my prayers for townsend

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, we would like to thank everyone for their concern for Adam and give an update to those of you interested.

Adam goes in for surgery tomorrow @ 2pm to have a couple of pins put in his leg. :thumb: This is to ensure that the bone heals properly and prevents future damage. Also, while they are doing this, the docs also plan to go into the inner ankle and make sure there is no damage there (I don't like that part). We are understanding now that he will be in a cast for a couple of months, the first on crutches, then a possible walking cast to finish. Rehab, at some point and time. Approximately four to five months from now, they will go back in to remove the pins and he should be fine. ;) So, your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Hate to hear the "S" word involved with this injury. I am a new coach to this region but I would just like to say what a pleasure it was to watch your son on film and then try to figure out how to stop him, that to me is what makes this game so much fun, the wonderful young men such as your son that do so many wonderful things that makes us all say WOW! Also injuries like this is also unfortunately what makes us as parents not sleep so good on Thursday nights. We wish Adam and your family nothing but the best and hopefully a speedier recovery than is expected!

God Bless and Best Wishes,

Coach Yoakum and Family: Cosby High Football

He,s still our hero, and he has a bright future,Hard work and disapline will stay with him from now on. I hope he gets to play football again if thats his dream. If not, tackle life the same way you carried a football,you have what it takes either way. Now its time to put to rest the one man thing, show people Hampton has A TEAM, and a good one. You wrote chapter one the other night. Prayers are with Adam and family.

He,s still our hero, and he has a bright future,Hard work and disapline will stay with him from now on. I hope he gets to play football again if thats his dream. If not, tackle life the same way you carried a football,you have what it takes either way. Now its time to put to rest the one man thing, show people Hampton has A TEAM, and a good one. You wrote chapter one the other night. Prayers are with Adam and family.

Pujo, dont know if you have one but if so, give me a little scouting report on Midway and Coalfield. Thanks!

Bigblue, I really can't help you as far as a scouting report. I can tell you that Cosby can play with either one. Everyone seems to think Coalfield is the best in Region 2, I have my doubts. They have really good skill people but the line is not nearly as good as last years team. Region 1 will have a chance in three games ,the 4 seed will get murdered.

Bigblue, I really can't help you as far as a scouting report. I can tell you that Cosby can play with either one. Everyone seems to think Coalfield is the best in Region 2, I have my doubts. They have really good skill people but the line is not nearly as good as last years team. Region 1 will have a chance in three games ,the 4 seed will get murdered.

Thanks, hope you fellers go on and take care of buisness, as I suspect you will. Tell Adam's mom to keep us up to date on things and tell your nephew that he played one heck of a game Friday night! I believe as you do that we can play with the mighty region 2, its that team a little further south I think everyone will have problems with! Any truth about Unaka playing Midway as tough as was said in a pre-season scrimmage?

Thanks, hope you fellers go on and take care of buisness, as I suspect you will. Tell Adam's mom to keep us up to date on things and tell your nephew that he played one heck of a game Friday night! I believe as you do that we can play with the mighty region 2, its that team a little further south I think everyone will have problems with! Any truth about Unaka playing Midway as tough as was said in a pre-season scrimmage?

Thanks for the props and, yes Unaka did give Midway a fit. They played a three way scrimmage down there and Midway was the only one that scored on them. I think Hampton may have to air it out a little more, but thats not a bad thing because they are quite capable. I,m my opinion ,its will take a team thats two td,s better than anyone in region 2 to have a shot of going any farther. Good luck and use the loss as a possitive. A rematch is not out of the question.

Thanks for the props and, yes Unaka did give Midway a fit. They played a three way scrimmage down there and Midway was the only one that scored on them. I think Hampton may have to air it out a little more, but thats not a bad thing because they are quite capable. I,m my opinion ,its will take a team thats two td,s better than anyone in region 2 to have a shot of going any farther. Good luck and use the loss as a possitive. A rematch is not out of the question.

Thats what we are shootin for here but if we cant make it happen I at least hope we can give region 2 a large taste of what brand of football we play here in our so called "weak region!"

Thats what we are shootin for here but if we cant make it happen I at least hope we can give region 2 a large taste of what brand of football we play here in our so called "weak region!"

This region is deffinately improving, its only going to get better.I hope Cloudland can get back on track. My son goes to Cloudland, heck my little one is named Lander. The kids are here to be a powerhouse for several years.

My thoughts and prayers are with Adam and his family. I hate to hear about the surgery because I was reading in the JC Press that he might be back in 3-4 weeks. I'm sure this is a big disappointment to Adam but hopefully it will not ruin his hopes for playing at the next level. If any coach sees his grit and determination I'm sure they will give him a shot. Again, God Bless and Hopes for a very Successful Surgey. :lol: