Gallatin at Hendersonvile

flyatspace

i definitely think gallatin has the edge in this game...now im not sayin that their gonna be all over over hendersonville cuz the commandos are a very physical football team like the green wave but as far as matchups..gallatin has an incredible amount of speed and experience on defense...of the 11 starters 5 are 3 yr starters and only one junior the only first starter is mikie shehadi the corner and hes not doin too bad(ex. 7 int)...as for offense i think the line for gallatin is finally comin around and gelling into their expectations...jay r is running really hard and jt is lookin like one of the best and smartest qbs in mid tenn...and special teams has been an integral part of the green wave's success..

my prediction:gallatin 24-6

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you give up nearly 400 yards of offense and loose 21-7 and still think that you were the better team?

just1 incase u havent figuered it out wat people are tryin to say is that hville shot themselves in the foot they make some mistakes. by tha way hville vs gallatin will be a heck of a game huge on expect tha best from both teams ill be there

Inside the numbers for both teams:

Gallatin on offense-

Rushes-253 Yards-1983 Passing Yards-457

H'ville on offense-

Rushes-284 Yards-1638 Passing Yards- 534

Gallatin on defense-

Rushes-231 Yards-550 Passing-651

H'ville on defense-

Rushes-285 Yards-1316 Passing-664

Gallatin's defense has given up more than 100 yrds rushing in just three games.

H'villes defense has given up more than 100 yrds rushing in seven games, including more than 200 in three games.

Gallatin's offense has rushed for more than 250 yrds in seven games.

H'villes offense has rushed for more than 250 yrds in just three games (223 against Antioch) and been held under 100 yards in two games.

Gallatin's has outscored their opponents 52-12 in the 4th quarter, with all 12 of those points being scored in "junk" time against Antioch.

H'ville has outscored its opponents 41-26 in the 4th quarter (seven of those points allowed were in OT).

The most rushing yards Gallatin has allowed in a game was 159 to Hunters Lane (86 of that on one play).

The most rushing yards H'ville has allowed in a game was 283 to Dickson County.

When you consider that these two teams have played seven like opponents I think it is very clear who the better team is.

I am sure H'ville has a lot of heart, and the coaches are going to put them in the best possible position to win. But you jsut can't convince me that same H'ville offense that only got 84 yards rushing last week againt Overton is going to do anything to the Gallatin defense. You can't convince me that the same H'ville defense that allowed 248 yards rushing to Beech (a 3-5 team that Gallatin beat 20-0) is going to be able to stop the Gallatin offense enough to win.

I still think this will be a good game, but how close it is will be determined more by how well (or poor) Gallatin plays than anything that H'ville does.

your right about 1 thing hville has a lot of heart but hville hasnt played 4 quarters in a game yet...but this week i expect to c it all 4 quarters balls to the wall

if hville can play four consecutive quarters of football that i know they have somewhere in them then gallitan might be in for a run for their money.

i have yet to see them really put together more than 2 good consecutive quarters of football.

no matter what i dont believe that this game will be a blowout either way

good game to both teams and i hope for a great ,injury free, game.

just1 incase u havent figuered it out wat people are tryin to say is that hville shot themselves in the foot they make some mistakes. by tha way hville vs gallatin will be a heck of a game huge on expect tha best from both teams ill be there

You have to be shooting with a machine gun then, because 400 yards of offense by DC doesn't happen by accident.

:lol:

in the DC game 2 plays caused about 140 of those yards

3rd in 1- DC broke though the line for like 70

then a 2nd or 3rd string hhs corner gave up a long pass play on a pump and go for another 70 or so

but thats the past

this is the now

we will see what happens friday

So in your mind those other 200 something yards were a fluke or something?

Here are a couple of things from the past-

Gallatin won last years meeting 24-0 and the defense is largely the same and playing better.

H'villes 5 wins came against teams that have a combined record of 10-30.

My sources tell me that the Hendersonville coaching staff was watching film until like 5:30 in the morning Sunday trying to prepare for Gallatin.

Just hope they are able to stay awake in class. But I'm sure those boosters in H town will give them a unlimited supply of Starbucks.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the over-under on the average HHS coaches sleep this week is 3 hours. Any other guesses?

Well I have read all the post and agree and disagree with some of them. It is no doubt that Gallatin is a favorite in this game, heck they may even be favored by 3 or 4 TDs who knows, but It will be a good game. Depth, Experience, Skilled people, Speed, Senior Class, all have to favor Gallatin.

Break it down like they do in the paper except not as in depth:

Offense in general - EDGE - GALLATIN

Defense in general - EDGE - GALLATIN

Special Teams - EDGE - GALLATIN

Intangables - EDGE - GALLATIN SR CLASS

Coaching - EDGE - SPLIT

Sounds a little to good to be true but that is probably about right based on records and common opponents. But the Commandos will be ready and if they can get to halftime in a close game then it will come down to the wire on who has the ball left, I may have missed it somewhere on here but the one thing everyone is forgetting about is this is a BIG RIVAL, BIG, emotions on both sides will be big and the Commandos do have a chance this is why: Coaching, resilentcy, seniors that were embarrassed as freshmen by this gallatin bunch, toughness.

Mark it down, whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game. If there are no turnovers then I say it goes down to the wire.