2006 Musket Bowl

May be a shortage of running backs for the Trailblazers this week fellas. Injuries sustained in the Volunteer game have been slow to heal.

Don't want to give too many details on here, as I wouldn't want the Pioneers to aim for sore spots, should these boys make the game.

These boys just need to reach down and grab a hold and become men. Time to step up and show some heart. Just because you lost a couple games does not mean the season is over. During the 4th quarter of last week's game Boone's star player was sitting on the bench trying to keep warm while #9 was running all over the sidelines doing what he could to keep Boone in the game. That's the love of the game that everyone who puts on a helmet should have. I'm really surprised Jeremy has let this team get so soft. I played many games with him when he could not lift his arms above his head because his shoulders were so messed up. Now you got Boone players coming off the field every other play and crying to the trainer. We did not even have a trainer when I played. If one of our players got hurt the best they got was Ken Green looking down at them and there was no way you were getting on Coach Jerry Jenkins bench unless you were about to die. stink it up 'Blazers and play some Boone ball. One more thing, you lost already #52. Time to shave.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These boys just need to reach down and grab a hold and become men. Time to step up and show some heart. Just because you lost a couple games does not mean the season is over. During the 4th quarter of last week's game Boone's star player was sitting on the bench trying to keep warm while #9 was running all over the sidelines doing what he could to keep Boone in the game. That's the love of the game that everyone who puts on a helmet should have. I'm really surprised Jeremy has let this team get so soft. I played many games with him when he could not lift his arms above his head because his shoulders were so messed up. Now you got Boone players coming off the field every other play and crying to the trainer. We did not even have a trainer when I played. If one of our players got hurt the best they got was Ken Green looking down at them and there was no way you were getting on Coach Jerry Jenkins bench unless you were about to die. stink it up 'Blazers and play some Boone ball. One more thing, you lost already #52. Time to shave.

I think in the case of a concussion ( legitimate concussion and not a headache ) it is a mandatory week off the field. I don't know who it was that got hurt on the fumble against Volunteer but that was a wicked lick for both the Boone back and the Volunteer defensive player. The other guy that got hurt on the Boone sideline late in the game I couldn't see what happened to him. Hope all are okay and I also think you guys still have enough talent to beat Crockett if everybody wants it bad enough.

I think in the case of a concussion ( legitimate concussion and not a headache ) it is a mandatory week off the field. I don't know who it was that got hurt on the fumble against Volunteer but that was a wicked lick for both the Boone back and the Volunteer defensive player. The other guy that got hurt on the Boone sideline late in the game I couldn't see what happened to him. Hope all are okay and I also think you guys still have enough talent to beat Crockett if everybody wants it bad enough.

Well i shouldn't prolly even be bothering with this tread but boys boonie said it! The hit with me and #11 wow yea it was a dandy! I will tell u this i had to put all the air back in my revy because it was all out come monday at practice but hope everyone gets to play this week and good luck to both crockett and boone should be a good game.

Volunteer boys let get ready one more day till game day let take it to cocke co.

#25 Ed Smith

Traditions and rivalry games are what makes prep and college football so great and Boone v. Crockett certainly fills the bill. In my opinion, Crockett's defense is still questionable so I think Boone will win by 14. But good luck to both teams.

I always thought that the best thing about this game was that no matter how good or bad the other team was, both had a chance. I played in a game where we should have dominated crockett, but they ended up squeaking out a win. Boone has the advantage in the series, but that doesn't mean crockett is out of it every year. Should be a good game, and it is down at Crockett for anyone who is wondering. Poor kids, I wish they still got the opportunity to play at the mini-dome.

If only you knew what you were talking about Mikey. In the 4th quarter of last week's game, Boone's star player was sitting on the sidelines with a concussion, not keeping warm. Here's the rundown that I know: Cameron Jarrett - concussion - status: sorry, I don't know. Stephen Harmon - concussion - status: doubtful (dr.'s orders). Danny Dye - busted ribs, possible bruised spleen (from a block in the back) - status: unknown.

If Boone does win this game, they will have some kind of special celebration...I'm sure of that. Last years was great. Sky got in the middle of all of the Seniors with the musket, he then act like he shot each one. Was just something to special to make the victory even sweeter. What did you ex-Boone players do for your special celebration at the end of the game?

If only you knew what you were talking about Mikey. In the 4th quarter of last week's game, Boone's star player was sitting on the sidelines with a concussion, not keeping warm. Here's the rundown that I know: Cameron Jarrett - concussion - status: sorry, I don't know. Stephen Harmon - concussion - status: doubtful (dr.'s orders). Danny Dye - busted ribs, possible bruised spleen (from a block in the back) - status: unknown.

Sorry, but I was there and I do know what I'm talking about. I guess I'm just a bit old fashioned in believing that if you can walk off the field, you can get back in the game. I know that might mean telling the trainer a lie, but I think it would be worth it. I realize that that is just me and the way that I loved the game when I played and that is just not how things are done anymore. Sorry if I offended anyone.

If Boone does win this game, they will have some kind of special celebration...I'm sure of that. Last years was great. Sky got in the middle of all of the Seniors with the musket, he then act like he shot each one. Was just something to special to make the victory even sweeter. What did you ex-Boone players do for your special celebration at the end of the game?

Just winning the musket was enough for us.

Usually we were around the coach and the seniors would pass around the Musket. On the field I guess. But Mikey said it right, winning was enough for my team while we were there.

Allright, I shall bump this thread in anticipation of the 2006 Musket Bowl.

I spent the day at Crockett, so I got to see how Crockett treats this rivalry from their perspective. Wow wow. I have to say, those kids were pumped up for the game and so were the coaches.

I've been to both schools and I should be a Boone boy through and through, but man, seeing Coach Greene over there getting fired up also made me want to cheer for these Crockett players. I have to say that he is a great disciplinarian for his players. David Crockett got an excellent coach when they hired him this year.

Fellas, this is going to be a good game. I don't know which way it will go. I want to wish good luck to both the teams, I hope no one gets hurt, and everyone arrives and returns safely from the game. Woot!