my prayers for townsend

townsend and family. i pray that you will recover soon and are able to cont. to do what you do so well in the future. this thread is for you and you alone. we had articles of preseason previews, all the teams game articles, and stats. heck we even had the pic of you and jc ( i love that man but hes is not photogenic LOL) form the front page of the elizabethton star. we had pictures of you in every locker, and a few of your teammate lyons. with those pic we had the words "take him out" not in referance to hurt you but to take you out of your game. and the words "play maker" with lyons cause thats what he does. moday when we watched film i MADE the commint we needed to TAKE YOU OUT of your GAME not to hurt you. i guess someone saw that and assumed we were out to hurt you. i think you can understand this strategy to motivate players. you all did something like it with unaka.

i want you and your family to know that was not the case. i really dont care what anyone else thinks. i am NOT that kind of coach. i want to win but not at the expense of a player and his future. i was glad that the ref allowed me to come out when you went down. i knew you were hurt when you took the hit and was surprised to see you get up. that shows your toughness. you got twisted up pretty good. to be honest i thought you torn you knee to shreds. i was glad to hear it was a possible break. those can heal with you not loseing to much if any of your ability.

i have the upmost RESPECT for you, your teammates, and coaches. thats why we had those pic up.

i get so tried of fans ( mine included) running young kids and teams down. i will say this the players that post on here make more sense and show more respect than anyone else on here. we as adults could learn alot from you guys. you are the ones who know what goes on on the field of battle, and the competion you face. i can only pray that some day this web site will began to show more respect to what its about, and thats young men going to war with each other do do battle with another team.

hampton congradulation on back to back championships. i hope we get one someday. you played hard and made more plays than we did. good luck through out the rest of your season, and playoffs.

Adam again i will be praying for a great recovery. God answers prayers and i hope that its mine he answers. if so i will be going to watch you play at the next level. as i tell my players you are the one that gets you there based on your hard work in the classroom and the field. so get better and do what it takes to get there.

your friend and fan,

coach shelton

cosby high school

Edited by wasplayernowcoach

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

townsend and family. i pray that you will recover soon and are able to cont. to do what you do so well in the future. this thread is for you and you alone. we had articles of preseason previews, all the teams game articles, and stats. heck we even had the pic of you and jc ( i love that man but hes is not photogenic LOL) form the front page of the elizabethton star. we had pictures of you in every locker, and a few of your teammate lyons. with those pic we had the words "take him out" not in referance to hurt you but to take you out of your game. and the words "play maker" with lyons cause thats what he does. moday when we watched film i MADE the commint we needed to TAKE YOU OUT of your GAME not to hurt you. i guess someone saw that and assumed we were out to hurt you. i think you can understand this strategy to motivate players. you all did something like it with unaka.

i want you and your family to know that was not the case. i really dont care what anyone else thinks. i am NOT that kind of coach. i want to win but not at the expense of a player and his future. i was glad that the ref allowed me to come out when you went down. i knew you were hurt when you took the hit and was surprised to see you get up. that shows your toughness. you got twisted up pretty good. to be honest i thought you torn you knee to shreds. i was glad to hear it was a possible break. those can heal with you not loseing to much if any of your ability.

i have the upmost RESPECT for you, your teammates, and coaches. thats why we had those pic up.

i get so tried of fans ( mine included) running young kids and teams down. i will say this the players that post on here make more sense and show more respect than anyone else on here. we as adults could learn alot from you guys. you are the ones who know what goes on on the field of battle, and the competion you face. i can only pray that some day this web site will began to show more respect to what its about, and thats young men going to war with each other do do battle with another team.

hampton congradulation on back to back championships. i hope we get one someday. you played hard and made more plays than we did. good luck through out the rest of your season, and playoffs.

Adam again i will be praying for a great recovery. God answers prayers and i hope that its mine he answers. if so i will be going to watch you play at the next level. as i tell my players you are the one that gets you there based on your hard work in the classroom and the field. so get better and do what it takes to get there.

your friend and fan,

coach shelton

cosby high school

Extremely classy post from an extremely classy coach. I had always respected you and your team for what you had done this season, but when you came out on the field when Adam went down, showed me even more. I also seen the exchage between you and J.C. after the game and you could tell it was mutual admiration. There is no denying that you have transformed a team into what looks to be a certain challenger every year in this region. Good luck Shelton and team and hope (I think) we see you in the playoffs.

Adam, get well soon. It is going to be different on Friday nights now.

Coach Shelton, way to go, any of us with a brain knows it was an accident. To be honest ,even your players got cheated. They wanted a chance to stop a great player. They got robbed of their chance.Who knows ,if all goes well, they may have one more.

You guys do have a good team and don't let anyone tell you , you can't compete with the teams in region 2. Coalfields Coaches were there the other night and ,trust me ,you earned their respect. You didn't have it when they got there, different story when they lelt.

I wish you and your team well. Put the loss behind you ,refocus and get ready for the playoffs

On another note, do you think ,people might need to respect Hamptons passing game, I told you before the season ,they were going to be much improved. They may not throw it over 10 times a game, but people had better not go to sleep.

On another note, Didn't see any losers on the field the other night, Did notice several in the stands. Good luck and keep those boys focused.

your friend and fan,

coach shelton

cosby high school

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. We will all be praying for Adam's speedy recovery. First and formost, I want to thank God it wasn's alot worse. As his mamma already said, his heart is broken more than anything. Not only is Adam a great athelete, he is a great kid with lots of character on and off the field. As I tell my boy, Adam is a proven example that hard work pays off. Please continue to pray for him....you are right, God DOES answer prayers!

Coach Shelton, the Cosby coaching staff, Cosby players, parents and fans,

Adam, his dad and I would like to thank each and every one you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers for Adam. It is very touching to know that people can look past all the controversy surrounding this game and still have enough dignity to express concern for him. Again we thank you. We know in our hearts that noboby hurt Adam purposely and we only direct blame towards fate. It happened and we are dealing with it. Broken bones heal. Some people may think that all this is trivial, but to us and Adam, as many parents know, after Christ, family and friends, football is a way of life.

We wish the best to Cosby.

To Hampton's Coaches, players and fans,

We also want to thank you for all your concern. Over the weekend we have had a ton of visitors and phone calls and it is very nice to know that so many people care about Adam. You all have really helped us in dealing with this.

Adam never wears his heart on his sleeve, so we don't really know how he is actually dealing with this inside, but is strong and he will be okay. Adam told us that even though this may hurt his chances at getting a scholarship, he is more concerned that he let down his coaches and his team. We have explained to him that this is only a minor set back and not the end of football forever and he understands that. Adjustments will be made and life will go on. As for Hampton, they are a talented team with great coaches and they will be fine. As for Adam, he may not get the scholarship he was hoping for, but he can "walk on" anywhere and he will be fine.

Adam goes to the Orthopedic doctor Monday morning and we will know more about his situation then. Tim Cooke, Hampton's trainer and a PA at his ortho office, is very good at what is does. Adam is kind of a VIP there and Tim knows more about Adam's bones than anyone, so we know Adam will be taken care of.

To everyone else,

We, that are posting on CoachT, hiding behind a fake name and a monitor, should remember that the kids that we are calling names, making fun of and laughing at because of blown plays, missed assigments or injuries, are the same kids that have the heart and guts to bust their butts every day of the week to provide us with something to discuss on this site. Not one person (on this earth) is perfect. We all fail at something everyday and we were made to do so. Could you image how embarrassed we would be if there were sites like this one, set up for everyone to read, so that our bosses could discuss how we do our jobs, our spouses to discuss how we drive, or (the worst one) for our kids to discuss our parenting? We need to give them a break, they are only kids.

Again, many thanks and God bless you all.

The Townsends :thumb:

Edited by Mamma says...

Coach Shelton, the Cosby coaching staff, Cosby players, parents and fans,

Adam, his dad and I would like to thank each and every one you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers for Adam. It is very touching to know that people can look past all the controversy surrounding this game and still have enough dignity to express concern for him. Again we thank you. We know in our hearts that noboby hurt Adam purposely and we only direct blame towards fate. It happened and we are dealing with it. Broken bones heal. Some people may think that all this is trivial, but to us and Adam, as many parents know, after Christ, family and friends, football is a way of life.

We wish the best to Cosby.

To Hampton's Coaches, players and fans,

We also want to thank you for all your concern. Over the weekend we have had a ton of visitors and phone calls and it is very nice to know that so many people care about Adam. You all have really helped us in dealing with this.

Adam never wears his heart on his sleeve, so we don't really know how he is actually dealing with this inside, but is strong and he will be okay. Adam told us that even though this may hurt his chances at getting a scholarship, he is more concerned that he let down his coaches and his team. We have explained to him that this is only a minor set back and not the end of football forever and he understands that. Adjustments will be made and life will go on. As for Hampton, they are a talented team with great coaches and they will be fine. As for Adam, he may not get the scholarship he was hoping for, but he can "walk on" anywhere and he will be fine.

Adam goes to the Orthopedic doctor Monday morning and we will know more about his situation then. Tim Cooke, Hampton's trainer and a PA at his ortho office, is very good at what is does. Adam is kind of a VIP there and Tim knows more about Adam's bones than anyone, so we know Adam will be taken care of.

To everyone else,

We, that are posting on CoachT, hiding behind a fake name and a monitor, should remember that the kids that we are calling names, making fun of and laughing at because of blown plays, missed assigments or injuries, are the same kids that have the heart and guts to bust their butts every day of the week to provide us with something to discuss on this site. Not one person (on this earth) is perfect. We all fail at something everyday and we were made to do so. Could you image how embarrassed we would be if there were sites like this one, set up for everyone to read, so that our bosses could discuss how we do our jobs, our spouses to discuss how we drive, or (the worst one) for our kids to discuss our parenting? We need to give them a break, they are only kids.

Again, many thanks and God bless you all.

The Townsends :lol:

WOW!!! I am beside myself. This truly shows that good parenting and level headed people are still out there. I for one will step back and take a look at myself and how I conduct myself on this site. Thing do get a bit hectic and emotions somehow make it onto the keyboard, but I for one am ready to change. Trey, Jen, Hampton considers itself very fortunate to have been able to watch Adam play, since he was about 9, and look forward to him lacing his cleats again. It is an honor to know you and your family, and if we can all take the same approach that you do, this would be a better site. Thanks again, and keep us posted on Adam. :thumb:

To wasplayernowcoach,

Although it may not matter to you what others like myself think or believe, I am still going to comment on your posting.

I was glad to hear you admit that the pictures of Adam Townsend (and others) did exist and were in the Cosby locker room, and that the goal of your Cosby team was to take Townsend out of the game by stopping his runs, not injuring him. Although I do not necessarily agree with some of your motivational techniques, I admire you for your concern for Adam's health and recovery. I honestly believe you when you say the goal of the team was not to hurt Adam or any other Bulldog player.

In prior posts, I did express an opinion about the coaches and fans of Cosby not having any class. I sincerely regret my comments concerning you and the fans. Although there was some who acted inappropriately at the game, I should never have lumped all of Cosby's coaches and fans together into one category. I was definitely wrong about you, as you showed a lot of class by your posting. By the way, I definitely agree with "Mamma" Townsend concerning the inappropriate criticism of the players on this message board. It is totally uncalled for. The players should be respected for all their hard work.

I was in attendance at the Cosby/Hampton game and there were some things I didn't like such as the lousy officiating. Of course I only saw things as a Hampton fan. The music before the game was a little tacky. But the game was definitely one of the most exciting I have ever attended. I can't wait until Hampton and Cosby meet again.

As with other Hampton fans, our prayers are with Adam Townsend and his family. We are all praying for a full and speedy recovery for Adam.

Best regards,

hawkman

Go Dogs!!!

Edited by hawkman

I AM SURE THE KINDNESS OF COACH SHELTON ID VERY APPRECIATED BY THE TOWNSEND FAMILY, BUT I FEEL THAT IT NEEDS TO BE EXPRESSED TO THE STUDENTS OF COSBY THAT THE NASTY REMARKS ARE UNCALLED FOR, ESPECIALLY THOSE MADE BY A CERTAIN PERSON ON THE PREVIOUS COSBY & HAMPTON THREAD.......I AM SURE THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE WITHOUT MY SAYING SO........ADAM'S ACCIDENT WAS VERY UNFORTUNATE AND I AM SURE WITH THE TOUGHNESS AND DEDICATION HE HAS HE WILL BE BACK BEFORE WE KNOW IT WITH THE SAME DETERMINATION AND SKILL AS BEFORE......ADAM, WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOUR SPEEDY RECOVERY......AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU DO WHAT YOU DO BEST REALLY SOON.....GO BULLDOGS......GET WELL SOON ADAM....