District Tournament Upsets and Dark Horses

DonCChatt

Anybody what to make a predictions on possible upsets in the district tournaments next week?

Considering how much they have been beating each other up this season, I'd say one possible upset might come from AAA District 11. I can't say who exactly, though. Another possible area that might see an upset is D2 Middle.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D2 Middle is wide open. BA, Ryan, BGA, and JPII will battle, but Harpeth Hall is MUCH better than they are getting credit for.

I think the first round will be:

BA vs Winner of #8 Play-In

Ryan vs St. Cecilia

BGA vs Ensworth

Harpeth Hall vs JPII

That is what it looks like right now anyway, who knows what the end of the week will bring.

I just redid the math and I was completely wrong, seems like this isn't my night!

I think that it will be:

BA vs #8

Ryan vs St. Cecilia

BGA vs JPII

Ensworth vs Harpeth Hall

Since I am a coach and a Dad, picking an upset would be a really stupid thing for me to do. ( Not that I don't do enough stupid things already but I don't need your help!!)

Anybody what to make a predictions on possible upsets in the district tournaments next week?

Considering how much they have been beating each other up this season, I'd say one possible upset might come from AAA District 11. I can't say who exactly, though. Another possible area that might see an upset is D2 Middle.

Does anyone know of any sites where the district brackets would be listed. I tried tssaa.org but could not locate anything specific on next weeks district games.

Does anyone know of any sites where the district brackets would be listed. I tried tssaa.org but could not locate anything specific on next weeks district games.

The best place in the state to find these brackets is right here... I'll start a pined topic for district scores only. Hope that helps.

In District 11 AAA, Since Centennial beat Brentwood and Franklin and are the #1 seed in the district they would have to be the favorite, but I don't think it would be a huge surprise to see Brentwood or Franklin beat them and win the District tournament. It's all about who brings their A game for 3 games in a row.

The darkhorse would be Independence, they have some very good players and have shown that they can play with and beat top teams during the course of the year. They are a very dangerous team on the attack. I f they can score early and get a lead they could be very hard to come back on. Would not be a huge surprise to see them advance. They must get by Ravenwood in their 1st game to likely take on Franklin in the 2nd round.

The final Standings as best I know (not sure exactly how reagular season games with Independence count so I'm not including them on the "strong" side results. It wouldn't change the seedings anyway because of head-to-head results)

"Less Strong Side"

#1 Independence

Not sure about the rest, they however must faced crossover games in 1st round.

"Strong Side"

#1 Centennial 3-0-0

#2 Brentwood 2-1-0

#3 Franklin 1-2-0

#4 Ravenwood 0-3-0

At this stage it's all about survive and advance. Ain't got to be pretty, just has to be a Win.

:lol::o:o

Just a question from a parent:

How late or at what point does a coach have to submit a final roster to TSSAA of all girls that will be eligible to play in post season?

:ph34r: Our coach last year decided not to bring any JV players up to Varsity and carry extra bodies into post season. Starters got hurt, injured, couldn't play and one just got sick; if I remember correctly :blink: . He ended up with quite a short bench of substitutes.

I was just wondering if there is a TSSAA rule about finalizing your roster before post season play begins?

:lol::o:o

Just a question from a parent:

How late or at what point does a coach have to submit a final roster to TSSAA of all girls that will be eligible to play in post season?

:ph34r: Our coach last year decided not to bring any JV players up to Varsity and carry extra bodies into post season. Starters got hurt, injured, couldn't play and one just got sick; if I remember correctly :blink: . He ended up with quite a short bench of substitutes.

I was just wondering if there is a TSSAA rule about finalizing your roster before post season play begins?

I don't think there is a limit... there have been times when players have been added in the state tournament semi-finals. (they would have to be eligible, of course)

There is a limit to the roster that you can dress out in the tournament, though. I think it is 25.

In District 11 AAA, Since Centennial beat Brentwood and Franklin and are the #1 seed in the district they would have to be the favorite, but I don't think it would be a huge surprise to see Brentwood or Franklin beat them and win the District tournament. It's all about who brings their A game for 3 games in a row.

The darkhorse would be Independence, they have some very good players and have shown that they can play with and beat top teams during the course of the year. They are a very dangerous team on the attack. I f they can score early and get a lead they could be very hard to come back on. Would not be a huge surprise to see them advance. They must get by Ravenwood in their 1st game to likely take on Franklin in the 2nd round.

The final Standings as best I know (not sure exactly how reagular season games with Independence count so I'm not including them on the "strong" side results. It wouldn't change the seedings anyway because of head-to-head results)

"Less Strong Side"

#1 Independence

Not sure about the rest, they however must faced crossover games in 1st round.

"Strong Side"

#1 Centennial 3-0-0

#2 Brentwood 2-1-0

#3 Franklin 1-2-0

#4 Ravenwood 0-3-0

At this stage it's all about survive and advance. Ain't got to be pretty, just has to be a Win.

Thanks kickgrass. That is what I thought also with Franklin falling to the No. 3 seed on the "Strong" side but I heard last night that the Franklin players were told that they would play either Brentwood or Centennial depending upon the outcome of their game with Hillsboro and the outcome of the Independence-Ravenwood game. If that is true, it blows up the theory of seeding strong and weak sides. It doesn't matter much though, as 2 good teams will not advance. As you said, it is all about which teams are healthy and bring their "A" games each night.

Lefty I think you are correct.

Based upon last year, Independence is a #1 seed on their side and a #1 seed will not play another #1 seed in the semi-finals. So if Ravenwood beats Independence: Ravenwood will play Centennial in the semi-finals and Franklin will play Brentwood. If Independence beats Ravenwood: Franklin will play Centennial and Independence will play Brentwood.

I