Gallatin at Hendersonvile

flyatspace

I WILL be taping this game as I cannot be there unfortunately. It will be interesting to see how the Wave handles the Wing-T and how Hendersonville plays it in general.

I say this as there is a chance one of the teams there will be playing R'dale eventually this season. At least I hope so! :)

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have respect fot both coaches and both of them are good friends. Tough game for me. I am glad Hendersonville is having a good yr. I also think Gallatin can make it far in the state torurnament because of their D. Good luck to both teams.

Wooooaaahhhh....i played for HHS and i doubt that they are friends...............if HHS's offense can show up for this game and give the D a rest then it will be an extreamly close game.........last year the game was closer then the score....remember HHS sat out some 20 some-odd players for going agianst team policy...........and thats the difference between this years and last years team.............they are a good bunch of kids that give great effort and do the right things......if the teams the past 2 years for HHS were like this years team both teams would have been in the playoffs..............the other teams had some of the best talent and size this team has seen since 01.............and this years team dosent have but 6 athelites but they work hard and just look how it has paid off they are about to play for a region championship

Wooooaaahhhh....i played for HHS and i doubt that they are friends...............if HHS's offense can show up for this game and give the D a rest then it will be an extreamly close game.........last year the game was closer then the score....remember HHS sat out some 20 some-odd players for going agianst team policy...........and thats the difference between this years and last years team.............they are a good bunch of kids that give great effort and do the right things......if the teams the past 2 years for HHS were like this years team both teams would have been in the playoffs..............the other teams had some of the best talent and size this team has seen since 01.............and this years team dosent have but 6 athelites but they work hard and just look how it has paid off they are about to play for a region championship

I agree with what you say about last years team. I was there my freshamn year with last years seniors and we beat Riverdale our freshman year and dominated everyone on our way there except Gallatin. Most of the talent from that team left, quit, or didnt play for "other" reasons and its a shame because we had probably the best talent in the state in that class. I am so glad to see Hendersonville finally having the success they once had and wish them luck against Gallatin this week.

I agree with what you say about last years team. I was there my freshamn year with last years seniors and we beat Riverdale our freshman year and dominated everyone on our way there except Gallatin. Most of the talent from that team left, quit, or didnt play for "other" reasons and its a shame because we had probably the best talent in the state in that class. I am so glad to see Hendersonville finally having the success they once had and wish them luck against Gallatin this week.

There's something here that I don't see. The posters from Hendersonville talk like they are 8-0 instead of 5-3. Some say that if not for turnovers, mental mistakes, etc., they would be 8-0. No Kidding. If your defense hadn't allowed the other team to score a point you would be undefeated also. You got a break against Overton with an interception return for a TD. Gallatin is the 8-0 team that has put up 40 several times and has won consitently by double figures. Hendersonville is talking about their wing-t as if it is unstoppable, but their offensive numbers don't show it.

That being said, I think this will be a good game. I just don't see how Hendersonville can pull this one out.

I agree but Hendersonville is 5-3, and Gallatin should be favored, but Hendersonville's three losses are all to teams they were better than, trust me Gallatin is beatable if HHS can execute the way i know they can.

Everyone is beatable, including Gallatin. Again you say, IF. That is what the game is about. You practice to take away the IF'S. Over 8 games, Gallatin has executed consistently. Hendersonville has executed occasionally. Still will be a good game. I think Gallatin will win. We won't know until Friday night. But hey, that's what this board is all about and everyone should be commended for supporting their team. That's why people are sports fanatics.

I agree but Hendersonville is 5-3, and Gallatin should be favored, but Hendersonville's three losses are all to teams they were better than, trust me Gallatin is beatable if HHS can execute the way i know they can.

Hunters Lane runs a version of the wingt and I am sure that they have a lot more speed than H'ville. Gallatin plays disciplined defense and forces you to make plays. H'ville hasn't proven that they can do that against anyone. I mean they only scored 22 points against Hillwood- the worst team in the region abd maybe all of 5A. And then they get a combined 21 points (six off an INT) against Antioch and Overton. Teams that Gallatin scored 47 and 32 points against respectively.

H'ville's only hope is that the Gallatin offense commits a lot of turnovers and/or penalties. And I don't think that will happen. This rivalry brings out a hightened focus on both teams. I don't think this game comes down to mistakes on either team- but making plays. H'ville doesn't have the playmakers.

I expect a good game though.

Hunters Lane runs a version of the wingt and I am sure that they have a lot more speed than H'ville. Gallatin plays disciplined defense and forces you to make plays. H'ville hasn't proven that they can do that against anyone. I mean they only scored 22 points against Hillwood- the worst team in the region abd maybe all of 5A. And then they get a combined 21 points (six off an INT) against Antioch and Overton. Teams that Gallatin scored 47 and 32 points against respectively.

H'ville's only hope is that the Gallatin offense commits a lot of turnovers and/or penalties. And I don't think that will happen. This rivalry brings out a hightened focus on both teams. I don't think this game comes down to mistakes on either team- but making plays. H'ville doesn't have the playmakers.

I expect a good game though.

i agree...HHS will have to put up 21 on offense to win...so it seems unthinkable that HHS might win...but whether or not i think they can win i'll still pull for HHS...and u are right they dont have the playmakers...GHS has a playmaker at almost every position or at least a player that would start for any other team at every position...but HHS has won 5 games without any playmakersand sodified their spot in the playoffs...they controll their destiny now...if they split the last 2 games they are second and have a shot at a home playoff game

I happened to be at that game and hendersonville had the ball inside the 20 about 3 or 4 times in the first half and found some way to mess it up that game should have been 28-7 hendersonville at the end of the first half.

How do you give up nearly 400 yards of offense and loose 21-7 and still think that you were the better team?

Inside the numbers for both teams:

Gallatin on offense-

Rushes-253 Yards-1983 Passing Yards-457

H'ville on offense-

Rushes-284 Yards-1638 Passing Yards- 534

Gallatin on defense-

Rushes-231 Yards-550 Passing-651

H'ville on defense-

Rushes-285 Yards-1316 Passing-664

Gallatin's defense has given up more than 100 yrds rushing in just three games.

H'villes defense has given up more than 100 yrds rushing in seven games, including more than 200 in three games.

Gallatin's offense has rushed for more than 250 yrds in seven games.

H'villes offense has rushed for more than 250 yrds in just three games (223 against Antioch) and been held under 100 yards in two games.

Gallatin's has outscored their opponents 52-12 in the 4th quarter, with all 12 of those points being scored in "junk" time against Antioch.

H'ville has outscored its opponents 41-26 in the 4th quarter (seven of those points allowed were in OT).

The most rushing yards Gallatin has allowed in a game was 159 to Hunters Lane (86 of that on one play).

The most rushing yards H'ville has allowed in a game was 283 to Dickson County.

When you consider that these two teams have played seven like opponents I think it is very clear who the better team is.

I am sure H'ville has a lot of heart, and the coaches are going to put them in the best possible position to win. But you jsut can't convince me that same H'ville offense that only got 84 yards rushing last week againt Overton is going to do anything to the Gallatin defense. You can't convince me that the same H'ville defense that allowed 248 yards rushing to Beech (a 3-5 team that Gallatin beat 20-0) is going to be able to stop the Gallatin offense enough to win.

I still think this will be a good game, but how close it is will be determined more by how well (or poor) Gallatin plays than anything that H'ville does.