Region 5-3A!

Big Country

Pre-Week 8 Region 5-3A Standings:

1.) Giles Co.: 7-0 (4-0): this week they play David Lipscomb

2.) Lipscomb: 6-1 (4-0): this week they play Giles Co.

3.) Marshall Co.: 3-5 (3-2): BYE WEEK

4.) Creek Wood: 3-4 (2-2): this week they play Cheatham Co.

5.) Spring Hill: 3-5 (2-3): BYE WEEK

6.) Cheatham Co.: 2-5 (1-3): this week they play Creek Wood

6.) Page: 2-5 (1-3): this week they play Montgomery Central

8.) Montgomery Central: 1-6 (0-4): this week they play Page

I'll start off with the game of the week which is the Giles Co.-Lipscomb battle. This one will determine the region champs as both teams come rolling in ranked in the Top Ten in all of Class 3A. Both teams are led by power running games yet both also have the ability to kill you through the air. That's why I forsee a shootout taking place in this one with Lipscomb coming out on the victorious end.

The easiest game to predict this week is the Montgomery Central-Page battle. The Patriots have lost two in a row but they have proven a couple of times already this year that you just can't count them out. Mont. Cent. appears to be a team that's already looking forward to basketball season and this week I don't see the results changing for them. Page wins in a blowout.

The game with the most playoff implications riding on it this week is the Creek Wood-Cheatham Co. contest. Creek Wood is coming in fresh off of a loss to region favorite Lipscomb but even with that loss they have played much better as of late. Cheatham Co. appeared to be the team that was going to take the biggest step towards the playoffs last week until their second half collapse. Playing at home on "Senior Night" will help the Cubs put that bad memory in their rear view mirror. With emotion and playoff implications on the line at home I like the Cubs to win.

NOTE: Marshall Co. & Spring Hill have byes this week because both played one another in week zero (Marshall Co. won that game) :rolleyes:

Post-Week 8 Predictions in Region 5-3A:

1.) David Lipscomb: 7-1 (5-0): (would own the head-to-head over Giles Co.)

2.) Giles Co.: 7-1 (4-1)

3.) Marshall Co.: 3-5 (3-2): beat Spring Hill & Creek Wood

4.) Spring Hill: 3-5 (2-3): beat Cheatham Co.

4.) Cheatham Co.: 3-5 (2-3): beat Marshall Co. (would own win over CW)

4.) Creek Wood: 3-5 (2-3): beat Page

4.) Page: 3-5 (2-3): beat Marshall Co.

8.) Montgomery Central: 1-7 (0-5)

PLEASE POST ANY PREDICTIONS OR QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would Marshall Co.'s chances be if they had held on against Page?

Had they won that game they'd be 100% in the playoffs :rolleyes:

The worst they could finish with that win would be 4-3 in the region and they'd hold the tiebreaker over Page, CW, & Spring Hill. They wouldn't have blown the Central game obviously and therefore they'd be a lock for the playoffs.

Really had they won that game they'd be 4-1 in the region and right there competing with Lipscomb and Giles for a region title :D

Big Country...if Montgomery Central wins out ...what does that do for the region???

Like I said....many surprises yet to come.

Page did beat Marshall co.... That along with a few other surprising wins by other teams against each other has made this year unpredictable.

I think that Region 6 has some of the same scenarios going on.

A lot of people think this region is down....but it is more of a case of young teams other than GC and DL finding their way.

Marshall co can still shake things up....but ???

Big Country...if Montgomery Central wins out ...what does that do for the region???

Like I said....many surprises yet to come.

Page did beat Marshall co.... That along with a few other surprising wins by other teams against each other has made this year unpredictable.

I think that Region 6 has some of the same scenarios going on.

A lot of people think this region is down....but it is more of a case of young teams other than GC and DL finding their way.

Marshall co can still shake things up....but ???

If Central wins out it would be a miracle. They have not seemed to play anyone close since their one point defeat against Waverly a few weeks back. Giles & Marshall Co. just beat them by a combined score of 96-6 the last two weeks :thumb:

The region is unpredictable. I'll disagree with mctiger in the fact that if Marshall wins one more game and gets to the playoffs they deserve it. They did not beat Creek Wood and Spring Hill by accident. The Page loss is costing them big right now but that's neither here or there. Spring Hill's win over the Cubs just helped them out tremendously this past week. Page should get right back in the race this week against the lowly Mont. Cent. Indians. Either Creek Wood is going to set themselves up nicely for the postseason this week or the Cubs are going to cause a potential 4-WAY tiebreaker for the final playoff spot (Marshall Co. would have to worry then). The Tigers do control their own destiny, which is a good thing, but not so good news for the Lewisburg faithful is the fact that Lipscomb and Giles are the final two games.

Lipscomb and Giles are both tremendous football teams ranked #5 & #9 respectively in this week's AP Poll. Giles is an experienced team that learned how to win last year down the stretch. This year they have an experienced winner from Lee (AL) running the show and that winning tradition is building right back up on the gridiron in Pulaski. Lipscomb is another way of spelling the word SUCCESS!!!

As for Region 6-3A the top team is Jackson South Side. They will likely finish the season at 10-0. The #2 seed will likely be decided when Fayette Ware plays Lexington next week (although Bolivar still has an outside shot at it). Liberty and Bolivar play in week ten and the winner of that one is going to be the fourth and final playoff team from that region.

I've seen them both, Cheatham is way better than Creek Wood.

Giles is having a big year for a change but DL blows them out &

Marshall County will beat them too if DL doesn't physically beat the

Tigers into oblivion.

I don't think that gets Marshall in the playoffs, but you'll have to ask

Big Country. He's the expert on all that.

Bulldog, disagree with you about the region. It is way DOWN. Last year

I thought the region was full of decent teams & outstanding players.

This year some good players are out there, but teamwise, teams 3-7

are really not very good.

I think the playoffs will prove me right on that.

I've seen them both, Cheatham is way better than Creek Wood.

Giles is having a big year for a change but DL blows them out &

Marshall County will beat them too if DL doesn't physically beat the

Tigers into oblivion.

I don't think that gets Marshall in the playoffs, but you'll have to ask

Big Country. He's the expert on all that.

Bulldog, disagree with you about the region. It is way DOWN. Last year

I thought the region was full of decent teams & outstanding players.

This year some good players are out there, but teamwise, teams 3-7

are really not very good.

I think the playoffs will prove me right on that.

If Marshall beats Giles and Cheatham wins out then Marshall is going to be a playoff team. The Cubs would be third and Marshall would hold any tiebreakers over Creek Wood & Spring Hill. They beat those teams head-to-head. The only worry Marshall has is whether or not Page wins out. If the Pats are in a three-way scenario with Marshall & Creek Wood then it's Creek Wood who'll be a playoff team. If Page is in a three-way with Marshall & Spring Hill then it will be the winner of the Page-Spring Hill game that will be headed to the playoffs.

There's no scenario out there that I haven't got jotted down yet folks. Some of them are just plain crazy and then again some of them are very reasonable. Just beat the teams that you are supposed to beat and you'll be playoff bound. When the postseason starts everybody goes back to 0-0. Sheffield (2-8) proved that last year when they shocked Dyersburg (10-0) in the opening round.