Region 5-3A!

Big Country

I've seen them both, Cheatham is way better than Creek Wood.

Giles is having a big year for a change but DL blows them out &

Marshall County will beat them too if DL doesn't physically beat the

Tigers into oblivion.

I don't think that gets Marshall in the playoffs, but you'll have to ask

Big Country. He's the expert on all that.

Bulldog, disagree with you about the region. It is way DOWN. Last year

I thought the region was full of decent teams & outstanding players.

This year some good players are out there, but teamwise, teams 3-7

are really not very good.

I think the playoffs will prove me right on that.

If you look at Region 6...you will see the same setup as in region 5. After the first 2 teams....there is a dogfight. Lexington is in the running and they lost a ton of people.

Peaking at the right time is important. One year we were 1-6 and finished 4-6 and slipped into the playoffs as a 4th seed and gave #1 Crockett all they could handle and lost on a very questionable spot at the end of the game when the officials said we weren't into the endzone and the Crockett players had alreeady hung their heads.....so don't count out the region 5 teams yet.

I think the two at the top are very strong.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at Region 6...you will see the same setup as in region 5. After the first 2 teams....there is a dogfight. Lexington is in the running and they lost a ton of people.

Peaking at the right time is important. One year we were 1-6 and finished 4-6 and slipped into the playoffs as a 4th seed and gave #1 Crockett all they could handle and lost on a very questionable spot at the end of the game when the officials said we weren't into the endzone and the Crockett players had alreeady hung their heads.....so don't count out the region 5 teams yet.

I think the two at the top are very strong.

That was 2001, my senior year, and we (Sycamore) lost two weeks later at Crockett Co. on a last second FG that hit the crossbar and bounced through the uprights. Crockett had 4 timeouts and square goal posts to work with that night but they did make the play in the end to win the game. That's all I'll ever say about that to this day.

That Crockett team barely squeaked by Page, Jackson South Side, & Sycamore (before beating an undermanned Covington team in the semifinals) on their way to Murfreesboro. They eventually lost to Austin East in the title game 27-21 (I THINK) and that Road Runner team was loaded to say the least.

Sorry for getting off-topic there folks but bulldog69 has brought up some bad memories with that last post :thumb:

You are so right about peaking at the right time can lead to a

nice playoff run.

But tell me, who's peaking ?

It might be a case of last man standing for the 3rd & 4th spots.

Marshall Co. won their last game after dropping four in a row.

Creek Wood lost their last game after winning three in a row.

Cheatham Co. has been very streaky this year.

Spring Hill won last week after losing three in a row.

Page has lost four out of their last five but that skid should end this week.

If any of these teams find their niche at any point in time this year the sky is the limit. Marshall has the experience and the athletes. Spring Hill is very athletic and if they can continue to learn how to win they'll be dangerous. The rest of them are young but the talent is there and bright futures are in store for all of them.

I've seen them both, Cheatham is way better than Creek Wood.

Giles is having a big year for a change but DL blows them out &

Marshall County will beat them too if DL doesn't physically beat the

Tigers into oblivion.

I don't think that gets Marshall in the playoffs, but you'll have to ask

Big Country. He's the expert on all that.

Bulldog, disagree with you about the region. It is way DOWN. Last year

I thought the region was full of decent teams & outstanding players.

This year some good players are out there, but teamwise, teams 3-7

are really not very good.

I think the playoffs will prove me right on that.

Wrong!!! just stick ta what big country says

Wait and see. Giles County better watch out for the Tigers.

It depends on which Marshall team shows up. Will it be the one that beat Spring Hill & Creek Wood or will it be the one that got hammered by Cheatham and lost at home to Page??????? I'll take Giles Co. because it will be "Senior Night" in Pulaski and they'll have a shot to lock up a home playoff game (that's if they lose to Lipscomb). They'll also remember how it was Marshall Co. who put an end to what looked to be a magical second half run last year.

It depends on which Marshall team shows up. Will it be the one that beat Spring Hill & Creek Wood or will it be the one that got hammered by Cheatham and lost at home to Page??????? I'll take Giles Co. because it will be "Senior Night" in Pulaski and they'll have a shot to lock up a home playoff game (that's if they lose to Lipscomb). They'll also remember how it was Marshall Co. who put an end to what looked to be a magical second half run last year.

The winner may well be the team that doesn't get bloodied up the most

by DL.

Haven't seen Giles, but in the back of their minds they've got to know

they haven't beaten the Tigers in a long time.

If Marshall beats Giles and Cheatham wins out then Marshall is going to be a playoff team. The Cubs would be third and Marshall would hold any tiebreakers over Creek Wood & Spring Hill. They beat those teams head-to-head. The only worry Marshall has is whether or not Page wins out. If the Pats are in a three-way scenario with Marshall & Creek Wood then it's Creek Wood who'll be a playoff team. If Page is in a three-way with Marshall & Spring Hill then it will be the winner of the Page-Spring Hill game that will be headed to the playoffs.

There's no scenario out there that I haven't got jotted down yet folks. Some of them are just plain crazy and then again some of them are very reasonable. Just beat the teams that you are supposed to beat and you'll be playoff bound. When the postseason starts everybody goes back to 0-0. Sheffield (2-8) proved that last year when they shocked Dyersburg (10-0) in the opening round.

Good Breakdown. Just wondering what happens if Marshall beats Giles (2nd string QB) and Cheatham and Spring Hill win out. THe way I'm looking at it, Marshall has the tie breaker over Spring Hill, Spring Hill has the tie breaker over Cheatham, and Cheatham has the tie breaker over Marshall. All three would finish with overall records of 5-5 and region records of 4-3. Hopefully Giles pulls it out and the Raiders can wind up 3rd (no disrespect to Page) :thumb:

Good Breakdown. Just wondering what happens if Marshall beats Giles (2nd string QB) and Cheatham and Spring Hill win out. THe way I'm looking at it, Marshall has the tie breaker over Spring Hill, Spring Hill has the tie breaker over Cheatham, and Cheatham has the tie breaker over Marshall. All three would finish with overall records of 5-5 and region records of 4-3. Hopefully Giles pulls it out and the Raiders can wind up 3rd (no disrespect to Page) :thumb:

Marshall would be the odd team out due to overall win total (4). Both SH & CC would have five overall wins.

Region Standing Post Week 8:

1.) Lipscomb: 7-1 (5-0)

2.) Giles Co.: 7-1 (4-1)

3.) Marshall Co.: 3-5 (3-2): beat SH & CW

4.) Spring Hill: 3-5 (2-3): beat Cheatham

4.) Cheatham Co.: 3-5 (2-3): beat CW & Marshall

4.) Creek Wood: 3-5 (2-3): beat Page

4.) Page: 3-5 (2-3): beat Marshall

8.) Montgomery Central: 1-7 (0-5)

My picks were 3/3 tonight :D