a very good ASST coach to Independence in Coach Hillary Maxwell when she accepted the head coaching job there. These were the two priority positions of the Stars that had to be of concern to the Head Coach. Alan Bush and current asst Jay Seals. Lynn Tate has joined the Stars as an Asst Coach this year along with Jon Palmer and Creasie Palmer. The Stars will return solid post players in 4 year starter and Senior Carrie Parrot, Senior Danielle Spurlock who is returning from an injury incurred this summer and may not be back until the first of the year, and Junior Claire Waggoner who made great steps this past summer. These three players 5'11", 6'1" and 6'2" form a very good front line for the Stars. The guard positions will be filled bya senior, two juniors and a sophmore among others with Allison Wright and Morgan Faulkner, Amy Burns and Kristen Sigenthauler leading the prospects. These players along with some good JV players will make up the Stars Team.

The Stars will be formidable with their size and experience and have numerous players that have played all year round for the last three years. They should be rated to be one of the top teams in the District. Any further injuries could cause a disruption and keeping players healthy should be of primary concern.

Edited by PHargis

Oakland will be probably be a middle of the pack team, maybe in 3rd if they overachieve. Coach Grandstaff will still be developing the young talent, but will have enough firepower to win ballgames at a decent rate. The key to Oakland's season is if they can get some production down in the post, if they can, they maybe a tough team to deal with