Gallatin at Hendersonvile

flyatspace

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a little to good to be true but that is probably about right based on records and common opponents. But the Commandos will be ready and if they can get to halftime in a close game then it will come down to the wire on who has the ball left, I may have missed it somewhere on here but the one thing everyone is forgetting about is this is a BIG RIVAL, BIG, emotions on both sides will be big and the Commandos do have a chance this is why: Coaching, resilentcy, seniors that were embarrassed as freshmen by this gallatin bunch, toughness.

Mark it down, whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game. If there are no turnovers then I say it goes down to the wire.

Emotions get you through the 1st quarter, maybe the 2nd. After that it comes down to who is better. I think HHS has to jump on Gallatin early to stay in this game.

Keep this in mind- Gallatin has trailed exactly one time the whole year and that was only by one score. If HHS wants to win they are going to have to open up a two or three score lead early. They have to put Gallatin in an uncomfortable, and uncommon, position. If they do that then they have a great shot. But therein lies the problem. One team, and one team only, has scored more than once on Gallatin, and ZERO teams have scored twice in the first half.

I'm pumped up and Im sure they players for both sides are too. Both teams will have a great week of practice, and both coaching staffs will have a few suprises for the other.

IT IS ONLY MONDAY! I AM GOING TO GO NUTS WAITING FOR THIS ONE!

I am a stat freak, so I love all the numbers and common opponents in this thread. However, this is the one game of the year that you can throw all that out the window. Even the records. Both teams are 0-0 going into a one game season this Friday night. I have been going to this game ever since I was a young kid, and I know better than to count H-ville out. Anything can happen on a night when the emotions run like they will at this game. There is going to be so much hype around this game. 6 to 8 thousand will show plus the thousands that will watch from home. Momentum will be the thing that wins this matchup.

I am a stat freak, so I love all the numbers and common opponents in this thread. However, this is the one game of the year that you can throw all that out the window. Even the records. Both teams are 0-0 going into a one game season this Friday night. I have been going to this game ever since I was a young kid, and I know better than to count H-ville out. Anything can happen on a night when the emotions run like they will at this game. There is going to be so much hype around this game. 6 to 8 thousand will show plus the thousands that will watch from home. Momentum will be the thing that wins this matchup.

Yeah, the CSS Tv deal hasn't been brought up yet. I tend to wonder if a lot of people skip attendance to watch at home. I hope not, but I haven't looked at the weather forecast.

A great chance for people to see these two teams who otherwise would not.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

I just hope y'all get to see a better game than the one I watched last Friday. B)

The Smyrna v R'dale one had this type of hype and we all know how it turned out.

I am taking Gallatin in this one because I REALLY want to see their rush defense in person against R'dale who is averaging over 400 yards per game in rushing.

Like I said I am taping this one!

I just hope y'all get to see a better game than the one I watched last Friday. B)

The Smyrna v R'dale one had this type of hype and we all know how it turned out.

I am taking Gallatin in this one because I REALLY want to see their rush defense in person against R'dale who is averaging over 400 yards per game in rushing.

Like I said I am taping this one!

Old dad,

Keep in mind that you'll get to see that defense against another wingT team as well. And they have been running it a lot longer than the Warriors. (That just means that they are more familiar with it, not necessarily better)

I'm POSITIVE that it will be a better game than RHS/SHS. Smyrna was overrated. Both of these teams are pretty good.

Old dad,

Keep in mind that you'll get to see that defense against another wingT team as well. And they have been running it a lot longer than the Warriors. (That just means that they are more familiar with it, not necessarily better)

I'm POSITIVE that it will be a better game than RHS/SHS. Smyrna was overrated. Both of these teams are pretty good.

1. there wingt is different then ours

2. not as good at it as us

3. not as many athletes as us

4. not near the same speed as us

5. not as big as us up front or as good

First of all I just found this site. I love it.

Next, I agree with the others that say the facility @ Hendersonville is "lesser than". I played a couple of games there in the Gallatin vs. Hendersonville rivalry many moons ago. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe that any improvemnt to that field is possible. However, the seating situation is a joke.

I am sure I will be called a "homer" for going with the Green Wave in this year's matchup, but those kids are truly amazing on defense. They are very comparable with the State Championship caliber teams we had in the late 80's and early 90's. They swarm to the football. Those numbers don't lie.

Another great point is, throwing out the records, they want to beat one another so badly that sometimes it makes for an ugly game, i.e. penalties, missed assignments, etc. Coach Lassiter reminded them team after Friday night's win what was @ stake in this week's game: 525,600 minutes that thay would have to live with the outcome, a region championship, and their unblemished record. We always wanted to blow them out, a 24-0 victory felt like we hadn't done our best.

As far as the coaching edge, myself, as well as other fomer Green Wave players, really detest this offense. We miss that pro I. Running the QB out of the shotgun so much, makes me cringe. So far, it's working, but I really think a good team and good coaching staff could force them into a really low scoring battle in the playoffs.

Hendersonville should watch that Wilson Central film, we played like dogs that night, and they brought their "A" game. An air of concern was floating around, as we never broke away during the game.

Friday Forecast: Green Wave 34, Hendersonville 10 (our kicker will miss a PAT)

Hendersonville should watch that Wilson Central film, we played like dogs that night, and they brought their "A" game. An air of concern was floating around, as we never broke away during the game.

There sure was a feeling of concern in the WC game. And having been at that game my feelings at the time didn't have anything to do with football. If you remember there was severe weather out there. There were some tornado watches in the region and there was A LOT of lightning. I for one thought the game would be delayed. I kept waiting for it to happen and it never did. I don't know if they coaches or players where feeling that way, but it seems like they were playing with something else on their minds.

And yes, you won't find a player or former player that doesn't want to absolutely burry them. I don't expect a score like you suggested, but I wouldn't be shocked either.

Its only Tuesday....