Top 10 Teams In The State

baseballa28

They didnt beat grace,and if im not mistaken grace was blasting humboldt at halftime and you didnt have any answer for eldridge and we contained him,so we walked away with the gold ball. Back to back.

Yeh we had no answer for the kid who was absolutely unconscious from 3 point range in the first half....Anybody with any knowledge of basketball on this board will tell you that when a kid is in the zone like that, there's not much you can do...I'm not making excuses for the loss, Grace was a good team that played a great game, and we didn't play well at all...Just savor last year, because UC will not return to the 'Boro this year

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

run though... i dont think so. But that is your oppion. you might be state champs but you know it isnt easy playin in district 14a. Union city will not make it past lake co. because of lack of experience. Who on that team has started besides jeremy and mj in the playoffs no one. pat has played andre has played but no one else has a long history of playin time besides who i mention

I believe lake co have a pretty good startn 5,but when someone get in foul trouble,who do u turn to on the bench.

Chipper...You wasn't counting Kevin Copeland,so if he plays he would be an extra on the bench..but I believe he will start..And then there is Dominique Kimble and another kid that played last year that loves to shoot..He just may shoot from close to half court...Whitby told me that Sep may not even start..So..I believe L.C. will be ok with a couple freshmen also..I look for Whitby to play at least 8 players every game

Yeh we had no answer for the kid who was absolutely unconscious from 3 point range in the first half....Anybody with any knowledge of basketball on this board will tell you that when a kid is in the zone like that, there's not much you can do...I'm not making excuses for the loss, Grace was a good team that played a great game, and we didn't play well at all...Just savor last year, because UC will not return to the 'Boro this year

U got to play defense.A lot of his shots were not with a hand in his face.DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.Will see if we get back there.

I believe lake co have a pretty good startn 5,but when someone get in foul trouble,who do u turn to on the bench.

Chipper...You wasn't counting Kevin Copeland,so if he plays he would be an extra on the bench..but I believe he will start..And then there is Dominique Kimble and another kid that played last year that loves to shoot..He just may shoot from close to half court...Whitby told me that Sep may not even start..So..I believe L.C. will be ok with a couple freshmen also..I look for Whitby to play at least 8 players every game

Kimble is not the answer.He playd in a tournament over here a couple of weeks ago against sum of the high school guys on the team and got absolutely killd.He couldnt even dribble the ball up the court.Sep will be the startn point guard this year,if not,Lake co might just finish 4th.

Kimble is not the answer.He playd in a tournament over here a couple of weeks ago against sum of the high school guys on the team and got absolutely killd.He couldnt even dribble the ball up the court.Sep will be the startn point guard this year,if not,Lake co might just finish 4th.

If Lake Co. finished fourth, I'll go to the District, Region, and State tournaments dressed in BRIGHT purple and gold

U got to play defense.A lot of his shots were not with a hand in his face.DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.Will see if we get back there.

We had hands in his face, sometimes two hands...his first couple threes were uncontested...once we saw he had a shot, we respected it...but, he still hit 6 or 7 more...When a guy is that hot, there's not much you can do

Pioneer Christian is not a member of the TSSAA. They are doing what we refer to now as the "College Heights" approach.

Pioneer better hope this approach works better for them than it did College Heights. First the coach left that recruited all the players to a tiny school. Then the players left before the door ever shut from the coach leaving. All the while they had joined TSSAA and found themselves without any players for 2 years.

Then on an unrelated matter the whole school closed down this year because of some internal politics.

This stuff usually does not work out long term. On the surface it sounds more like an AAU team and coach using a small school with probably minimal academic standards to set up shop for a traveling aau team.

I predict in 2 to 3 years Pioneer will be back to playing other really small non-TSSAA schools and no sign of any high caliber ball players found on campus.

Sorry to say this stuff generally represents Christian Schools in a bad light and is unfortunate.

If Lake Co. finished fourth, I'll go to the District, Region, and State tournaments dressed in BRIGHT purple and gold

Red..I'm not saying Lake Co will finish 1st...but if we finish 4th..bring some extra purple and gold and I'll wear those ugly colors with you for all those tournaments also!

4th i will go on the record and wear a purple and gold neon suit if that happens and i'm so confident that we wont have to where that Horrible color.

At least in lake co colors other teams wear it. (Organ, Green Bay, Oakland, Ect.) Who wears purple and gold in pro are college sports? I guess if stevie wonder had a Pro team he would pick out thoughs ugly colors.haha i just pullin your leg ol chipper.

Red..how did Humboldt do in the scrimmage against Dyer Co?

I talked to one of the humboldt plyers yesterday and he said they blew out Dyer Co and sum 1 else.I want to say he said Chester Co,but not 4 sure.He also told me that they beat Haywood Co by 2pts,lost to Ridgeway by 10 pts,and beat So Side by 5 pts.Very good showing by Humboldt even though they still have 2 or 3 players playn football.I dont know how many that Ridgeway,Haywood,or So Side have still playn football,but very impressive by Humboldt.I know Haywood,Ridgeway,and So Side will all make a run at state and contend for the title,so good shown by Humboldt against sum good competition.

From what I was told, Humboldt played Haywood for a half in Humboldt Friday and lost by like 4...They played Southside afterwards and won but I don't know of the score...Humboldt played without EJ Epperson (6'4 F) and Chauncey Hunt (6'2 PG) (Football)...They also played without Deandre Perry (6'4 C) and Cordero Wade (6'1 F/G) (Unknown reasons but all 4 are likely starters)...I wasn't able to make it to any of the scrimmages on Saturday but was told Humboldt looked very impressive, even without the starters...I was also told Derek Sain (6'5 C/F) looked great with a monster dunk on Friday against Haywood...He's bulked up since last season and looks to lead this team as a senior..