Top 10 Teams In The State

baseballa28

Baseballa.....Outstanding Post!!!!!! Wow!!!! Detailed, well-thought out, and you even have my sleeper pick of Craigmont as well!!!

Can't argue with your top 5. Ridgeway, with Nick Walls, Martino Brock, Jason Jones, Derrick Mason, etc is going to be flat out tough to beat. The scary thing is Brock, Mason, and Jones all return next year too!!!

White Station will be good too, with Miller, Bynum, Buggs, Cade, Durham, etc leading the way...

MLK may be a bit high...

Oakland will make a run at the Top 10, with one of the state's best coaches in King, a great backcourt in Allen and Wade, and a much improved 6'8 Kit Carlton in the middle...

Mt. Juliet, like Craigmont, is a sleeper team. They have a great coach in Allen, an oustanding duo of PG Craig and 6'6 wing Dixon, and size inside with 6'6 Payne, plus role players... This team could make noise...

Metro's Whites Creek and Antioch will also push for Top 10 status...

Clarksville High could be very good and should put up a great record this year, and would make a run at top 15...

Look for Memphis Overton to be a sleeper team. Ronald Sampson is an explosive wing. Derrick Warren is a very underrated PG. Sergio Kerush should dominate the HS level on the block with his athleticism at 6'5. This team has the pieces to be very good...

Haywood Co and BTW could both surprise, though both may be a year away with great Junior Classes, Haywood led by Taylor, Greer, and Jones. Senior Comaige is a scoring machine; BTW led by Ware and (the other small guard I can't remember his name). 6'9 Sr Hampton makes BTW a real threat this year.

Though RE is going to be great, don't count out Hamilton as the best team in AAA just because they lost Williams and Watkins. No team in the state has a better trio than Strong, Gilchrest, and Hunter. Add in 6'6 wing transfer Donald Harris, who can really stroke it, and Hamilton is still loaded...

Also, little known Pioneer Christian has a chance to be put in the Top 10 discussion. Though no seniors on the team, 6'7 high major wing Wilkes leads this bunch, who will be at the Liberty Play day, and also plays Oak Hill this year. Watch for Freshman PG Garrett to become one of the states best guards in the future....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseballa.....Outstanding Post!!!!!! Wow!!!! Detailed, well-thought out, and you even have my sleeper pick of Craigmont as well!!!

Can't argue with your top 5. Ridgeway, with Nick Walls, Martino Brock, Jason Jones, Derrick Mason, etc is going to be flat out tough to beat. The scary thing is Brock, Mason, and Jones all return next year too!!!

White Station will be good too, with Miller, Bynum, Buggs, Cade, Durham, etc leading the way...

MLK may be a bit high...

Oakland will make a run at the Top 10, with one of the state's best coaches in King, a great backcourt in Allen and Wade, and a much improved 6'8 Kit Carlton in the middle...

Mt. Juliet, like Craigmont, is a sleeper team. They have a great coach in Allen, an oustanding duo of PG Craig and 6'6 wing Dixon, and size inside with 6'6 Payne, plus role players... This team could make noise...

Metro's Whites Creek and Antioch will also push for Top 10 status...

Clarksville High could be very good and should put up a great record this year, and would make a run at top 15...

Look for Memphis Overton to be a sleeper team. Ronald Sampson is an explosive wing. Derrick Warren is a very underrated PG. Sergio Kerush should dominate the HS level on the block with his athleticism at 6'5. This team has the pieces to be very good...

Haywood Co and BTW could both surprise, though both may be a year away with great Junior Classes, Haywood led by Taylor, Greer, and Jones. Senior Comaige is a scoring machine; BTW led by Ware and (the other small guard I can't remember his name). 6'9 Sr Hampton makes BTW a real threat this year.

Though RE is going to be great, don't count out Hamilton as the best team in AAA just because they lost Williams and Watkins. No team in the state has a better trio than Strong, Gilchrest, and Hunter. Add in 6'6 wing transfer Donald Harris, who can really stroke it, and Hamilton is still loaded...

Also, little known Pioneer Christian has a chance to be put in the Top 10 discussion. Though no seniors on the team, 6'7 high major wing Wilkes leads this bunch, who will be at the Liberty Play day, and also plays Oak Hill this year. Watch for Freshman PG Garrett to become one of the states best guards in the future....

i'm pretty sure derrick mason transfered to fairley but someone correct me if i am wrong

I know Pioneer Christian is not TSSAA, but the thread said "Top 10 Teams in the State"... And pioneer could be one of them by season's end, with a coach that can win (Reed) size (Wilkes 6'7, Cecil Coleman 6'6, Robert Elam 6'5), and guard play (Garrett, Kalen Jones). Again, with no seniors, watch for this team to be very very good by next year!!!

Also, not sure of supporting cast, but St. George's could be very good, especially be next year, with two of the Top 10 Class of 08 players in the State and nation, in 6'4 G Elliott Williams and 6'7 Lawrence Bowers...

Crippler, yeah actually i heard something about that. Let me know if you hear if it is fact that Mason tranferred. If true, Fairley becomes more of a player as well, with a tough, defensive oriented system, and Mason to go along with underrated 6'5 wing William Green...

Also, does anyone know if 6'6 post Dasmine Cathey is playing this year for Ridgeway?? I know he is one of the state's best football prospects, but if he is coming back for another year of hoops, then Ridgeway becomes just that much tougher- Cathey is a beat down low in the post...

Edited by gomab2

I know Pioneer Christian is not TSSAA, but the thread said "Top 10 Teams in the State"... And pioneer could be one of them by season's end, with a coach that can win (Reed) size (Wilkes 6'7, Cyrus 6'6, Robert 6'5), and guard play (Garrett, Kalen Jones). Again, with no seniors, watch for this team to be very very good by next year!!!

Also, not sure of supporting cast, but St. George's could be very good, especially be next year, with two of the Top 10 Class of 08 players in the State and nation, in 6'4 G Elliott Williams and 6'7 Bowers...

Crippler, yeah actually i heard something about that. Let me know if you hear if it is fact that Mason tranferred. If true, Fairley becomes more of a player as well, with a tough, defensive oriented system, and Mason to go along with underrated 6'5 wing William Green...

Gomab, where did all of these guys at pioneer come from?

Darnell Wilkes, 6'7 wing, was originally at Kenwood in Clarksville, then moved to Missouri. He is now back in Middle Tn...

Cecil Coleman, 6'6 F/wing is from Tampa, Fl...

Rober Elam, 6'5 F is from South Carolina...

Kaymon Garrett, PG, is a freshman from Nashville, Top 10 in state in 2010...

Kalen Jones, I think previously attended McGavock...

Though young, with no seniors, Pioneer will be well coached and very talented.

Darnell Wilkes, 6'7 wing, was originally at Kenwood in Clarksville, then moved to Missouri. He is now back in Middle Tn...

Cecil Coleman, 6'6 F/wing is from Tampa, Fl...

Rober Elam, 6'5 F is from South Carolina...

Kaymon Garrett, PG, is a freshman from Nashville, Top 10 in state in 2010...

Kalen Jones, I think previously attended McGavock...

Though young, with no seniors, Pioneer will be well coached and very talented.

Thanks Gomab, but when did Pioneer Christian become a basketball Mecca and who is coach Reed?

I wanted to start a topic that there are a lot of opinions on so here is my top 10.

1. Liberty Tech.- (Return 4 starters from last years 34-3 AA State Championship team and it helps that the player that is filling the starting spot happens to be Josh Sain who is ranked the number 8 player in the state according to Tennessee Prep Hoops)

2. Raleigh Egypt- (Return 4 starters from a team that made a final four appearance in last years AAA state tournament. Maurice Miller will lead the way for this team and when you have that you have a key ingridient for success.)

3. Hamilton- (Lost two key starters from last years undefeated team but return one of the best senior classes in the state with Strong, Hunter, and Gilchrist. They aren't going to be as big as last year but they will definitely still be very fast.)

4. Bradley Central- (They have height with Groothius and Dodd, and they have the sharp shooting Terrence Oglesby. They have a very good senior class that is primed and ready to take Central back to the promised land)

5. Ridgeway- (So much talent back form last years squad that it is hard to keep the Roadrunners out of the top 5.)

6. MLK- (This team has always been in the running to make it to state the past couple of years and with Gerald Robinson having his recruitment out of the way he will be ready to lead them to make a run for the gold ball.)

7. White Station- (Still very young but are also experienced because they only lose 1 senior off last years team and want everyone to recognize that they are still White Station and you better come ready to play this young and energetic team.)

8. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>- (They lost Brandan Wright to North Carolina and Josh Bone to Southern Illinois but still return a lineup more than capable to win the 5th straight Division 2 title. Let's face it these guys know how to win and will do a good job at it.)

9. Craigmont- (The surprise team. They return a lineup that has size, speed, and athleticism. They will be lead by junior Terrico White, and seniors Josh Street and Gabriel McCulley. They will be a force to be reckoned with come tourney time.)

10. Bolivar Central- (Their Bolivar and they don't rebuild, they reload. Granted they are young but they also have lots of experience and Rick Rudesil will get them ready for whatever they are going to go up against this year.)

BA is too low, they have an incredible fresh. and soph. class along with good leadership, they will probably take DII again, don't be surprised if they knock off liberty - they're just as athletic and just as well coached.

Union City???? They arent goin to finsh first in their district if anyone it would be lc in the top ten

BA is too low, they have an incredible fresh. and soph. class along with good leadership, they will probably take DII again, don't be surprised if they knock off liberty - they're just as athletic and just as well coached.

i agree and they have 2 top 20 players in the state in brandon brown and brian wright. not many teams have 2 top 20 players