Knoxville Halls Basketball

ProVol90

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell[/url]Fan' post='826183164' date='Oct 10 2006 - 08:45 PM']

Another 30+ point loss to the panthers

This same powell team beat this same halls team as 8th graders in middle school, They beat them last year by 35 in the District

So we know it is going to happen again

Halls with have another underachieving season

what starters did halls loose?... and Lee Smith was a big part of that win for powell during district last year... but who is to know.. it should be a good game

Edited by He~Hate~Me

what starters did halls loose?... and Lee Smith was a big part of that win for powell during district last year... but who is to know.. it should be a good game

IrishBball:

How about you keep Hargis' name out of your mouth. I don't like people who pretend to be coaches talking crap on the internet about my players. I don't get on here and talk about Catholic's players, so how about just shutting up?

We were missing 2 starters pretty much the whole fall league like someone said earlier with Varner going to the state in golf and Cooper playin football. We don't lose any starters from last year and Powell only loses one or two, and Oak Ridge just reloads every year. I think it will be a dog fight between those 3 teams all season!

Hargis is a great player and a great talker and that is a major part of his game. That is absolutely nothing against him because I love the kid! I played all summer with him! He can get in people's heads and under their skin very easily causing them to play bad. He doesn't talk much during the Halls/Powell game because the teams have so much respect for each other and he knows we can take it but it really bothers some other teams. I think he is a better baseball player than basketball player but he is a heck of a basketball player!

Halls/Powell is an amazing rivalry but I guarantee neither of the teams will even think about those games until they come. The players and coaches view it as just another important district game.

As Always....Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

Halls had their whole team at Oak Ridge's fall league and squeeked out a win against the Wildcats. Oak Ridge was missing 2-3 starters and a lot of bench players. Oak Ridge should win that league and Halls is definately not as good as Farragut or Maryville.

Maryville is not that good this year and they won't have much until football is over. As usual it will take them over half the season to gel, Farragut should be tough and don't count out William Blount.

IrishBball:

How about you keep Hargis' name out of your mouth. I don't like people who pretend to be coaches talking crap on the internet about my players. I don't get on here and talk about Catholic's players, so how about just shutting up?

Not pretending to be a coach/player/fan just calling it like I and several others see it. By the way that wasn't you coaching the Powell guys against Bearden in the fall league was it? Not much of a violation there is it???? HS coaches including volunteers that are associated with the school can't coach then. And seeing the way Ogan stormed out of the gym after losing to us the second time, he's starting to tire of some of the antics of his players. I guess it's ok to act like that when you're winning but looks much worse while losing. I've got no problem with enthusiasm but clapping in opponents faces is borderline taunting and thers's no Lee Smith there to get their back now. Also during the Loudon game, H*rg*s (since I can't use his name) went over to the Loudon part of the stands in the 4th quarter and told the mothers and girlfriends sitting there that "My girlfriend is better looking than any of you" What's that got to do with the game? But as one Loudon mom said. " I would hope so. We're 40 years older and obviously much smarter than she is"

Not pretending to be a coach/player/fan just calling it like I and several others see it. By the way that wasn't you coaching the Powell guys against Bearden in the fall league was it? Not much of a violation there is it???? HS coaches including volunteers that are associated with the school can't coach then. And seeing the way Ogan stormed out of the gym after losing to us the second time, he's starting to tire of some of the antics of his players. I guess it's ok to act like that when you're winning but looks much worse while losing. I've got no problem with enthusiasm but clapping in opponents faces is borderline taunting and thers's no Lee Smith there to get their back now. Also during the Loudon game, H*rg*s (since I can't use his name) went over to the Loudon part of the stands in the 4th quarter and told the mothers and girlfriends sitting there that "My girlfriend is better looking than any of you" What's that got to do with the game? But as one Loudon mom said. " I would hope so. We're 40 years older and obviously much smarter than she is"

That is laughable. I'm not Isaac Conner. He's a lawyer in Nashville and only coached one weekend when the other coach was out of town. He's not a volunteer coach. I am. I was in the stands and the Catholic's players gave as well as they got. Near the end of the game, it was a Catholic player clapping in Hargis' face. And no, I don't coach in the Fall League. So, sorry to disappoint you, no violations.

As for our players, I will admit that they play very agressively and sometimes get close to "the line". I can't really do much about in Fall League, but it is something that we keep an eye on. You will get more chances to watch our team in person this year. Maybe you can come and introduce yourself to me so that we can discuss basketball. I've been wanting to meet you for quite a while.

That is laughable. I'm not Isaac Conner. He's a lawyer in Nashville and only coached one weekend when the other coach was out of town. He's not a volunteer coach. I am. I was in the stands and the Catholic's players gave as well as they got. Near the end of the game, it was a Catholic player clapping in Hargis' face. And no, I don't coach in the Fall League. So, sorry to disappoint you, no violations.

As for our players, I will admit that they play very agressively and sometimes get close to "the line". I can't really do much about in Fall League, but it is something that we keep an eye on. You will get more chances to watch our team in person this year. Maybe you can come and introduce yourself to me so that we can discuss basketball. I've been wanting to meet you for quite a while.

I don't have problem with aggressive play. I know you all keep an eye on behavior but it's hard to break bad habits. You neglected to mention that the Catholic player only clapped after Hargis had tackled him and was called for the intentional foul. There are only two players that I think exceed the boundries and cross the line. The other isn't Conner. I respect the way he plays hard and aggressive. As a matter of fact, I chose to give him the MVP trophy at a Thanksgiving freshman tourney at Catholic because he played with class and talentespecially compared to a teammate that outplayed and outscored him (and I did catch grief for not namingthe other player MVP). I look forward to seeing you at our Christmas tourney.

I was obviously misinformed on your fall coaching. I was told the coach was a volunteer at Powell but they were mistaken. Congrats to Issac on his career.

thanx for the answer to my question there moc daddy

I think the only starter being replaced at Halls is Graham Benson (sp?)

My guess is that they start Sharpe, Segers, Varner and Cantrell. I don't know who the fifth starter will be. JJ Cooper will be a dangerous player if he improved his ball handling over the summer. He is very good as a spotup shooter.

I think the only starter being replaced at Halls is Graham Benson (sp?)

My guess is that they start Sharpe, Segers, Varner and Cantrell. I don't know who the fifth starter will be. JJ Cooper will be a dangerous player if he improved his ball handling over the summer. He is very good as a spotup shooter.

Graham didnt only started one game last year and that was senior night....Gary Copper, a sophomore started every game except for one last year and he will be returning this year.