Stewart Co. @ Waverly Central

15 NWTF 08

Can anyone tell me how Tyler Fuller did in the game he is my cousin and I did not get to make it to any games this weekend work and all Got two darn good ballplayers goiing right now with my younger "he's bigger than me can't say little" brother playing at camden and cousin tyler at waverly "makes for great bridge talk"

Anyone mind posting some stats if they know how many receptions? yards? how he did on D ?? would really appreciate it

Nothing spectalur on defense tonight. They didn't throw to him any last night. Didn't need to pass much but he did carry the ball twice for 37 yards. You're right he's gonna be special.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You. Yeah I think so just don't tell him.. lol don't want his head to get too big.

We'll try to keep him under control. lol Good luck with Lewis this week. I think you guys will take them fairly easy. I say by 21. Close in first half and then your speed and ability taking over from there.

A few comments. Waverly played an excellent game last night on Senior night. All the Seniors should be commended for their dedication in helping put the Tiger football team back to their winning tradition. The offensive line (no Seniors) were as dominant tonight as they have been all year. Keep working hard! Luke Anderson did a fine job tonight at quarterback. He brings a lot of athleticism to the position. Luke can play nearly anywhere on the field and if his body were as big as his heart, he could play in the line too. The defense, under Coach Cash, continues to be the strength of the team. Now, the bad part last night?? THE PENALTIES!!! The Tennessean's box score had the Tigers penalized 10 times for 100 yards. It seemed like a lot more. And how many positive yards were lost because of the plays being called back? Way too many. Good luck next week @ Loretto. It is a long ride (thanks T$$AA) and Loretto did play Adamsville to a 7-0 game last night. They have nothing to lose so you better be ready.

Now, concerning the comments about Stewart County keeping their starters in the game. Somewhat mixed feelings on that. I am glad, from a Waverly standpoint, that the Tiger reserves had a chance to play against S.C.'s best. It will only give them a better feel for what it takes to compete at the Varsity level as they prepare for their chance in later years. Sure, the final score was not indicative of the game but the players and coaches involved know who the dominant team was last night. And for the Waverly JV players, they need to step up. I could be wrong but it appeared some of those same Rebel starters you faced were the same players you played against a few weeks ago in a JV contest. I don't remember the final score, am thinking 14-12, but who remembers JV scores anyway. I do remember however, the victory celebration that took place after the game by the S.C. team. I thought dang, either this team has never won a game before or they just continued their undefeated season. Maybe a S.C. poster can let me know.

Stewart County plays their starters in every JV game. It ultimately is Coach Holliday's fault for allowing their starters to play. Maybe his thinking is if they win a JV game their team can feel what it is like to win. Personally, I feel it is stupid and you are right. That is the reason they are awful every year. I mean he plays the worst 1-A teams in the state to get a couple of wins and then claims they are a decent team. Just wait until they go to 3-A. It will happen due to their increasing enrollment. Goodluck Coach Holliday.

First, if they are the future, what will they learn playing 3rd and 4th teamers. Second, even if the guys on the bench can't chew gum and walk, they go to practice every day just like everyone else. They deserve a chance to play in the game. What does it prove to Stewart County players if they score 16 points in the last 5 minutes of the game against freshmen and sophomores. As far as JV. Stewart County lets their starters play in JV too.

IT PROVES WHAT I TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO YOU EARLIER THEY PLAY JV FOR A REASON AND THE GUYS LEFT ON THE FIELD ARE THE FUTURE OF STEWART COUNTY FOOTBALL. THEY BEAT WAVERLY IN A JV GAME THOSE WERE THE SAME KIDS THAT PLAYED LATE IN THE GAME ON FRIDAY.DO WE NEED TO FIRE THE COACH FOR GETTING READY FOR THE FUTURE.

IT PROVES WHAT I TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO YOU EARLIER THEY PLAY JV FOR A REASON AND THE GUYS LEFT ON THE FIELD ARE THE FUTURE OF STEWART COUNTY FOOTBALL. THEY BEAT WAVERLY IN A JV GAME THOSE WERE THE SAME KIDS THAT PLAYED LATE IN THE GAME ON FRIDAY.DO WE NEED TO FIRE THE COACH FOR GETTING READY FOR THE FUTURE.

The point is, the starters for varsity shouldn't be playing in JV. If they are, you're program is in deep trouble. JV is a learning place for the youngsters. Those who are sitting should play JV so they can contribute later. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Look at the other posts.

I also heard that your JV(Varsity) barely beat our freshmen and the players acted like they won the super bowl and were trying to taunt some of the kids. That's going to be remembered because if your JV(varsity) can barely beat our freshmen (which is what the Tiger JV mostly is) then you are in deep, deep trouble. Our freshmen will mix in with the varsity next year. In fact, you didn't see all of our freshmen. We play several on varsity and they don't play JV. That's the Tiger varsity that smoked you last night.

Edited by papatiger

stewart county ya'll need some help. But #77 u did have some great sportsmanship last night helping up #23 nathan daniels and #77 shoey. If u could why dont u teach ur entire team that kind of good sportsmanship because they need including ur coach. cause if he's gonna use varsity players agaist 2nd string jv then he shouldn'd coach high school football. he needs to coach jr pro if he's gonna act like that

You may be the dumbest poster ever. You do not use JV to get your starters better. You use JV to use your backups so they can fine tune their skills. Most of the time, JV is used to teach Freshmen what football is about. I'm almost certain that at Stewart County, their freshmen definitely need time out on the field to learn what football is about. SC does not play their backups in JV games. Out of 11 starters in a Varsity game, 8-9 of those starters will play in the JV game. He will sit two or three of starters. Way to prepare for the future. I question that philosophy, meaning I do not agree with Coach H. There is a reason why their school is one of the bottom 5 teams in 2-A every year. Good luck in 3-A in a year or so.

Edited by Camdenlionpride

You may be the dumbest poster ever. You do not use JV to get your starters better. You use JV to use your backups so they can fine tune their skills. Most of the time, JV is used to teach Freshmen what football is about. I'm almost certain that at Stewart County, their freshmen definitely need time out on the field to learn what football is about. SC does not play their backups in JV games. Out of 11 starters in a Varsity game, 8-9 of those starters will play in the JV game. He will sit two or three of starters. Way to prepare for the future. I question that philosophy, meaning I do not agree with Coach H. There is a reason why their school is one of the bottom 5 teams in 2-A every year. Good luck in 3-A in a year or so.

THE DUMBEST POSTER EVER FIRE HOLIDAY FOR NOT PLAYING THE YOUNG KIDS.THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS SC STARTS ABOUT 5 OR 6 SOHPMORES BOTH WAYS. THE REASON 8-9 STARTERS PLAY IN BOTH IS BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUNG. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE SECOND DUMBEST POSTER, 3 THAT DO NOT PLAY IN JV ARE SENIORS, NOW THAT WOULD BE AREASON TO TO COMPLAIN. IF HOLIDAY PLAYED SENIORS BUT HE DOESNT. BY THE WAY THERE IS NO DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE REBELS JV AND V THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT TO ALL OF THIS CONVERSATION SO GET A CLUE ABOUT DEVELOPING A PROGRAM BEFORE YOU TRY TO ANALYZE JV AND V