Region 3 Class AA

reaction

Ok with Bledsoe Co. winning last night how is the play off picture looking? Tyner is obvously still undefeated in the region. As of right now Boyd only has 1 region loss which will put them in 2nd place. Bledsoe Co. winning last night puts them at 2 region losses, as does Marion Co. Sequatchie is at 3 region losses, or to make it easier it looks something like this.

Tyner 3-0

Boyd Buc 2-1

Bledsoe Co. 2-2

Marion Co. 1-2

Sequathchie Co. 0-3

Bledsoe Co. has finished ther region schedule so there record will stay the same. With Bledsoe Co. winning, that puts Boyd in a position to make the Boyd Buc vs Tyner game the region championship (i know a 2-7 team with a chance to win the region :lol: , we owe you one Bledsoe Co.) If Boyd is to lose, which most assume is the case, that will put Boyd Buc in a tie with Bledsoe Co. at 2-2. I'm assuming Marion Co. will beat Sequatchie Co. so that will put them at 2-2 also. How will the 3 way tie be determined?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok with Bledsoe Co. winning last night how is the play off picture looking? Tyner is obvously still undefeated in the region. As of right now Boyd only has 1 region loss which will put them in 2nd place. Bledsoe Co. winning last night puts them at 2 region losses, as does Marion Co. Sequatchie is at 3 region losses, or to make it easier it looks something like this.

Tyner 3-0

Boyd Buc 2-1

Bledsoe Co. 2-2

Marion Co. 1-2

Sequathchie Co. 0-3

Bledsoe Co. has finished ther region schedule so there record will stay the same. With Bledsoe Co. winning, that puts Boyd in a position to make the Boyd Buc vs Tyner game the region championship (i know a 2-7 team with a chance to win the region :lol: , we owe you one Bledsoe Co.) If Boyd is to lose, which most assume is the case, that will put Boyd Buc in a tie with Bledsoe Co. at 2-2. I'm assuming Marion Co. will beat Sequatchie Co. so that will put them at 2-2 also. How will the 3 way tie be determined?

The next tie-breaker is most wins.

That def. does not go into our favor if we lose to Tyner. Worst thing about it is who we have lost to this season, but guess thats just how it goes. :lol:

Yeah...that really is a bummer. That's the drawback of playing such a tough schedule.

It looks like Marion and Bledsoe could both finish 5-5. If that happens...the next tie-breaker is wins over teams with 50% or better winning record. It may be that neither will have beaten anyone with that record. Whitwell would have to beat South Pittsburg or Upperman would have to beat Westmoreland. Neither is likely. That's assuming Marion beating Upperman. After last night...I would have to think Upperman has a chance to beat Marion. Bledsoe opponents have no chance to reach 50%.

During the radio broadcast of the BBS/SC game, they kept saying that Boyd was locked into third place, no matter what happens against Tyner...

As it looks, we could finish anywhere but third:

Beat Tyner = 1st place

Lose to Tyner + MC loss to SC = 2nd

Lose to Tyner + MC beats SC = 4th

...oh, the benefits of playing a cupcake schedule...But, if Boyd does end up in the 4th slot, they will certianly be prepared to face Westmorland, thanks to the killer schedule.

Good thing we won't have to worry about it after defeating Tyner :rolleyes:

If BBS loses to Tyner, Bledsoe loses to Cannon and Marion County wins out, I think that BBS would be third.

I don't think there's any way Bledsoe will lose to Cannon. Cannon has mulitple starters (at least 5) out for the year due to injury. They are depleted. Marion and Upperman may be a close game if Marion plays like they have the last two games. Upperman is much improved...but I find it difficult to believe they can win in Jasper. The Bledsoe win over Marion has really made your region interesting.

I don't think there's any way Bledsoe will lose to Cannon. Cannon has mulitple starters (at least 5) out for the year due to injury. They are depleted. Marion and Upperman may be a close game if Marion plays like they have the last two games. Upperman is much improved...but I find it difficult to believe they can win in Jasper. The Bledsoe win over Marion has really made your region interesting.

Thanks for the sorta compliments there Antwan. You are right though it will be a tough game for Upperman, but not impossible. What happens if we just happen to catch York off gaurd who would Upperman play?

I don't disagree with your assessment at all. I was just pointing out that there was a way that BBS could be third. From the looks of things, Bledsoe will be second, Marion County third, and BBS will be fourth unless they can beat Tyner.

If I understand the tie-breaker system, BBS would drop out of the running for second in a three way tie because of their record, leaving Bledsoe and Marion which would give Bledsoe second because they defeated Marion. Then Marion would be third since they defeated BBS, leaving the Bucs fourth.

I don't disagree with your assessment at all. I was just pointing out that there was a way that BBS could be third. From the looks of things, Bledsoe will be second, Marion County third, and BBS will be fourth unless they can beat Tyner.

If I understand the tie-breaker system, BBS would drop out of the running for second in a three way tie because of their record, leaving Bledsoe and Marion which would give Bledsoe second because they defeated Marion. Then Marion would be third since they defeated BBS, leaving the Bucs fourth.

I don't think it would work like that...but I am not sure. In a 3-way tie...when each team has beaten one of the other teams...but not both...it goes to overall record...or most wins. Boyd would not be 2nd because of that. Second would be decided between Bledsoe and Marion...but most wins would be the tie-breaker. Once the 2nd place team is determined...the process starts all over again. If that is the case...Boyd would have the edge over Bledsoe...Marion would have the edge over Boyd...and Bledsoe would have the edge over Marion. Clear as mud...huh? I have read the tie-breaker procedure over and over...but I have yet to fully understand them. The tssaa will come out with a what if scenario after week 9. Maybe then we can determine who will play whom.

Thanks for the sorta compliments there Antwan. You are right though it will be a tough game for Upperman, but not impossible. What happens if we just happen to catch York off gaurd who would Upperman play?

No...not impossible at all. If Upperman comes to play...it should be a good one.

I don't think it would work like that...but I am not sure. In a 3-way tie...when each team has beaten one of the other teams...but not both...it goes to overall record...or most wins. Boyd would not be 2nd because of that. Second would be decided between Bledsoe and Marion...but most wins would be the tie-breaker. Once the 2nd place team is determined...the process starts all over again. If that is the case...Boyd would have the edge over Bledsoe...Marion would have the edge over Boyd...and Bledsoe would have the edge over Marion. Clear as mud...huh? I have read the tie-breaker procedure over and over...but I have yet to fully understand them. The tssaa will come out with a what if scenario after week 9. Maybe then we can determine who will play whom.

I think we are saying the same thing. I just left out the explanation.