WEST GREENE BB GOING TO TURN SOME HEADS THIS YEAR

Mr. Freeze

The one thing that everyone should remember is that these are kids, kids that have feelings and some of these posts are simply awful. Why not spend the time here to praise the positives of these teams (all teams) rather than all of the trash talk. As men we are responsible for being christian leaders in our homes, schools and communities. Coach Greenlee is young and is learning as he is going. Sure he is going to make some mistakes as I am sure MANY of you would if you were pushed into the same position. The West Greene basketball team is blessed with a team full of good boys who work hard but have not been able to put it all together in the form of multiple wins.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that everyone should remember is that these are kids, kids that have feelings and some of these posts are simply awful. Why not spend the time here to praise the positives of these teams (all teams) rather than all of the trash talk. As men we are responsible for being christian leaders in our homes, schools and communities. Coach Greenlee is young and is learning as he is going. Sure he is going to make some mistakes as I am sure MANY of you would if you were pushed into the same position. The West Greene basketball team is blessed with a team full of good boys who work hard but have not been able to put it all together in the form of multiple wins.

Absolutely true Basketdad. These guys do work very hard. Who knows? West Greene might make a run after Christmas.

First of all i aint sayin that they are goin to win state or anythang like that im just sayin that they are gettin better. I mean just look at the win to loss ratio from this year to last year. And how can you say that they aint gettin better? And never count them out of game, cuz they have one of the best pointguards around here. With some excelent big men down low

I'm glad everyone on here uses decent english. Words like "anythang" and "aint" are not helping your cause or your image. Anyway, you have yet to answer my question. Allow me to repeat it for you, where is West Greene going to win or have a chance to win? Look at their schedule...it's not going to happen that often it would appear. My second point is that, if they have such excellent players, why have they not won 4 games yet? Why don't they have a .500 record? I never said they weren't better than previous teams. I suppose it's all a matter of perpesctive. This West Greene team is more talented than previous teams, but the reality is that you aren't going to win many more games.

I never said the kids lacked work ethic. I also never mentioned specific names of the kids on the team. What I am saying, and continue to emphasize, is that West Greene isn't going to win to many more games. Last time I checked, winning three games is not turning heads. They aren't going to get to a .500 record and that's not turning heads...sorry, it's just not going to happen.

I never said the kids lacked work ethic. I also never mentioned specific names of the kids on the team. What I am saying, and continue to emphasize, is that West Greene isn't going to win to many more games. Last time I checked, winning three games is not turning heads. They aren't going to get to a .500 record and that's not turning heads...sorry, it's just not going to happen.

Looking at their schedule its true....... A 500. record is not likely but the point is, the program is improving.

The one thing that everyone should remember is that these are kids

Maybe some of the West Greene faithful should have thought about that before they came on here and put targets on theses kids back's by saying stupid stuff like "WEST GREENE BB GOING TO TURN SOME HEADS THIS YEAR," and that West Greene will win 20, 18,15,12 or whatever it is yall have whitled it down to, and that West Greene will "Give Unicoi all they want."

I'm glad everyone on here uses decent english. Words like "anythang" and "aint" are not helping your cause or your image. Anyway, you have yet to answer my question. Allow me to repeat it for you, where is West Greene going to win or have a chance to win? Look at their schedule...it's not going to happen that often it would appear. My second point is that, if they have such excellent players, why have they not won 4 games yet? Why don't they have a .500 record? I never said they weren't better than previous teams. I suppose it's all a matter of perpesctive. This West Greene team is more talented than previous teams, but the reality is that you aren't going to win many more games.

You do have a real point. West Greene should do fine in county basketball, but the whole conference is still really good. They might make a run because if the other team doesn't show up, anything can happen. Like L_333 said as long as they're improving the program will turn around.

I dont what you have against west greene but they are doing better and the coaching is gettin better. I dont what school you go to but i promise you that in four years west greene will be one of the best in the county if not the best!! Just look at the Middle school standings....Mosheim is number one and McDonald is three! None of the other schools can even come close. So you tell me how u expect to win!!

How can you determine the potential success of a program by how YOUR county elementary schools do against themselves??? Im sorry to break the news to you but when they get to high school they actually have to travel OUT of Greene County to play basketball games....

Any game they play after the christmas break could be a win for them besides Unicoi. It's just which way the tables turns. I am not going to pick any games a win for west greene, we are just going to take one game at a time starting with north greene on jan 2, and then go on from there.

Edited by GreeneCountyfan

Any game they play after the christmas break could be a win for them besides Unicoi. It's just which way the tables turns. I am not going to pick any games a win for west greene, we are just going to take one game at a time starting with north greene on jan 2, and then go on from there.

It sounds to me like you're living in a fantasy world. Did you ask Santa to bring you that, or did you just find a lamp on the beach?