my prayers for townsend

Adam it has really been great playing with you over the years. I am truley sorry your senior season had to come to an end like it did. Losing you has really been hard on the team, some harder than others, but we will manage. We are working harder than ever in practice trying to make for that long trip to the 'Burro. :thumb:

You have overcome so much in your life. A broken leg doesnt seem like much anymore. When you get that brace off, i know youll work harder and longer to make up for it. I'll help you anyway i can cause i know you can still complete that lifelong dream. I believe that you will put those pads on again, maybe not this year, but in the future. Who knows maybe ill be putting those pads on right beside you. :lol: So hold your head high cause you have accomplished so much over the years. There is still alot to come. If you need anything, let me know bud.

Your friend and fellow teammate,

Jonathan Lyons #82

Oh yeah your the MAN!

You're quite the man yourself there 82. You had one heck of a showing on the hill friday. (As did the entire Bulldog team.) Your team really needs your talent and leadership now. Guys like you and Lil' Lunsford need to step up and make your buddy A.T. proud. Good luck on the rest of your season.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the props and, yes Unaka did give Midway a fit. They played a three way scrimmage down there and Midway was the only one that scored on them. I think Hampton may have to air it out a little more, but thats not a bad thing because they are quite capable. I,m my opinion ,its will take a team thats two td,s better than anyone in region 2 to have a shot of going any farther. Good luck and use the loss as a possitive. A rematch is not out of the question.

Actully it was a 4-way between us, Midway, Bledsoe County, and Oliver Springs..... Its weird. On Friday nights, you would head out to the feild wondering "I wonder what kind of crazy game Adam will have tonight..." and you would watch him do all sorts of stuff. Heck, everyone up here got so used to it, we thought it was a given. But in some strange sort of way, we kind of took him for granted, and now we may never see him out there again... :thumb:

Adam's surgery went well. He got away with a plate and eight screws, rather than the two pins as planned, (broad, as it is long, in Adam's eyes), but no damage to the inner ankle. (Good news, finally!!!!) Adam is doing well and feeling okay. He asked that I thank everyone for their prayers and all the nice things you have to say about him. He did try to get on here the other night and read some of this, but didn't make it past the first page. So, now we just kind of give it to him in a nutshell and he is very appriciative. Friday's getting closer and things are getting harder, but it will be fine.

Adam wanted me to tell all players everywhere "Good Luck this week and play every second as hard as you can play. Be safe, but hit hard and thank God every time you get a chance. #25 will be routing for you. Peace out"

My thoughts and prayers are with Adam and his family. I hate to hear about the surgery because I was reading in the JC Press that he might be back in 3-4 weeks. I'm sure this is a big disappointment to Adam but hopefully it will not ruin his hopes for playing at the next level. If any coach sees his grit and determination I'm sure they will give him a shot. Again, God Bless and Hopes for a very Successful Surgey. :lol:

Thanks, everything went well. Adam told his doc that the paper said that he would be back by 2nd round so he needed to do a real good job. The doc laughed, but didn't buy it. Oh well, Adam tried.

Adam it has really been great playing with you over the years. I am truley sorry your senior season had to come to an end like it did. Losing you has really been hard on the team, some harder than others, but we will manage. We are working harder than ever in practice trying to make for that long trip to the 'Burro. :thumb:

You have overcome so much in your life. A broken leg doesnt seem like much anymore. When you get that brace off, i know youll work harder and longer to make up for it. I'll help you anyway i can cause i know you can still complete that lifelong dream. I believe that you will put those pads on again, maybe not this year, but in the future. Who knows maybe ill be putting those pads on right beside you. :D So hold your head high cause you have accomplished so much over the years. There is still alot to come. If you need anything, let me know bud.

Your friend and fellow teammate,

Jonathan Lyons #82

Oh yeah your the MAN!

Jonathan,

You are one of the nicest kids I have ever known. I know that Adam is really glad to have a friend like you. You are right that Adam will complete his dream, mainly because of people like you, reminding him that he can. We wish the best for you and know that you will be great at whatever you choose to do. You are a leader Jonathan and we are proud that you chose to be a Bulldog!

Adam's surgery went well. He got away with a plate and eight screws, rather than the two pins as planned, (broad, as it is long, in Adam's eyes), but no damage to the inner ankle. (Good news, finally!!!!) Adam is doing well and feeling okay. He asked that I thank everyone for their prayers and all the nice things you have to say about him. He did try to get on here the other night and read some of this, but didn't make it past the first page. So, now we just kind of give it to him in a nutshell and he is very appriciative. Friday's getting closer and things are getting harder, but it will be fine.

Adam wanted me to tell all players everywhere "Good Luck this week and play every second as hard as you can play. Be safe, but hit hard and thank God every time you get a chance. #25 will be routing for you. Peace out"

Glad everything went well for Adam and there was no damage to his ankle. We are all still thinking about him. GET WELL SOON!

FallSportFan,

For some reason I cannot reply to your reply back to me :D , but you asked that I keep quite about who you are, even though you don't think I really know. Well, let's just say that you made me a promise last year in weeks 9 and 10 and kept that promise. :thumb: Go Bulldogs!!!

Edited by Mamma says...

FallSportFan,

For some reason I cannot reply to your reply back to me :o , but you asked that I keep quite about who you are, even though you don't think I really know. Well, let's just say that you made me a promise last year in weeks 9 and 10 and kept that promise. :thumb: Go Bulldogs!!!

I'll make that same promise. :D YOu know that Adam and this bunch is very special to me and some others and it has been awsome to watch every single one of them. This is not the end of theline for Adam and his football career, and hopefully I can make some promises to you for the next 4 years. ;) Call if you need anything, I came by last night, but figured you were at the hospital. Once again, keep it on the downlow. :D

I'll make that same promise. :D YOu know that Adam and this bunch is very special to me and some others and it has been awsome to watch every single one of them. This is not the end of theline for Adam and his football career, and hopefully I can make some promises to you for the next 4 years. :D Call if you need anything, I came by last night, but figured you were at the hospital. Once again, keep it on the downlow. :thumb:

We didn't get home 'til almost 8:00 last night. Sorry we missed you. Come by again when you get a chance. Thanks for the support you've given Adam over the years. I'll be holding you to your promises.

We didn't get home 'til almost 8:00 last night. Sorry we missed you. Come by again when you get a chance. Thanks for the support you've given Adam over the years. I'll be holding you to your promises.

One thing I would like to see is Adam play in the East ,West game. four players from Cloudland has played in this game and Mike Lunsford helped coach the East. This could really give Adam some motivation to get on with the program. Talk to the coaches and see what can be done. We could all get to see Adam on the big screen.