Oak Ridge v. Soddy Daisy

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly win I guess with lots of turnovers. Need a good week of practice this week. I hear Stanton may be going to CAK.

Ole Dad

Well Dad what do think Tnbreakers will have to say about this rumor?

Talked to Archie last nite. He said you all had talked. And you're right ugly win (maybe they need to put a handle on footballs) but right now we'll take any type win we can get. And once again the Irby kid threw the ball too hard, he just can't get the right touch. Clark had his moments but he had his troubles also. Tyler Clark should be the starter for the rest of the year to get prepared for next year. JMO

Edited by bounder

Ugly win I guess with lots of turnovers. Need a good week of practice this week. I hear Stanton may be going to CAK.

Ole Dad

Sometimes you have to win ugly. The good teams somehow are able to win, even when they are not on top of their game.

I watched the Soddy/McMinn game, and Soddy had one good drive, and if it weren't for McMinn mistakes it would have been a blowout. I am assuming that this one would have been the same for Oak Ridge. You line these two teams up player to player, and Oak Ridge is easily bigger, better, faster, and so on.

You do have to hand it to Soddy to at least stay in the game when they are so outmanned. Maybe they are improving? Good luck to both teams.

The QB's rotated, Tyler Clark started.

This group of OR athletes are doing things better each game. First off, they have got the mentality of refuse to lose. That's tough facing the hole they dug, but it takes a real athlete to say OK, now let us fix it, instead of giving up. Secondly, I saw last night the team working better with each other, talking more on the field, comunicating better not only with each other, but the coaches. The support they were offering each other was some of the best I have seen all season. Ootlewah better not come onto the 'Ship thinking they can have this game. :D

I got some great pictures of the game last night, on both sides of the ball. They can be seen at:

Oak Ridge Football Boosters Picture Page

Pick it up this week in practice gentlemen, there is still a ways to go!

Edited by OakRidgeCat

ImaOWL, I HAVE to respond to something you stated on another thread that got locked. Just to straighten something out really...no disrespect to anyone. I don't have anything to say on the Stanton Stevens leaving or staying topic. BUT, with all due respect; last year's seniors took OR to the state championship. Their discipline, hard work, grit and determination and several years of ALOT of coaches working with them. That class was hailed as the "class to watch" when they came in as freshmen and they didn't disapoint. That class was the last freshman class to go undefeated and to win the freshman championship. Looks like we're gonna have another shot at that crown this year. And, this group of freshman bears watching. So, this isn't a Stevens dig. Just don't give him a majority of the credit. Some around say he deserves some of the credit for losing the big game. I don't know about that either. Who really knows when it's all said and done? That's over..can't replay it....But, don't forget that he didn't "make" those boys. They were "Lussier's boys" for 3 years and he definately left his mark on them. Sounds to me like a little of Lussier's discipline could be used around here right now.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Good post Jamjay! I guess we'll find out what you guys are talking about next Friday. It looks like Oak Ridge will play Ooltewah in the Freshman Championship. Ooltewah is also undefeated and blowing out everyone including JV teams. Should be a great game just like the one we are going to have next Friday!