South Fulton @ Mckenzie

Devil_Alumni

You know I find it real hard to do my usual trash talk of the next upcoming game. I feel as if we are about to spotlight a deer or something. South Fulton's team is in the process of rebuilding, along with issues of coaching. But it sounds as if they will grow out of it and soon.

It's hard to trash talk a winless team this late in the year......

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i believe they also have about 13 or so Freshman. I was just askin if anyone knew. Thanks though

I'm telling you,with that many young kids having to play varsity,I doubt you guys are playing a JV schedule.....It would be silly to risk injuries to an already depleted team....Redmanparent would probably know for sure though....

You are correct oc. To my knowledge we have played one JV game against Ballard. Most of the sophomore starters did not play in that game. We had a JV game scheduled against Fulton City the Monday after the game. It was cancelled due to weather. They are supposed to make it up tomorrow night but if weather is threatening at all, they won't play. And they are supposed to play Greenfield JV next Monday night.

The risk for injury is too great but these youngsters really need a chance to kids their own age at least a few times. Losing game after game has been tough. What kills us is the junior class. They are short on numbers and even shorter on athletes. In a small school, that is hard to absorb.

If the remaining players want to start winning, they are going to have to work hard in the off season. It's time for these boys(AND PARENTS) to stop blaming the coaches for their woes. TO THE PLAYERS---GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND WORK. YOU DON'T NEED A COACH TO HOLD YOUR HAND. HARD WORK IS THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO WIN A GAME.

redmanparent, I like your thinking on what it takes to get the job done!! SF has been there and they will be back again someday!!!! Nothing but work and heart will get it done.

Meanwhile, back to this week. Needless to say, I expect a big Rebel win but, knowing the coaches, we'll call off the dogs at least early in the second half if the Rebels are playing like they can. Who knows what might happen when the whistle blows though. That's why we play 'em all.

Good luck to all to avoid any injuries. Neither of us need any of those!!!! Our leading tackler (#22--Merrick) is out with a shoulder injury. He missed the LC game and won't see action again before the playoffs.

See you Friday Devil Alumni.

Edited by duckman38201

You are correct oc. To my knowledge we have played one JV game against Ballard. Most of the sophomore starters did not play in that game. We had a JV game scheduled against Fulton City the Monday after the game. It was cancelled due to weather. They are supposed to make it up tomorrow night but if weather is threatening at all, they won't play. And they are supposed to play Greenfield JV next Monday night.

The risk for injury is too great but these youngsters really need a chance to kids their own age at least a few times. Losing game after game has been tough. What kills us is the junior class. They are short on numbers and even shorter on athletes. In a small school, that is hard to absorb.

If the remaining players want to start winning, they are going to have to work hard in the off season. It's time for these boys(AND PARENTS) to stop blaming the coaches for their woes. TO THE PLAYERS---GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND WORK. YOU DON'T NEED A COACH TO HOLD YOUR HAND. HARD WORK IS THE ONLY WAY YOU ARE GOING TO WIN A GAME.

Be patient! South Fulton and Coach Wood will win again soon. We have had the 3 senior and 4 junior players on a team not long ago. Getting the kids out of the hall and on the field is the differecne between us and Union City and McKenzie. Both of those schools get the players out on the field. We had Union City 21-0 at half time and had McKenzie down 14-0 but lost both games. It is hard to compete with great teams with only 22 players counting freshmen. Taking nothing away from these 2 great teams but that is the difference when playing them. Depth is the difference. To many playstations, cars, phones and girlfriends to play football. Hang in there because sooner or later you'll get out of the rut and the other schools will have down years as well. Good luck to Coach Wood and all the players who refuse to quit and give up. Also good luck to all West TN teams who make the playoffs. Lets bring those gold balls to Northwest TN this year.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lcfalconfever

From what I have been hearing the Pee wee teams are growing in SF and are bring in alot more players thatn ever. If all goes well and they all stick it out through high school then it may pay off.

It's just an order of progression that all teams face from time to time, Not enough breeding, no interest in the team, Play stations, girls, jeez the list could go on and on.