Will some of the private schools in DI join DII after the new alignmne

eagle3612

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the original question--two (NCS and Zion) requested to, and were rejected by the BoC yesterday.

I am glad you noticed that also. A few years ago the Lighthouse School here in Nashville requested the same thing and was denied.

The moral of the story, Privates are welcome by the Public cry babies as long as they can be used as whipping boys.....just don't let them become good.

I am glad you noticed that also. A few years ago the Lighthouse School here in Nashville requested the same thing and was denied.

The moral of the story, Privates are welcome by the Public cry babies as long as they can be used as whipping boys.....just don't let them become good.

I don't think that's the case in this one. It wouldn't have mattered if it was the other way around. I am sure they were denied...because it is in the middle of the 4 year classification period.

"The moral of the story, Privates are welcome by the Public cry babies as long as they can be used as whipping boys.....just don't let them become good."

i dont think you can hardly say that. if tssaa was responding to public desires there would be no privates in d-1, whipping cream or not.

that said, i cannot fathom why the request was turned down.

neither ncs nor zion deserves to be put thru 2 more years of the current setup...

altho ncs does sometimes have decent football teams, and their basketball is plenty competitive.

as with merit system discussions for publics, all privates are likewise not the same.

i suppose i can understand the "between realignments" argument, except;

unless i am misreading things, both schools are in overcrowded regions already.

just once i would like to see a decision justified by it being the "right thing to do".

"The moral of the story, Privates are welcome by the Public cry babies as long as they can be used as whipping boys.....just don't let them become good."

i dont think you can hardly say that. if tssaa was responding to public desires there would be no privates in d-1, whipping cream or not.

that said, i cannot fathom why the request was turned down.

neither ncs nor zion deserves to be put thru 2 more years of the current setup...

altho ncs does sometimes have decent football teams, and their basketball is plenty competitive.

as with merit system discussions for publics, all privates are likewise not the same.

i suppose i can understand the "between realignments" argument, except;

unless i am misreading things, both schools are in overcrowded regions already.

just once i would like to see a decision justified by it being the "right thing to do".

Yeah...I agree. I think this decision is this way...because of past precedent. It would be difficult to justify the change since others have been denied before.

I don't think that's the case in this one. It wouldn't have mattered if it was the other way around. I am sure they were denied...because it is in the middle of the 4 year classification period.

Actually, at the same meeting (back in 2000) where Lighthouse was denied a switch to Division II (this at the start of a period, but a late filing), Fayette Academy was approved to switch to Division I.

Actually, at the same meeting (back in 2000) where Lighthouse was denied a switch to Division II (this at the start of a period, but a late filing), Fayette Academy was approved to switch to Division I.

That decision back in 2000 really annoyed me. Lighthouse was in the same region as DCA, CPA, Ezell etc. I know their application was a little late, but had the TSSAA even considered what was best they would have seen it was a good thing to do for Lighthouse. I think they eventually dropped out of the TSSAA altogether.

That decision back in 2000 really annoyed me. Lighthouse was in the same region as DCA, CPA, Ezell etc. I know their application was a little late, but had the TSSAA even considered what was best they would have seen it was a good thing to do for Lighthouse. I think they eventually dropped out of the TSSAA altogether.

The T$$AA is only concerned about what is right for the publics. :o

Lighthouse did drop out of the T$$AA. They play in an independent church-school affiliation of some sort ... and their attendance feel through the floor.