• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see were your going with this and here is the details. Per Prepxtra

Seiver Co. 2 receptions 57 yards lost 6-38

Central 0 receptions 0 yards lost 0-35

West 2 receptions 25 yards lost 17-52 1 td

Powell 3 receptions 40 or so yards lost 6-7 (prepxtra hasn't updated yet)

Please enlighten us further.

I see were your going with this and here is the details. Per Prepxtra

Seiver Co. 2 receptions 57 yards lost 6-38

Central 0 receptions 0 yards lost 0-35

West 2 receptions 25 yards lost 17-52 1 td

Powell 3 receptions 40 or so yards lost 6-7 (prepxtra hasn't updated yet)

Please enlighten us further.

Big time players show up against big time teams. He is to cocky not to show up against these teams. He is a good player though.

Your right I'm as miffed as you are on our play selection. I don't think he is our answer to Neon Deion or T.O. though.

Here is something to take into consideration and I am not targeting our QB because he is doing his best. But in the above games Central we were 0-5 passing Orlando Blair was all over us all night. Sevier CO. first game of the season they had Frezell on him a future D-1 hopeful we were 3-13 in passing on that game. Against West Easterly stayed on Dayton all the first half we were 2-5 in passing. Both completions were to him one for a first down( I think our first of the night) the other a touchdown against their second stringers. Powell game we run nothing but a one receiver wing-t set untill we fell behind. I not sure the passing numbers on that game but I bet we threw no more than 6 or 7 passes that night.

Here were I agree with you. I agree in big games he will never be a factor if we run a one wide formation with another teams best DB and safety playing cover two. Not only that last week a Outside linebacker could play short zone on him because we only had one wideout. Now do you see what I am getting at. Thats three players commited. Its a miracle what that kid has done under the circumstances its like he has two hands tied behind his back before he even gets started. Thats my main problem when we are playing from behind help is needed in our offensive scheming. I'd say he gets frustrated more than we would know and lets off a little cockiness when things turn for the good.

Come on Provol I expected better from a RC cola man. Dayton may not be D-1 material but he is a player. Coach Lowe must have thought the same by double teaming him most of the night and playing a outside linebacker short on the slants. They took him out of game except for the punt returns. Isn't he just a junior anyways?

well of course, any coach would do that if he was seriously one of the only main threats on a team... some of the "amazing" catches that he makes have been lucky! for example the powell game, the ball bounced off his hands at first and took a lucky bounce that landed right in his hands on the way down.

I think he has fumbled three times in the scheme of things once in the Jamboree game against Webb. The other two in the second half of the Karns Game. Two of the three fumbles were in heavy traffic with one if not two being stripped while at least having one tackler on him.

When they pass and if its in the area I have never seen him drop a pass in varsity football. Even when he was a sophomore he made some big catches the biggest one against West. Last year I remember he had trouble with a slant pass in the Central game but it was behind him. He didn't get many opportunities last week against Powell but the first reception he made was worthy of any highlight film. He caught the ball behind the DB back bounced the ball into the air and caught it on the way down and finished doing a roll over.

Like Provol said earlier he is not coming up big in the big games yet this year except running back punts. But he is used mainly as a decoy anyway. The more I think about it though the Central game last year he came up big 3 catches 95 yards against Helton,Cruze and Gaston in the secondary so he is capable if given the opportunity.