Wilson Central Transfers

greenevillefan

hold the bus! i agree hs ball should come first!!!!

butttttttt the guys post your attacking is one of the classier coaches in aau!

hes trying to put together a team for next year and im sure this is just a tryout situation and will not be an ongoing season practice

alan hale and the trotters(ran by jeff kyle) are one of the organzations that do things the right way and keep the girls at heart.

its definately not about money with them

and im an oppposing aau coach! im not with the trotter organization!

i know you just randomly took a post for an example but be careful who you lump into that evil empire section of aau basketball!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that AAU has a place and it is surely not 1st. I had an AAU coach tell me that he thinks that it's stupid for me to want some of my top players playing with my weaker players over the summer. The top players should be playing solely AAU and nothing with the team. "They are only going to be making the other girls better and not themselves". When he said that, I was like... who do they have to play with when the season comes? Those same weaker players are the ones' they are going to have to depend on, but they can't depend on them during the summer because you have AAU STATE's that seem to be every freakin weekend in the summer. Will someone explain that to me, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! High school coaches only get 10 days of team on team competition and we have a 2 week dead period in July. Just give me my girls for June untouched and you can have them in July. In the spring we have like 15 days to get 8 practices in and 2 scrimmages. All of that time that was set aside was for a reason, we need that time. I've had some AAU coaches call and ask when we were going to have stuff in the summer so that they can schedule around what we are doing. I really appreciated it. On the other side, I had one coach tell a player of mine that she couldn't come to STATE'S if she didn't come to practice on a night we had a scrimmage. Guess what, she didn't come to our scrimmage. I expressed my views on how it would be handled and that it was not fair to the team for her AAU coach to dictate when she can practice with her school. This created a major problem and the kid was about to transfer because of what I said about the AAU stuff. Now, I understood that the player played AAU in the summer but in MS, I'm use to the kids being committed to their high school first and not AAU. I hate it that some AAU coaches place in these parents heads that AAU is the only way that their kid will get into college. I know I work the emails and send tapes and make calls and this is just my second year as a high school head coach. So I wish something useful would be done about the issue with AAU. Now, I plan on having yet another special parent meeting this Winter to talk to all of them about having a real program that last past one team. My middle school was a good program, not just a good team. We were successful because the parents believed in the program. I guess it comes with the territory when you are rebuilding from the ground up.

Edited by coachgat

coacht doesn't like for the names of the kids to be posted, talk about the situation but not the kids, besides if you knew anything about girls basketball in middle tennessee you would already know who they are.

I'm not worried about the situation at all,I could care less right now as long as they follow the rules.As a supporter of Wilson County teams(just now getting into winter sports,new to this whole thing) in general I was just curious what the names were,but don't worry about it now.No need to bite my head off over something like this.

Edited by Jimmyjones9999

I think that AAU has a place and it is surely not 1st. I had an AAU coach tell me that he thinks that it's stupid for me to want some of my top players playing with my weaker players over the summer. The top players should be playing solely AAU and nothing with the team. "They are only going to be making the other girls better and not themselves". When he said that, I was like... who do they have to play with when the season comes? Those same weaker players are the ones' they are going to have to depend on, but they can't depend on them during the summer because you have AAU STATE's that seem to be every freakin weekend in the summer. Will someone explain that to me, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! High school coaches only get 10 days of team on team competition and we have a 2 week dead period in July. Just give me my girls for June untouched and you can have them in July. In the spring we have like 15 days to get 8 practices in and 2 scrimmages. All of that time that was set aside was for a reason, we need that time. I've had some AAU coaches call and ask when we were going to have stuff in the summer so that they can schedule around what we are doing. I really appreciated it. On the other side, I had one coach tell a player of mine that she couldn't come to STATE'S if she didn't come to practice on a night we had a scrimmage. Guess what, she didn't come to our scrimmage. I expressed my views on how it would be handled and that it was not fair to the team for her AAU coach to dictate when she can practice with her school. This created a major problem and the kid was about to transfer because of what I said about the AAU stuff. Now, I understood that the player played AAU in the summer but in MS, I'm use to the kids being committed to their high school first and not AAU. I hate it that some AAU coaches place in these parents heads that AAU is the only way that their kid will get into college. I know I work the emails and send tapes and make calls and this is just my second year as a high school head coach. So I wish something useful would be done about the issue with AAU. Now, I plan on having yet another special parent meeting this Winter to talk to all of them about having a real program that last past one team. My middle school was a good program, not just a good team. We were successful because the parents believed in the program. I guess it comes with the territory when you are rebuilding from the ground up.

All decent AAU programs let high school come first...I'm not aware of any that don't......but if they don't then that might not be the place to send your kids......just a thought.

All decent AAU programs let high school come first...I'm not aware of any that don't......but if they don't then that might not be the place to send your kids......just a thought.

This was in place before I got there. That particular organization is not where I would send them. Ofcourse, this is all on the parents. I've talked to the parents about it but they have a loyalty thing with this particular coach and organization.

Everyone is turning this against AAU. What about the high school coach who says

"if you miss the bus ride down to team camp because of an AAU State Tournament game", then your OFF the high school team.

It works both ways. If AAU is so bad, then why do all the top players continue to play?

"if you miss the bus ride down to team camp because of an AAU State Tournament game", then your OFF the high school team.

It works both ways. If AAU is so bad, then why do all the top players continue to play?

Good point there,the plot thickens....

I didn't say that AAU is bad. It's only bad when you have control freak AAU coaches that brainwash the parents into thinking that they only can make it to college by playing AAU in the summer and not with their team. If you have a player that is suppose to be the leader/captain and they are never at the team functions how can they lead if they are not there? How is it fair to the other girls that put the team first? Forget I said fair, how is it RIGHT. So we are suppose to have double standards for the girls that are better? Because you are so good, you don't have to come to the TEAM CAMP. So aren't they a part of the team?

I believe the sole purpose of aau, is to make the player better for the school team. This is just my opinion and the way I have always felt about it. I believe that if aau and the school have a conflict, I would advise my child to choose the school. Again, this is my opinion, and it is not worth too much. :lol:

AAU is there too make players better for the high school team period. If a high school coach was to tells me that i have to ride down with the team, guess what im doing what the high school coach tells me. Even if that means leaving my aau team at a game. AAU is second.

Well, I agree with you Mailman. But your two new transfers and their parents don't agree with us, and thats why you'll be cheering for them instead of against them this year.