Richland vs Houston

Raider47

I agree. I am not sure that Houston County coach deserves coach of the year with the things that he has had to overcome. Salutes go out to HOuston County for not giving up. After getting a win under their belt, they have played good football since. Who knows what would be happening had the field goal been good at the end of the Adamsville game.

I have said in another posts that the coaches of the year should be: Waverly, Adamsville if they beat Richland, and Houston County if they make the playoffs. In that order, should be the coaches of the year. Schools that have over achieved. Camden and Lewis County's coaches whoever wins that game. Bottomline, lot of good coaches in Region 6-2A.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said in another posts that the coaches of the year should be: Waverly, Adamsville if they beat Richland, and Houston County if they make the playoffs. In that order, should be the coaches of the year. Schools that have over achieved. Camden and Lewis County's coaches whoever wins that game. Bottomline, lot of good coaches in Region 6-2A.

I think you have made some good choices. Trey Graves has done a wonderful job at Waverly and is building a great program there. He has the kids believing that they can win. I vote for him too, but I'm just saying with the death of a player (Houston County) and the losing streak(Houston Co) which was one of the longest in the state, the way those kids fought through the year has to be really considered. I say him and Graves with a tie for coach of the year. How about that?

Edited by papatiger