Class A District 4

knight2

I reckon from my "inside' sources that Puleo was a non-factor in that her attitude holds her back. I know she only scored round 10pts, had 8 turnovers, and fouled out--in which case she wasn't a very good teammate at all to her fellow players. It sounds as if Martin, Philllips, and Co. did an excellent job in shutting down this SEC caliber player.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puleo was pretty much a non-factor in the first half. She got warmed up in the third quarter, but fouled out early in the fourth quarter. She finished with 14 points. Sampley and Kelley both fouled out shortly thereafter for WB.

Two big things I noticed about Oneida last night. One, they rebounded the ball well. They outrebounded WB 33-24. Two, improved free throw shooting. They were 20 of 25 from the line.

WrittenW.......where ya been with all the info? :justwrestle: Sounds like an excellent recipe for getting early wins against outstanding competition.......REBOUNDS and CONVERTING FREE THROWS. I would imagine the Defense wasn't too shabby either, if you can hold Angela Puleo to 14 points. She had double that amount last year, I believe. Now its on to play the Lady Buffs, who are fresh off the win against #1 Forrest. Looks like we are gonna have to apply the "Stone Cold Stunner" to get by that bunch. Did anyone's play stand out in your mind last night or did it look like a collective effort by everyone?

Kazzy

I reckon from my "inside' sources that Puleo was a non-factor in that her attitude holds her back. I know she only scored round 10pts, had 8 turnovers, and fouled out--in which case she wasn't a very good teammate at all to her fellow players. It sounds as if Martin, Philllips, and Co. did an excellent job in shutting down this SEC caliber player.

Get your facts right answer9 Puleo did have 14 points but only had two turnovers and fouled out with only four fouls[ check the book] with 7 minutes left in game. A great job by the home town refs and book keeper. With a little more depth on the Blount side the game would have a different outcome. Puleo is an All American on the court and off. Considering the circumstances around this team so far her attitude and enthusiasm for her senior year has been very good.

Hey, Overatd98. Easy there Tiger, answer9 was merely offering his take on the events that transpired. You, too, are a little off base in your assessments. I mean how could the refs be "hometown", last time I looked Oneida was at least a 45 minute drive to Clinton. In fact, I actually think the trip is shorter for WB than it is for Oneida. Now I have no idea about the bookkeeper situation, but if the refs give you a number of a player, thats what the official scorer would put down. Puleo's number must have been given 5 times, but if it wasn't then that is no fault of Oneida's team. I love watching how animated your coach gets, has he ever popped the buttons on his shirt? He's a live one. Puleo is a great player and Oneida is obviously a pretty good bunch as well, don't have a cow. It's a long season, bro.

Kazza Khan

Get your facts right answer9 Puleo did have 14 points but only had two turnovers and fouled out with only four fouls[ check the book] with 7 minutes left in game. A great job by the home town refs and book keeper. With a little more depth on the Blount side the game would have a different outcome. Puleo is an All American on the court and off. Considering the circumstances around this team so far her attitude and enthusiasm for her senior year has been very good.

First of all I don't think the refs made a single shot for Oneida and I know for a fact that the girls from WB were fouling because none of them were complaining except for the "All American". Oneida out-played, out-shot, and out-rebounded your girls all night long, so if you can't find anything else to complain about then I suggest you go back to "civilization" (if you are who I think you are youknow what I am talking about) and find something else to complain about.

p.s. The "ALL American" had 5 fouls because right before she got her 5th foul her coach told her to be careful because she had 4. B)

Hey I was keeping count and I only had Puleo with four fouls also, and I pride myself on my accuracy. ;) OK, that last part was a joke, but I was surprised when she fouled out. HOWEVER, let's point out that WB's bookkeeper signaled four fouls on the foul preceding the final foul to Coach Fowler and as YDKM observed, Fowler yelled to her to be careful because she had four fouls. So let's be careful trying to cast the blame on bias from Oneida parties or third parties, hmm? :thumb:

First of all I don't think the refs made a single shot for Oneida and I know for a fact that the girls from WB were fouling because none of them were complaining except for the "All American". Oneida out-played, out-shot, and out-rebounded your girls all night long, so if you can't find anything else to complain about then I suggest you go back to "civilization" (if you are who I think you are youknow what I am talking about) and find something else to complain about.

p.s. The "ALL American" had 5 fouls because right before she got her 5th foul her coach told her to be careful because she had 4. :thumb:

Just a question, how many Oneida players were in foul trouble?

• 4 weeks later...

With several games done now is there any shake ups in your picks?

1-OZ- with the win over Onieda

2-Onieda -handles everyone else in this district

3-Oakdale -I have 3 now some good wins ealy on.

4-Coalfiled -moves up to 4th with the big win at Wartburg

5-Wartburg- moves to 5th with the lose to Coalfield

6-Sunbright- still young should improve later on.