my prayers for townsend

Hey Mamma,

If Adam wants to play more football, there are Many very good colleges that would be honored to have him. It's just a matter of us getting the word out.

Most of the players we watch on TV today have suffered similar injuries. They often come back stronger, fitter, better. With Adam's strength, conditioning and Work Ethic, there's no reason to see this as more than a minor setback; a mere adjustment.

And though this doesn't help the Bulldogs title quest, J. C. will be the first to tell you that's of secondary importance now. Hampton will be fine; they can still play with the best in Single A.

We - fans, writers, broadcasters - can seem a little heartless at times. Envy can bring out the worst in the best of us.

So, your son feels that he's let some people down? Well, I couldn't get outdoors much last year, but I kept hearing all this talk about this runningback at Hampton: Adam Townsend. This year, I made it a point to go to Hampton first chance I got. . . .just to watch your son play. Watching him run gave me goosebumps. I'm thankful that I got to see one of our best ever.

Edited by krichunaka

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Shelton, the Cosby coaching staff, Cosby players, parents and fans,

Adam, his dad and I would like to thank each and every one you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers for Adam. It is very touching to know that people can look past all the controversy surrounding this game and still have enough dignity to express concern for him. Again we thank you. We know in our hearts that noboby hurt Adam purposely and we only direct blame towards fate. It happened and we are dealing with it. Broken bones heal. Some people may think that all this is trivial, but to us and Adam, as many parents know, after Christ, family and friends, football is a way of life.

We wish the best to Cosby.

To Hampton's Coaches, players and fans,

We also want to thank you for all your concern. Over the weekend we have had a ton of visitors and phone calls and it is very nice to know that so many people care about Adam. You all have really helped us in dealing with this.

Adam never wears his heart on his sleeve, so we don't really know how he is actually dealing with this inside, but is strong and he will be okay. Adam told us that even though this may hurt his chances at getting a scholarship, he is more concerned that he let down his coaches and his team. We have explained to him that this is only a minor set back and not the end of football forever and he understands that. Adjustments will be made and life will go on. As for Hampton, they are a talented team with great coaches and they will be fine. As for Adam, he may not get the scholarship he was hoping for, but he can "walk on" anywhere and he will be fine.

Adam goes to the Orthopedic doctor Monday morning and we will know more about his situation then. Tim Cooke, Hampton's trainer and a PA at his ortho office, is very good at what is does. Adam is kind of a VIP there and Tim knows more about Adam's bones than anyone, so we know Adam will be taken care of.

To everyone else,

We, that are posting on CoachT, hiding behind a fake name and a monitor, should remember that the kids that we are calling names, making fun of and laughing at because of blown plays, missed assigments or injuries, are the same kids that have the heart and guts to bust their butts every day of the week to provide us with something to discuss on this site. Not one person (on this earth) is perfect. We all fail at something everyday and we were made to do so. Could you image how embarrassed we would be if there were sites like this one, set up for everyone to read, so that our bosses could discuss how we do our jobs, our spouses to discuss how we drive, or (the worst one) for our kids to discuss our parenting? We need to give them a break, they are only kids.

Again, many thanks and God bless you all.

The Townsends :thumb:

God works in mysterious ways. I pray that everything works out for the best for Adam. I hope you know that not all of Cosby's fans are as depicted by their ignorant remarks on Coach T. I am sure that you are not always proud of some of Hampton's fans also. We all need to realize that it is just a game. One winner and one loser each game. One win or one loss doesn't mean the end of the world. We need to remember to keep everything in perspective.

Adam keep your head up... You have not let anyone down. In fact you have inspired everyone on the team to do their very best..... You helped them get where they are today. With the detemination and sheer guts you've shown in the past I have no doubt that will fully recover and we will see you play again, hopefully in play-offs, if not in college. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

were praying for you Adam hope to see you in that bulldog #25 soon !

Keep us posted

Hope you heal quicky Adam, and able to play at the next level, and achieve your dream. However should things not work out. Remember a broken dream can be overcome by what got you where you are in the first place. Hard work and dedication. You are young and there is a lot of other things you can acheive. Even better than playing football. A lot of people played College football just to move on to something better than football. There is something about an athelete that makes him better at everything he does. Hard work and dedication can never be taken away with one play. Its like an egg. Its whats inside that matters.

Coach Shelton, the Cosby coaching staff, Cosby players, parents and fans,

Adam, his dad and I would like to thank each and every one you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers for Adam. It is very touching to know that people can look past all the controversy surrounding this game and still have enough dignity to express concern for him. Again we thank you. We know in our hearts that noboby hurt Adam purposely and we only direct blame towards fate. It happened and we are dealing with it. Broken bones heal. Some people may think that all this is trivial, but to us and Adam, as many parents know, after Christ, family and friends, football is a way of life.

We wish the best to Cosby.

To Hampton's Coaches, players and fans,

We also want to thank you for all your concern. Over the weekend we have had a ton of visitors and phone calls and it is very nice to know that so many people care about Adam. You all have really helped us in dealing with this.

Adam never wears his heart on his sleeve, so we don't really know how he is actually dealing with this inside, but is strong and he will be okay. Adam told us that even though this may hurt his chances at getting a scholarship, he is more concerned that he let down his coaches and his team. We have explained to him that this is only a minor set back and not the end of football forever and he understands that. Adjustments will be made and life will go on. As for Hampton, they are a talented team with great coaches and they will be fine. As for Adam, he may not get the scholarship he was hoping for, but he can "walk on" anywhere and he will be fine.

Adam goes to the Orthopedic doctor Monday morning and we will know more about his situation then. Tim Cooke, Hampton's trainer and a PA at his ortho office, is very good at what is does. Adam is kind of a VIP there and Tim knows more about Adam's bones than anyone, so we know Adam will be taken care of.

To everyone else,

We, that are posting on CoachT, hiding behind a fake name and a monitor, should remember that the kids that we are calling names, making fun of and laughing at because of blown plays, missed assigments or injuries, are the same kids that have the heart and guts to bust their butts every day of the week to provide us with something to discuss on this site. Not one person (on this earth) is perfect. We all fail at something everyday and we were made to do so. Could you image how embarrassed we would be if there were sites like this one, set up for everyone to read, so that our bosses could discuss how we do our jobs, our spouses to discuss how we drive, or (the worst one) for our kids to discuss our parenting? We need to give them a break, they are only kids.

The Townsends :blink:

For you to be able to feel the way you do about the accident, and to express that on this forum shows how truly classy you and your family are. As a mother myself I understand that your heart must be torn apart. Not for the physical pain Adam has endured, but for the heartache. When a Momma's baby hurts, a Momma hurts. It would be very easy for you to want to find someone or thing to put the blame on. My family and I will continue to pray for Adam and your family. I know that he's one Bulldog with plenty of fight in him. It's just a matter of time before he's back out there making you hold your breath again.

From one Mother to another, hang in there! :lol:

Sincerely,

Amanda Yoakum,

Coach Johnny Yoakum,

and our daughter

Christian Faith.

When Adam Townsend steps on the football field, all you have to do is look at him and you can see how hard he has worked. Now, he has had an accident. The work will not change. He's a warrior. I expect Adam will probably work harder. I remember Walter Payton when he had a broken leg. His rehab was unreal as was he. Adam reminds me of Walter.

Could you image how embarrassed we would be if there were sites like this one, set up for everyone to read, so that our bosses could discuss how we do our jobs, our spouses to discuss how we drive, or (the worst one) for our kids to discuss our parenting? We need to give them a break, they are only kids.

The Townsends :D

But could you imagine how good we would all feel to have a forum where 95% of the time our bosses, spouses, and kids tell us what a great job we do and how much they appreciate our efforts. Or, where a mom can thank all of the people who have made a tough situation better for her and her family?

Good luck to your son. I think he will do fine.

Again, we would like to thank everyone for their concern for Adam and give an update to those of you interested.

Adam goes in for surgery tomorrow @ 2pm to have a couple of pins put in his leg. :thumb: This is to ensure that the bone heals properly and prevents future damage. Also, while they are doing this, the docs also plan to go into the inner ankle and make sure there is no damage there (I don't like that part). We are understanding now that he will be in a cast for a couple of months, the first on crutches, then a possible walking cast to finish. Rehab, at some point and time. Approximately four to five months from now, they will go back in to remove the pins and he should be fine. ;) So, your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated.

WOW!!! I am beside myself. This truly shows that good parenting and level headed people are still out there. I for one will step back and take a look at myself and how I conduct myself on this site. Thing do get a bit hectic and emotions somehow make it onto the keyboard, but I for one am ready to change. Trey, Jen, Hampton considers itself very fortunate to have been able to watch Adam play, since he was about 9, and look forward to him lacing his cleats again. It is an honor to know you and your family, and if we can all take the same approach that you do, this would be a better site. Thanks again, and keep us posted on Adam. ;)

If you had not called me Jen, you would have still been a mystery to me, but now I know who you are and you better be nice. :thumb:;):o